Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Game Over  (Read 65429 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Day 4 dawns bright
« Reply #480 on: July 04, 2009, 06:33:53 am »

Bla bla bla I'm bored of the game but I still want my vote to count

Meph: Please either A) replace this guy or B) mod-kill him.
Thanks.

Long Live United Forenia!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 04, 2009, 11:29:44 am »

I'm starting to get better, but I still can't look at a computer screen for all that long, yet.

I think I'll be able to wrap this up tomorrow morning. So, day 4 ends ~10am Pacific time on Sunday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 04, 2009, 02:22:21 pm »

Nuke! You never answered my question! Why do you want to kill AFD when your only shred of "evidence" incriminates ME!?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 04, 2009, 04:02:07 pm »

Because if you are a dopp then AFD is lying therefore he is a dopp. QED

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 04, 2009, 04:15:52 pm »

That's one hell of a gamble you've worked out there.

You suspect us both of being dopps, but, according to you, it's more worthwhile to take out the dopp telepath than the dopp enchanter.

However, since you're wrong, you're taking out one of the town's last power roles.

Pandar's lie fingers me as a dopp, and AFD backing me up incriminates him by association. If you're willing to gamble, will you being willing to take out a self-proclaimed 'townie' than the town telepath?

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 04, 2009, 06:36:13 pm »

You suspect us both of being dopps, but, according to you, it's more worthwhile to take out the dopp telepath than the dopp enchanter.

However, since you're wrong, you're taking out one of the town's last power roles.

Pandar's lie fingers me as a dopp, and AFD backing me up incriminates him by association. If you're willing to gamble, will you being willing to take out a self-proclaimed 'townie' than the town telepath?

We've already explained this. If AFD flips town, we know he is telling the truth. We now have a confirmed town enchanter, and are happy.

If AFD flips dopp, we strongly suspect him of lying, and I can ward you tonight for your lynch tomorrow. That's something I won't be able to do tomorrow night, since I'm more or less certain that I'm getting killed tonight.

In short, AFD gives us information either way if he dies. Frelock only gives us information one way, and more importantly if Frelock is not a dopp the town has much more trouble than if AFD is not a dopp.

Thus, the town *needs* to know if it can trust you/AFD tonight, rather than tomorrow night. It's not a happy choice to make, but an enchanter is worth more to us right now than a telepath (in my estimation). If you are town, and think that a telepath is more valuable than an enchanter, would you vote for yourself? I'd follow that vote, since it would (more or less) confirm AFD, and would remove my need to potentially ward you tonight.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 04, 2009, 08:30:44 pm »

The thing is, AFD IS the town telepath, and I need him to seuss out the last dopp! Don't think that my suspicion of you has ameliorated Rysith, it's only gotten heavier and heavier for the past day and a half. Eliminating AFD would be SO convenient for the dopps, as they wouldn't have to worry about him finding anyone out anymore.

Meph, can you PLEASE try to find a replacement for Mr.Person before the day is up?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 04, 2009, 10:10:52 pm »

Would anyone be interested in another Day extension? 4th of July celebration is really cutting into everyone's time, I bet.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 04, 2009, 10:29:56 pm »

Meph, can you PLEASE try to find a replacement for Mr.Person before the day is up?

I've put up a listing for 3 people (Mr.Person, Archangel, and Frelock). Hopefully we'll get some people to join in.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 04, 2009, 10:59:14 pm »

Hold up, Frelock's quitting too?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 05, 2009, 03:30:14 am »

No worries. I have just received conformation that chaoticjosh and AFD are dopps.
It looks like things are coming down to the wire, so I might as well let you in on my plan to get the last dopp, but it requires that you trust me, and not tell anyone of our speaking.

There is actually a reporter in our midst, and if I manage to lynch Frelock, a definite dopp, I'll be targetted next for the dopp-kill most definitely, because by tomorrow I'll have already fingered another dopp.

I'll have the reporter stake out my house, and the person that kills me will be our last dopp. I'm positive of it.

Do you understand what I'm trying to do?
Happily the reporter does not work like that- the reporter follows people to see where they go, and does not see who comes to a location- you want security cameras for that!
A reporter would know this, and if chaoticjosh was telling the truth he would know it too.][/acronym]

(EDIT: I had a little misunderstanding with chaoticjosh about this. Turns out I can quote PMs. Thus the edit. Post is unchanged; see next post for edit)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 03:54:59 am by NUKE9.13 »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 05, 2009, 04:02:36 am »

EDIT ON PREVIOUS POST:
My bad! My bad indeed! I foolishly missed that, infact, the reporter can stake out at someone's house! (rules have recently been changed)
Chaoticjosh was fairly upset at my posting this. As am I. He sent me a PM informing me that 'the rules have been changed'. I thought he meant the rules have been changed regarding quoting PMs, thus I edited that post empty. Then he informed me he meant the rules regarding the reporter. Boy was my face red.
Anyway. I have un-edited the previous post (as editing is not allowed).
It is unfortunate that josh's plans have been revealed. I should like to ask the hypothetical reporter to contact me instead of chaoticjosh (as you cannot trust chaoticjosh) and we shall figure stuff out.
Meanwhile we must still lynch AFD. Rysith summarised why quite nicely:

We've already explained this. If AFD flips town, we know he is telling the truth. We now have a confirmed town enchanter, and are happy.

If AFD flips dopp, we strongly suspect him of lying, and I can ward you tonight for your lynch tomorrow. That's something I won't be able to do tomorrow night, since I'm more or less certain that I'm getting killed tonight.

In short, AFD gives us information either way if he dies. Frelock only gives us information one way, and more importantly if Frelock is not a dopp the town has much more trouble than if AFD is not a dopp.

Thus, the town *needs* to know if it can trust you/AFD tonight, rather than tomorrow night. It's not a happy choice to make, but an enchanter is worth more to us right now than a telepath (in my estimation). If you are town, and think that a telepath is more valuable than an enchanter, would you vote for yourself? I'd follow that vote, since it would (more or less) confirm AFD, and would remove my need to potentially ward you tonight.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 05, 2009, 04:10:07 am »

Since it looks like I can't convince Nuke, and that I can't convince Meph to do another extension, and that my bedtime is nigh, I go to bed. I know I will wake up and find that a no lynch has occurred, and I will be QUITE upset to know that the dopps have furthered there plans ever so much.

I will remain upset, both at Nuke and the miserable state of the situation in general, for quite some time.

Of course, I will remain upset at Pandar the most, nothing can even compare to how angry I am at his lies.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 05, 2009, 06:39:13 am »

I'm changing my vote so that this game will end sooner and that's pretty much the only reason. Unvote vote A_Fey_Dwarf.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 05, 2009, 11:14:16 am »

The Whiteboard
A_Fey_Dwarf: Nuke9.13, Rysith, Frelock, Flintus10, Archangel
Frelock: chaoticjosh, A_Fey_Dwarf

The long day finally draws to a close. After many cups of coffee and a debate that raged for hours, it is over. Archangel picks up the pistol and turns on A_Fey_Dwarf. "Sorry, man, but we gotta choose someone. I just hope you're a dopp after all". He raises his hands in supplication, but the shot splits the night. A_Fey_Dwarf lies dead.

You wait, expecting his body to turn any minute. But it does not, and you are left with the sad realization that you have condemned an innocent man to death. Checking his house for clues, you determine that he was, in fact, a Telepath.

With a heavy heart you trudge home for the night.

Ok, people, that's it for Day 4. Get me your night actions. Night 4 will go until ~10am Pacific time, Monday .
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44