Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Game Over  (Read 65440 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Day 4 dawns bright
« Reply #435 on: July 02, 2009, 11:49:58 am »

Alright, for me the choice is a simple one.  I know I was not attacked last night.  Josh says that Panda attacked me, Panda says he didn't attack me, but that he attacked Josh.  Therefore, there are only a few possibilities:

1. Josh is lying, Panda is telling the truth.  This means that Josh is a dopp for certain, which implicates Fey, who said his goal was survive.
2. Josh is simply mistaken, and Panda is lying.  This means that Panda is lying for no particular reason, and implicating someone at random.  It also means that he attacked neither Josh nor me, and someone is keeping quiet.

Personally, I think it likely that Panda would try to get the person he attempted to kill lynched.  Simply put, he has no reason to lie, and in fact would get some personal satisfaction out of seeing his last kill out of the game.  Therefore, vote A_Fey_Dwarf.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 02, 2009, 02:20:25 pm »

Why are you quiet today, chaoticjosh? Yesterday it was taking you only a few minutes to respond. Today... Today it's been hours.

I'll also point out that, if chaoticjosh is an enchanter and I got the vote count correct, we're currently one vote away from a tie (myself, Frelock, Flintus, and Nuke voting for A_Fey_Dwarf vs. A_Fey_Dwarf, chaoticjosh, and chaoticjosh voting for Frelock). Even if he does flip town, lynching AFD gives us much more information than a tie, and I'd urge R1ck, Archangel, and the inactives to vote if only to prevent a last-minute tie by the third doppleganger in the event that AFD is actually a dopp.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 02, 2009, 02:22:35 pm »

Sorry guys, looks like you're going to get an extended day for a bit. I ended up in the hospital yesterday with some funky migraine thing that messed with my brain so bad I didn't even know who the president was.

So, yeah, I'm taking a few days off from pretty much everything. I'll pick this up when I can look at a computer screen without pain.

I'm afraid any questions you have will have to wait until then.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 02, 2009, 02:31:02 pm »

No, Rysith. I am town. Losing me would be bad, The only information you gain is trusting CJ and a list of suspicious bandwagoners voting for me. Then the scum will be one step closer to winning. If we lynch Frelock we have pretty much won as town. We need to do this. Frelock has been much more scummy then I. Lurching, no voting, and trying to avoid unnecessary attention. I on the other had have been reasonably active, helping the town as much as I could.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 02, 2009, 02:38:51 pm »

Alright Meph, I hope you get better. Just be sure to tell us when the revised end date for the day is.

Alright, I WANT TO KNOW how, if AFD and I were dopps, we'd pull off a scheme as elaborate as claiming telepath and enchanter and not get caught rightaway?

And, of course Nuke, you're wrong. If Frelock is a human, Rysith can use his warden powers on me to disable my powers for the day, and so I wouldn't get a double vote. Your scenario isn't possible.

I expected you to be my compatriot in my fight Nuke. Would I really lie so blatantly to try and get someone lynched? I'm certain that I'm correct Nuke.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 02, 2009, 03:01:52 pm »

Sorry guys, looks like you're going to get an extended day for a bit. I ended up in the hospital yesterday with some funky migraine thing that messed with my brain so bad I didn't even know who the president was.

So, yeah, I'm taking a few days off from pretty much everything. I'll pick this up when I can look at a computer screen without pain.

I'm afraid any questions you have will have to wait until then.
Nooooes!
Why? Why?

Get well soon. Not that I care about your well-being, it's just I wanna lynch some dopps.

Alright, I WANT TO KNOW how, if AFD and I were dopps, we'd pull off a scheme as elaborate as claiming telepath and enchanter and not get caught rightaway?

And, of course Nuke, you're wrong. If Frelock is a human, Rysith can use his warden powers on me to disable my powers for the day, and so I wouldn't get a double vote. Your scenario isn't possible.
9/3
lynch town
8/3
dopps kill rysith. Rysith roleblocks josh
7/3
kill josh
6/2
dopps kill townie
5/2
kill AFD
4/1
dopps kill townie
3/1

That is indeed not quite so favourable. Perhaps you have a roleblocker of your own? I doubt it. Hmmn.

