Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Game Over  (Read 65503 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Day 6
« Reply #525 on: July 13, 2009, 05:01:40 pm »

Surviving Players
Umiman
JanusTwoFace
Mr.Person
NUKE9.13
R1ck

Possibilities (Most likely Sort of likely Not likely)

Umiman + Janus = I would have had to do the killing, and I'm not a dopp
Umiman + Mr.Person = Umiman lied to cover Mr.Person, Mr.Person did it
Umiman + Nuke = If Nuke is a dopp we're all screwed anyways
Umiman + R1ck = No-one lied, R1ck did it
Janus + Mr.Person = I would have had to do the killing, and I'm not a dopp
Janus + Nuke = If Nuke is a dopp we're all screwed anyways
Janus + R1ck = Either of us could have done the killing, but I'm not a dopp
Mr.Person + Nuke = If Nuke is a dopp we're all screwed anyways
Mr.Person + R1ck = R1ck did the killing, but why did they kill Rysith?  They could have killed anyone.  Plus, they're both claimed (and verified?) reporters
Nuke + R1ck = If Nuke is a dopp we're all screwed anyways

So, all in all, it was either Mr.Person or R1ck (which makes sense, they're both reporters so one of them has to be lying.

If this list is still accurate, it looks like R1ck is the most likely dopp.  I'm going to go back through old messages and see if I can find anything else incriminating:
R1ck
Umiman
JanusTwoFace
Mr.Person
NUKE9.13

Note: I removed Flinus (dead dopp) and Rysith (dead townie), changed yellow to orange to make it easier to see, and sorted by suspicions.

Then if R1ck is the first dopp, that will clear Mr.Person, so Umiman is the other dopp.  We lynch R1ck today, someone dies (doesn't really matter though) tonight, we lynch Umiman tomorrow. We win!

Edit: Although in hindsight, if Nuke was a dopp then I will be rather impressed.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 13, 2009, 07:10:21 pm »

I find it funny how you're so eager to incriminate me as a dopp when there's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many chances that I could influence things to the dopp's side before this. If I were a dopp, why the heck would I incriminate my own allies? In case you forgot, the evidence that turned the tide in the past lynching came from me.

'sides, It was already proven repeatedly (as Archangel) that I am a townie mad scientist with a snooperbot.

However, considering your history, it seems strange that you're so eager to influence other people into thinking that someone else other than you is a dopp. It's like how... you know... "Hahaha, there's no way I can be a dopp. Look at these billions of reasons I carefully selected to prove it!"

It's pretty simple. You're a dopp and r1ck's a dopp. Tadaaah.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #527 on: July 13, 2009, 07:33:05 pm »

I find it funny how you're so eager to incriminate me as a dopp when there's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many chances that I could influence things to the dopp's side before this. If I were a dopp, why the heck would I incriminate my own allies? In case you forgot, the evidence that turned the tide in the past lynching came from me.

'sides, It was already proven repeatedly (as Archangel) that I am a townie mad scientist with a snooperbot.

However, considering your history, it seems strange that you're so eager to influence other people into thinking that someone else other than you is a dopp. It's like how... you know... "Hahaha, there's no way I can be a dopp. Look at these billions of reasons I carefully selected to prove it!"

It's pretty simple. You're a dopp and r1ck's a dopp. Tadaaah.

I am perfectly willing to believe that you are a mad scientist, that much is relatively clear.  But I'm not as sure that you are a townie.  If something has come up in the past to prove it, please point me at it.  I will admit that, not having started this round from the beginning, I may easily have missed something.

On the other hand, it may in fact be possible that I am mistaken and that you are not a dopp.  This would require that Mr.Person and R1ck both be dopps.  At first, I didn't think that was possible, because they both have at least some evidence (I believe) of being reporters.  However, it's possible that only one is a reporter and is feeding information to the other.  Or one is a reporter and the other is a dopp mad scientist with a snooper.  Neither would be particularly easy to pull off, but possible.

In either case, R1ck seems to be the common thread.  Lynch him and it doesn't matter who the other dopp is (at least unless some other nasty surprise crops up).

Still, I'm open to other evidence...  We have until Wednesday to figure this out.

