Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Game Over  (Read 65457 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Day 4 dawns bright
« Reply #420 on: July 01, 2009, 05:17:13 pm »

The only thing I can say is Pandar is LYING!

LYING LIKE A BASTARD TOO! Meph would have given me an action scene last night if he had truly attacked me, showing me being attacked and someone ambiguous saving me, but that was not the case. Wouldn't that have been the case Meph? That's how you handled it in the past with the doctor, so I assume that's how you handle it now.

Also, since I'm not a dopp, Alex would have no reason to protect me, and he's the type of guy that'd never sacrifice himself to incriminate me, but he'd never know who Pandar was going to attack unless he told him. None of it adds up! None of it at all!

So, based on the evidence: Pandar is a lying bastard, and Frelock is a dopp. There is no other explanation.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 01, 2009, 06:02:18 pm »

So: Pandarsenic may well be lying. He's an exterminator, his goal is to see everyone dead, etc.

Nuke seems fairly confirmed that he is the medium, though. That's definitely a point in his favor.

Nuke's scenario, that Pandarsenic attacked you last night, and Alex defended you, still seems possible. It would mean that you were lying about not getting an action scene, but you'd be a dopp so we'd expect that. Similarly, your scenario that Frelock is a dopp, Pandarsenic attacked Frelock last night and killed Alex instead, is also possible. Thus, "people are lying". We can, however, be fairly certain that Pandarsenic is claiming that he did not attack Frelock, since Nuke would have no reason to lie.

The one thing that people seem to agree on, though, is that Pandarsenic attacked a dopplganger last night, which Alexhans defended against, and that Nuke is the medium. I'd be tempted to say that targeting the dopp would make Panda unlikely to lie to the pro-town medium, but I already presented an analysis of why the exterminator needed to kill dopplgangers regardless of his feelings for the town, so I can't rule that out. Does completing the goal of "kill everyone" posthumously (IE coming down to one dopp, one human for the last day) count as a win for the exterminator? They'd be able to lynch each other in that case, since there would be two vote camps consisting of more than half the players, right?

There is also the totally paranoid theory that Nuke is a dopp claiming medium with a carefully orchestrated plan with chaoticjosh and A_Fey_Dwarf to claim a guaranteed pro-town role and incriminate both of them and, as the last doppleganger, pick the rest of the town apart from inside a newly-formed town base. But that's so far off into crazy and stupid and paranoia that I'm only mentioning it for humor value  ;D.

And, since I didn't do it last post, thank you Meph for the day extension. I'll try to make the most of it.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 01, 2009, 08:28:26 pm »

Gad this is becoming interesting.

So the way I see it basically either Josh is lying and he and Fey(?) are dopps or Pandar is lying and that would mean that Alex protected Frelock right?

And Josh your sucpicions on Frelock, after reading over everything from this day I can't find anything which really justifies it so could you please explain to me or should I just go back to previos days where it is already written?

Josh and Fey are clearly on the same side but I can't be sure which side that is yet.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 01, 2009, 08:44:28 pm »

I already told everyone Flintus, there are very few people I haven't ID'd fully, and what I know combined with the process of elimination led me to Frelock as a likely suspect. That, and the Alex/bodyguard incrimination have me absolutely CERTAIN that Frelock is a dopp.

Also, Flint, R1ck, Frelock, and everyone else, I don't see anything that resembles a roleclaim, which is something I wanted yesterday!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 01, 2009, 08:57:55 pm »

Okay okay I am not sure about all the little secrets you have (plans ect) but hey if you are town you seem to have things under control at least.

And as for roleclaim well I doubt knowing I am Townie does you much good as a dopp, but I hope it helps if you're town. 

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 01, 2009, 09:44:44 pm »

I too am a simple townie.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 02, 2009, 02:40:32 am »

Here is the deal.
You can trust me. Because I am the medium, who can only be pro-town. You know I am the medium because everyone says I am. Chaoticjosh does, I do, Rysith does.
Do not do what chaoticjosh says.
Do what I say.
Lynch A_Fey_Dwarf.

DO NOT ROLECLAIM
THERE IS NO REASON TO
CHAOTICJOSH CAN NOT BE TRUSTED. HE AND AFD ARE THE ONLY ONES SAYING HE IS PRO-TOWN.
Long Live United Forenia!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 02, 2009, 03:00:16 am »

Nuke, some CRAZY FRICKING STUFF is happening that can't be explained with normal logic: WA marching off to his doom, and Pandar pulling giant lies out of nowhere for no reason. I need you to trust me here, and when it's revealed that Frelock is a dopp, I know your trust in me will be reaffirmed.

Meph, have you considered quickly finding a replacement for Mr.Person? He hasn't logged on in 8 days, and I need whatever Mr.Person is to come here and discuss this with us.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 02, 2009, 03:17:35 am »

Assuming worst scenario, and you insist on lynching me then I flip town telepath. At least that confirms without a doubt CJ is town. Someone must protect him at all costs. He will form a solid town base from which you can dig out the scum that are doppelgangers. Now enough of this, Nuke, I don't know how you have come to the conclusion I am scum. But please look very carefully over what you have misinterpreted.