As to how you would pull something like that off (if a dopp)- well, simple
First, you are the dopp enchanter. So, no risk from detectives. You roleclaim to save your skin. Phew, that bought you a day.
Next day- what is this? No agent jumping forwards to call you out? There probably isn't one! You devise a plan. It is risky, but assures victory. You decide to execute it when it looks like chaoticjosh is about to die again. Fortunately, AFD is the dopp telepath, so, once again, no risk from detectives.
It is an excellent plan- heck, if it wasn't for panda going all backstab, there would be one more dopp alive today, and one less townie- and then you would have 4/9, +1 for enchanter = VICTORY.
Long Live United Forenia!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 02, 2009, 03:03:11 pm »

Double-post-edit: However, I must add, that situation is- to you dopps, infinitely more favourable than losing someone today.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 02, 2009, 03:11:55 pm »

... That's crazy and paranoid Nuke, I can't honestly believe you'd rather cling to a story like that than just trust me.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 02, 2009, 03:14:19 pm »

No, seriously, I would totally do that if I were a dopp.
Except I wouldn't trust the exterminator to do anything. I would just have a grunt kill him and then ignore all further input on his behalf.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 02, 2009, 03:23:29 pm »

Sorry to hear that, hopefully you feel better soon, Migraines suck.

On the other hand, I'm at least vaguely glad that the day isn't going to end in three hours. More questions need to be asked, and answered. A theory is growing.

No, Rysith. I am town. Losing me would be bad, The only information you gain is trusting CJ and a list of suspicious bandwagoners voting for me. Then the scum will be one step closer to winning. If we lynch Frelock we have pretty much won as town. We need to do this. Frelock has been much more scummy then I. Lurching, no voting, and trying to avoid unnecessary attention. I on the other had have been reasonably active, helping the town as much as I could.

Trusting CJ is quite important, if it could be done. CJ has amazing power to organize the town if he's trusted, and if I could trust him I'd gladly put my powers at his disposal. It's just the whole not trusting him right now thing that is getting in the way. I'll admit that you are much more active than Frelock, but I could definitely see this group of dopps laying the groundwork early for a false town base.

I expected you to be my compatriot in my fight Nuke. Would I really lie so blatantly to try and get someone lynched? I'm certain that I'm correct Nuke.

As far as I can tell, the town has no investigative roles whatsoever. Certainly none have come forward, and the closest we have come is a possible medium and a possible telepath. That would let you pull that combo off fairly easily.

And it's true, I could shut you down tomorrow if you're a dopp. I've done it before ;-). But, there is a case that that would fail:

We kill Frelock today. Frelock flips town, much to everyone's dismay, including yours. You are town, just incorrect with your guess. I shut you down, assuming you are a dopp. Another townie dies in the night, and we're at 4 town, 3 dopps, no enchanter. I suspect you of being a dopp, and in fact many people probably do. Dopps get your lynch through with town support, and town loses. Of course, it's even worse if you are actually a dopp, since I suspect that that means I'm dead, and can't lock you down for subsequent days.

Contrast that to if we lynch AFD. If AFD flips dopp, the town is significantly ahead. If AFD flips town, we know that he wasn't lying about your goal being survival, and we can trust you. A town base emerges, I lock down a dopp, and there is suddenly a pro-town voting block with an enchanter. I'd much rather take a choice of "town base with trusted lead or dopp kill" than "dopp kill or town loss".

There is a bit of information that would make everything fall nicely in to place, which I'm working on getting right now. It's nicely verifiable too, which is a definite plus. More details if that goes through.

Pre-Pre-post edit: Nuke's right, if pandar hadn't backstabbed the dopps they would be in a position to win. However, I'm pretty sure that pandar had to kill a dopp that night, to prevent the scenario that Nuke presented (a loss for him), and fairly sure that the dopps had to kill him that night (to prevent him from continuing to kill them).

chaoticjosh is right that my presence could make it a bit thorny now, but Nuke's analysis relies on all town players being active. I don't see that happening, and would like to avoid playing it that close if possible.