PS: That's a lot of OOOOOOs.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 13, 2009, 07:45:23 pm »

Ah right. You're like me. We weren't here from the beginning. Just go back maybe 10 or so pages and you should see all the evidence you need.

If you're lazy: There's no way I can be a dopp, or I'd be the stupidest dopp in existance for killing my own comrades. We could always just ask Nuke to commune.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 13, 2009, 07:50:57 pm »

Well, I don't know about you guys, but, if my rules knowledge doesn't escape me, each role can only be on a certain side one. For instance, I think 2 town reporters is impossible (Meph? Is this true?). Between that and R1ck going to Rysith's house the night he died, I'm going to have to vote R1ck.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #530 on: July 13, 2009, 08:29:03 pm »

Ah right. You're like me. We weren't here from the beginning. Just go back maybe 10 or so pages and you should see all the evidence you need.

If you're lazy: There's no way I can be a dopp, or I'd be the stupidest dopp in existance for killing my own comrades. We could always just ask Nuke to commune.

I went back through and read all of Umiman/Archangel's posts and there really aren't many of them.  From what I can tell, chaoticjosh was the main person to back you (Nuke can you get any info from him?) and he showed that Umiman could snoop people.  Still... a mad scientist can be a dopp.

From what I saw, the evidence in the past lynching (changing the vote from me/Frelock to Flintus) came from Nuke.  It's entirely possible that you were talking with him via PM or that I missed something.  Please, if this is the case, enlighten me.  (Or if Nuke has anything from beyond the grave.)  If you are not a dopp, I don't particularly want to lynch you.

And I might be entirely too paranoid, but providing evidence that lead to lynching a dopp might be a very dopplike thing to do.  It would make you look much better to the townies.  (Might be just a thought from someone not used to the game, but I bet it could work.)

Well, I don't know about you guys, but, if my rules knowledge doesn't escape me, each role can only be on a certain side one. For instance, I think 2 town reporters is impossible (Meph? Is this true?). Between that and R1ck going to Rysith's house the night he died, I'm going to have to vote R1ck.

As far as I can tell, you are correct.  If it so happens that you and R1ck are both dopps, you could not both be reporters.  But, as I said earlier, one could have been feeding the other, or one could have been a dopp mad scientist with a snooper.  Neither is likely, but both are possible.

Still, I think the most likely possibility is either Umiman + R1ck or R1ck + Mr.Person.  So R1ck, if you don't want to be lynched, please come forward and try to clear yourself.  Or, anyone else, if you have some evidence, now would be the time.  (Particularly you Nuke, anything from the dead?)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 13, 2009, 08:40:30 pm »

Well, I don't know about you guys, but, if my rules knowledge doesn't escape me, each role can only be on a certain side one. For instance, I think 2 town reporters is impossible (Meph? Is this true?).

Correct. It is impossible to have two of any given power role on a single side. (Regular townies and dopps excepted, of course.  But I don't consider them power roles).
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #532 on: July 13, 2009, 08:55:41 pm »

Well, I don't know about you guys, but, if my rules knowledge doesn't escape me, each role can only be on a certain side one. For instance, I think 2 town reporters is impossible (Meph? Is this true?).

Correct. It is impossible to have two of any given power role on a single side. (Regular townies and dopps excepted, of course.  But I don't consider them power roles).

Well that does mean that it couldn't be Umiman + Me.  Then Mr.Person and R1ck would be both town reporters.

So it has to be one of these (in rough order of likelihood from my current point of view):
- Umiman + R1ck
- Umiman + Mr.Person
- R1ck + Mr.Person
- Me + R1ck
- Me + Mr.Person

I claim not to be a dopp, although without any sort of power role, I cannot give much evidence of that.  I have my mind shield, but without Rysith, that's not terribly useful.  About all I can offer is that with three people left alive that could have followed me (I'm not sure how many of the dead) no-one should have seen me go anywhere.  (Or, if they did, they are lying.  In which case, we may want to consider lynching.)

Umiman claims not to be a dopp and claims to have provided evidence that lead to the lynching of a dopp.  I'm not convinced of this, but I'm also not completely convinced that Umiman is a dopp.  It just seems more likely than Mr.Person + R1ck.

