Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Game Over  (Read 65446 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Day 5 is less Enchanted
« Reply #510 on: July 09, 2009, 11:44:51 am »

JanusTwoFace will be taking the place of Frelock for the remainder of the game, since Frelock is off on vacation until the 16th or so, and I'm not sure this game will go that long. Math-wise, we'll reach a conclusion one way or another in the next few game-days.

Janus, please remember to list any votes in red so that I can spot them easily. The list of roles is on the front page, and if you have any questions about anything just ask.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 09, 2009, 03:40:10 pm »

The Whiteboard

Flintus10: Nuke9.13, Rysith
JanusTwoFace: Flintus10, Mr.Person

Living Players

Umiman
Flintus10
JanusTwoFace
Mr.Person
NUKE9.13
R1ck
Rysith

Reminder: Day 5 ends at ~5pm Pacific Time Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 09, 2009, 04:13:11 pm »

Woah.
Shit.
Day ends today.

Ok can we get one more person on flintus.

For your convinience a color coded list of players. Lime= totally safe. Red= totally a dopp. Scale goes Lime-Gree-Blue-white-yellow-orange-red.
Umiman
Flintus10
JanusTwoFace
Mr.Person
NUKE9.13
R1ck
Rysith

This list is based on my current information, which, due to town ignorance, is lacking. Please send me any and all information you have regarding anything. I am going to die tonight, so I kinda want to get everything all fixed up for a town win before I go. I fear if the FBI has to bomb the place my shrines will get disrupted and then my spirit will not rest. And without spirits, how will my soul get along?
Long Live United Forenia!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 09, 2009, 04:24:11 pm »

Interesting that I'm a blue.

Killing Flintus is like killing Drone #433.

Who's R1ck and what's he doing?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 09, 2009, 06:29:27 pm »

Two quick notes:

1) Voting will go until 5:30 (an hour from now) because I have a meeting to go to. I'll tally up everything when I get back.

2) With the current situation both Flintus10 and JanusTwoFace will be lynched, as we have only two vote camps and over half the players have voted. Make use of that information as you will.
Come play Mafia with us!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #515 on: July 09, 2009, 06:53:49 pm »

Apparently, I have gone from being on the most wanted list to also being 'blue'...  As I am always in favor of not being shot myself, I believe that, in interest of self preservation, I must concur with the vodka.  (At least it wasn't tequila... Never trust the tequila).

Flintus10
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 09, 2009, 06:59:08 pm »

Apparently, I have gone from being on the most wanted list to also being 'blue'...  As I am always in favor of not being shot myself, I believe that, in interest of self preservation, I must concur with the vodka.  (At least it wasn't tequila... Never trust the tequila).

Yeah, I'm not sure of the logic behind the list either (particularly my own yellow status. Since making contact with other town people, I've done nothing but ask for guidance in using my powers, and seem to have done reasonably well even before that), but since Nuke is confirmed town and has been talking to the dead, I have to assume that he has a) more information than I do and b) the best interests of the town at heart, so the shift to trusting you is something that I'm going to trust. Mafia games get strange at the ends.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 09, 2009, 07:33:54 pm »

The Whiteboard

Flintus10: Nuke9.13, Rysith, JanusTwoFace
JanusTwoFace: Flintus10, Mr.Person

The day ends with a tight vote, but in the end it is decided that Flintus10 must die. JanusTwoFace picks up the pistol, and as he turns around Flintus10 bolts for the door!

Nuke grabs onto him, and tries to drag him backwards. Horribly, Flintus10's form shifts into that of a doppelganger before your very eyes! He lifts up Nuke with a single hand and hurls him backwards onto a table. It shatters beneath his weight, and he is send rolling into a wall.

As Flintus moves to escape Janus fires off a few shots. The first two miss, but the third slams into his chest. The monster staggers against the doorframe, and Janus fires off another salvo. Bullets slam into the doppelganger, and his body topples out into the street. Dark blood stains the stairwell, and it is soon apparent that he has died.

You all breath a sigh of relief. One more monster down. A few of you might make it out of this alive after all!

Ok, Night 5 has started. Get your night actions to me!

Living Players

Umiman
JanusTwoFace
Mr.Person
NUKE9.13
R1ck
Rysith
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Night 5
« Reply #518 on: July 11, 2009, 07:51:51 am »

Official announcement: Night 5 is extended to 5pm Pacific Monday
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Day 6
« Reply #519 on: July 13, 2009, 03:59:02 pm »

The next morning dawns dark and rainy. You trudge through the wet streets to join those few that are left. Looking around, you see that Rysith has failed to join you. Almost numb to the horror by this point, you make your way to his house.

There, the door has been bashed down, and the floor is covered in a puddle of drying blood and coffee. It seems the doppelgangers were here last night. Looking around his house, you find many symbols of protection, including a set of finely wrought silver chains. Looking at his notes, it seems he was a Psychic Warden as he had claimed.

Surviving Players
Umiman
JanusTwoFace
Mr.Person
NUKE9.13
R1ck

Ok, Day 6 has started. I decided to get a jump on this, since I'm going to be busy tonight and I haven't heard anything in the last few days anyway.

Day 6 will go until ~5pm Pacific time Wednesday.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 04:11:09 pm by Mephansteras »
Come play Mafia with us!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 13, 2009, 04:08:45 pm »

Was Rysith indeed the claimed warden, meph?

Anyway, who saw what. Everybody now.

We shall have a dopp by the nads today for sure.
Long Live United Forenia!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 13, 2009, 04:11:26 pm »

Yeah, sorry. Fixed that....
Come play Mafia with us!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #522 on: July 13, 2009, 04:16:31 pm »

I saw the insides of my eyelids as I sat in my house and did nothing.

How about the people that can actually wander around and do things, see anything interesting?

If Rysith was actually the Warden then Umiman couldn't have killed him.
So Umiman, did Mr.Person go to R1ck's? (Still could be a dopp but didn't kill Rysith)
Mr.Person, did R1ck go to Rysith's?  (Still could be a dopp and then was at the scene of the crime)
R1ck, did Rysith go anywhere? (Can't think of any way he could have)

If everyone answers yes, then it had to be R1ck.  (Or me. But it wasn't me.)

Edit: See below for a more in depth analysis...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 05:07:26 pm by JanusTwoface »
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 13, 2009, 04:21:39 pm »

R1ck went to Rysith's.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44