Pre-post edit:
Gah people, stop posting so fast!
I think that it's a reasonable plan on the dopp's part, especially the part where dopp-chaoticjosh (in hypothetical-land) gets me lynched today so I can't roleblock him tonight. But, they had already committed to the plan before I managed to stop being a viable target, and couldn't back out. I would rather cling to a reasonable theory than trust a potential dopp not to make the town lose the game.
Try my orc mod!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 02, 2009, 03:32:18 pm »

No, seriously, I would totally do that if I were a dopp.
Except I wouldn't trust the exterminator to do anything. I would just have a grunt kill him and then ignore all further input on his behalf.

Why would you do you something so needlessly risky? An agent could show up very easily and throw a wrench in such a plan with but a few words.

With just a single strand of odd evidence, Pandar's lies, you've concluded that the crazy and impossible must be what happened? Is this what I'm hearing? Because it didn't, and I only need you to trust me on this one thing.

Please note how Frelock is the only one of the active bunch that hasn't roleclaimed, he's purposefully staying in the dark to avoid persecution. Please, put more thought into this.

@Rysith: You honestly believe there's no town investigative roles?! That hasn't happened in a single paranormal thus far, and is an absolutely CRAZY notion!

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 02, 2009, 03:37:53 pm »

@Rysith: You honestly believe there's no town investigative roles?! That hasn't happened in a single paranormal thus far, and is an absolutely CRAZY notion!

Certainly none aside from AFD, who I don't trust to be town, have stepped forward. Thus, there might as well be none at this point. If we do have them, it's likely that only the Agent would really help here, and might not in the presence of a dopp leader.
Try my orc mod!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 02, 2009, 03:46:23 pm »

I know that's wrong Rysith. I know that's wrong because I've been hit by every single investigative role in the game.

Every.

Single.

One.

They're just being lazy about stepping forward to clear me.

Nuke, I have a request, commune with Cheeetar. He was an alien, so he probably had a scanner. Find out what he knows.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 02, 2009, 03:59:23 pm »

I know that's wrong Rysith. I know that's wrong because I've been hit by every single investigative role in the game.

Every.

Single.

One.

They're just being lazy about stepping forward to clear me.

Nuke, I have a request, commune with Cheeetar. He was an alien, so he probably had a scanner. Find out what he knows.

How would you know you had been investigated, apart from AFD's announcement?

If anyone has any information on chaoticjosh, please come forward now. We're definitely at the point where information on the accused should be made public, regardless of potentially exposing your role. We've already got a medium and a warden on the table, it's unlikely that you would be a higher priority target than those.
Try my orc mod!

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 02, 2009, 06:40:10 pm »

9/3
lynch town
8/3
dopps kill rysith. Rysith roleblocks josh
7/3
kill josh
6/2
dopps kill townie
5/2
kill AFD
4/1
dopps kill townie
3/1

Day 0:
9/3
lynch Rysith

Night 0:
8/3
dopps kill townie

Day 1:
7/3, actually 7/4 because of dopp-chaoticjosh (in hypothetical-land). Dopp victory.

Day 1 is today. That's why the plan would have worked.
dopp-chaoticjosh likely only knew that I was a protection role, unless one of the dopplegangers is a detective. Even then, a protection role would be either a protector or a warden, both thorns for the dopplegangers. I made a reasonable target, and if I was a protector rather than a warden they would have won as long as I didn't get lucky on my protection choice tonight. Definitely reasonable odds to start the plan, especially with confidence that the lynch would go through.

Once again, though, I'll ask for anyone with evidence of AFD/chaoticjosh's innocence to come forward with it. The last thing that we want to do is kill townies unnecessarily. Unfortunately, I think that the only person who could do that would be a town telepath (who is claimed, unchallenged, and suspected) or an agent (who seems not to exist).

chaoticjosh: Why would cheeetar have a scanner? He was a survivor, and thus would probably have a shield. Having Nuke press the dead for information is an excellent idea, though. Nuke, send PMs if you can to the dead non-dopps asking for anything they know. The more information we have the easier it will be to piece everything together.
Try my orc mod!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44