To everyone else, me being scum doesn't match up with the voting patterns. Why would I suddenly protect CJ, after trying so hard to get him lynched two days in a row. If I were scum, detecting Nuke as a seeker with the goal of 'find' on night one would probably lead to the mafia night killing him night two. But that didn't happen did it? CJ contacted him knowing he was a protector on night 3, this shows that I did scan you. He even proved Nuke as Medium with the help of panda. This was supposed to help the town. Now look what it has done. Nuke, you are splitting the town apart. If I am lynched, the town will be short a telepath and it's doppelganger finding abilities.

I will vote for Frelock, due to his scummyness and because of CJ's ploy showing he is a doppelganger.
Also Archangel who did you send your snooper bot to and what did it show?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 02, 2009, 04:44:52 am »

Sure sure. Come on, fellows. They only have two active players, or something. Just a few votes for AFD and we shall see who is telling pork pies; panda or not panda.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 02, 2009, 05:10:35 am »

Wouldn't it be a safer bet to vote for frelock, to show we are right about him being scum? Or would you rather risk losing a telepath?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 02, 2009, 05:25:06 am »

Wouldn't it be a safer bet to vote for frelock, to show we are right about him being scum? Or would you rather risk losing a telepath?
Hmmn.
9 people; 3 dopps.
Kill a townie today:
8 people: 3 dopps
Kill a townie tonight:
7 people, 3 dopps.
Chaoticjosh is dopp enchanter.
Dopps win.

HOW ABOUT NO.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 02, 2009, 05:49:01 am »

That's a very good point Nuke. If we lynch Fey and he comes up town then we can still win right? But if we lynch Frelock and he comes up town then the Dopps will have won right? So untill further evidence it only makes sense to me that we vote Fey Especially since if Josh is town then we have an enchanter and can easily win.

Or am I wrong here?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 02, 2009, 05:54:12 am »

You are correct there. If AFD is a townie, the dopps probably don't have an enchanter, and even if they do, so do we! If we lynch frelock, it is game over.

Also, chaoticjosh is probably an enchanter so that a detective wouldn't smell a rat if he checked him.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 02, 2009, 08:48:25 am »

Nuke, some CRAZY FRICKING STUFF is happening that can't be explained with normal logic: WA marching off to his doom, and Pandar pulling giant lies out of nowhere for no reason.

You're right, some crazy stuff is happening. I haven't found a consistent pattern that explains all the behavior yet, which is irritating. I hope I can by tonight.

To everyone else, me being scum doesn't match up with the voting patterns. Why would I suddenly protect CJ, after trying so hard to get him lynched two days in a row. If I were scum, detecting Nuke as a seeker with the goal of 'find' on night one would probably lead to the mafia night killing him night two. But that didn't happen did it? CJ contacted him knowing he was a protector on night 3, this shows that I did scan you. He even proved Nuke as Medium with the help of panda. This was supposed to help the town. Now look what it has done. Nuke, you are splitting the town apart. If I am lynched, the town will be short a telepath and it's doppelganger finding abilities.

You're right, lynching a town telepath, in general, would be bad. Nuke is right, though, that if you are a town telepath, then chaoticjosh is a town enchanter, and his dopp win scenario is impossible. Similarly, if you are a dopp telepath then chaoticjosh is a dopp (probably) enchanter, but we're at 7 people/2 dopps tomorrow and can pull off a lynch against him. Lynching you will either confirm chaoticjosh or prevent us from losing, whereas lynching Frelock will either kill a dopp or make us lose.

As for reasons: We already know that webadict and Alexhans were scum. If chaoticjosh is scum as well, that puts three very experienced players on the scum side. Who knows what plans they have for inserting dopps into the town base? I'll also note (despite chaoticjosh claiming his voting record irrelevant) that every vote he was in has been enough to push over a victory even without his enchanter vote. If I were a dopp, I'd feel reasonably comfortable pushing for my own people's lynch if I knew that there was an margin for error on the voting.

And, since I'm feeling analytical...

Day one you hopped around a bit on random votes, were agreed with by Alexhans and webadict (though not for suspicious things), and finally settled on chaoticjosh at Alexhans's suggestion, with very little explanation.

Day Two you accused chaoticjosh of a delayed OMGUS vote, and claimed he was scummy for voting for me. No other posts.

Certainly, voting for chaoticjosh. Not much pushing though.

And, though I'm sort of sorry about it, Nuke's analysis is quite persuasive: If we lynch you, we learn if chaoticjosh and nuke are dopps or not, and avoid a town loss. If we lynch frelock, we learn about the strength of chaoticjosh's hunches and lose if they are wrong. I'm going to vote A_Fey_Dwarf again.

What I would suggest, though, is putting up the people you have scanned the past three nights and your suspicions. That way, if you are town we can use them even after your death. We'll have to trust in our native scumhunting abilities, true, but that seems better than trusting our fate to chaoticjosh at the moment.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44