Overall, either Mr.Person and R1ck (or both) is the most likely to be a dopp.  It's round about time for me to work on something a little more productive for the evening, so I'll wonder off and wait for other responses.

PS:
... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ...
(Sorry, that just amuses me.)

Edit: Very minor grammatical edit, in italics above.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 08:57:24 pm by JanusTwoface »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 13, 2009, 11:15:07 pm »

Edit: Very minor grammatical edit, in italics above.

Generally, don't worry about that sort of thing. Edits are considered bad form in a Mafia, so don't do them. If your post is really bad, just double-post a correction beneath it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 14, 2009, 02:49:22 am »

Up to you what you want to believe. I don't really care. When you're a hammer, all you see are nails, so they say. I vote for R1ck as well.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 14, 2009, 03:00:49 am »

You know. There's a very easy way to prove I'm not a dopp. That is, if R1ck dies tonight, I am not a dopp. Since I incriminated him, it would be again idiotic for me to do so because it would just leave me as the only remaining dopp. How the hell could I win? I don't have any daykill skills.

I mean. If I were a dopp, I'd have just said Mr. Person went to Rysith or Janus went to Rysith. Not Mr. Person went to R1ck.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 14, 2009, 04:16:36 am »

If r1ck is a dopp Mr.Person is a townie.
Anyway.
CEASE THINE CRAZY VOTINGS.
Let's think about this.
Umiman + Mr.Person = Mr.Person killed rysith. Possible.
Umiman + R1ck = R1ck killed rysith. Possible.
Umiman + JanusTwoFace = This means a townie is lying about being a reporter. NOT POSSIBLE.
Fortunately, I am pretty sure Umiman is not a dopp.
Mr.Person + R1ck = NOT POSSIBLE
Mr.Person + JanusTwoFace = Mr.Person must have a non-lethal dopp power role- I'm not sure how likely this is. Janus killed rysith. Possible
R1ck + Janus = Possible.

Anyway. In short, the dopps are R1ck/Mr.Person + Umiman/JanusTwoFace.
As I think it unlikely Umiman is a dopp, combined with beyond the dead information (wooo) I am going to have to ask for a lynch of Janus.
Long Live United Forenia!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #538 on: July 14, 2009, 11:23:43 am »

Sadness, if Nuke has convinced Umiman.  R1ck will not vote for himself and I will die.

Although there is another potential option.  If you well and truly believe that I am a dopp, tie the vote 2/2.  Then both R1ck and I will die.
- If we are both dopps, game over, you win.
- If neither is, the townies are screwed, but at least I feel better about myself.
- If only I was, Mr.Person is the other dopp.
- If only R1ck was, Umiman is the most likely other dopp.

Is there a problem with this?  (Besides my being dead that is...)

In any case, my most likely way out of this is to vote R1ck.  R1ck, if you have some evidence incriminating Umiman or Mr.Person, please come forward...

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #539 on: July 14, 2009, 11:37:38 am »

On second thought, that's probably not a good idea.  When R1ck turns dopp and I turn town (or I guess the other way around), that will leave it 2-1, then after dopp kill tonight, 1-1 vote tomorrow.  How does that end out?  (Probably not well...)

So far as R1ck, I will say that he has been incredibly quite this game.  I think I've out talked him in just the last two or three days.  Anyways, he originally claimed vanilla townie:

I too am a simple townie.

Was there some evidence by then that he was actually a reporter?  Or did that come up later as a way push away suspicion.  Could even still be Mr.Person + R1ck with some elaborate scheme...  And if that is so and you lynch me, it will have worked.

Later:

So why are you still voting Frelock Edit: JanusTwoface, Chaoticjosh? Is it just based on a hunch, or is it based on information you've received from town investigative roles? If the town doesn't have enough info to lynch a dopp today, we should probably just no lynch in order to wait for more info.

Either misinformed or dopp.  Granted, he was trying to save me, for which I am grateful.  But I don't think that a no-lynch at that point would have helped the town whatsoever.

I still say lynch R1ck unless someone has some actual evidence that he is less dopplike than myself.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44