Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Game Over  (Read 65528 times)

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Day 4 dawns bright
« Reply #375 on: June 30, 2009, 01:25:06 am »

Huh, Pandarsenic was telling the truth. I honestly thought he was a dopp hunter claiming exterminator + bomb to keep himself alive after using the shield while he tried to find someone to grab and run with.

Also, hurray for my suspicions of Webadict proved correct. Always good to find out that scumhunting was working, even if it's only after they get themselves blown up by someone else.

I agree with AFD that I didn't suspect Alexhans at all. Excellent job hiding that, though apparently not well enough. For AFD, with the known dopps revealed...
Quote from: Day One
chaoticjosh: A_Fey_Dwarf, Alexhans, Twiggie
Frelock: TheToeBighter98
TheToeBighter98: Flintus10, Kashyyk, chaoticjosh, webadict
Twiggie: Org, Pandarsenic
Quote from: Day Two
chaoticjosh: A_Fey_Dwarf, R1ck, Pandarsenic
inaluct: chaoticjosh, Flintus10, webadict, Org (Beacon80)
R1ck: Nuke9.13, Cheeetar
webadict: Rysith
Quote from: Day Three
Cheeetar: chaoticjosh, Nuke9.13, Pandarsenic
R1ck: Cheeetar
webadict: Rysith

The questions this morning, then, is who killed Alexhans, and who did Pandarsenic try to kill? The knife indicates that Alexhans wasn't killed by Pandarsenic, and the dopps obviously wouldn't kill one of their own. I can't see any other killing roles that might have done it, so I'm confused.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 30, 2009, 02:51:38 am »

Just for reference, Meph, someone is impersonating me in the Dead Chat.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 30, 2009, 08:56:16 am »

My plan worked! I can't believe it! Hahaha!

Also, now that it's not a time when I'm tired, can you share what the plan was?
Try my orc mod!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 30, 2009, 03:36:31 pm »

Nah! Cause that ruins the plan!

In other news, Rysith. I've caught you in a lie the likes of which you cannot escape. You're the dopp warden, and must die!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 30, 2009, 03:49:13 pm »

Just for reference, Meph, someone is impersonating me in the Dead Chat.

Yeah. That's obnoxious, and I need people to stop doing stuff like that.

Ok, Groundrules for Dead Chat:

You must use your Bay12 handle from now on in Dead Chat. If you do anything else without clearing it with me first, you're going to be banned from future dead chats. If you keep abusing stuff, you'll get banned from future games.

Hopefully that won't be a problem, but I can't have people messing around like that in there. If you want to mess with people by saying false things or playing mind games, go ahead. But you have to do it as yourself. You don't get to use weird handles and you especially don't get to use someone else's handle.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 30, 2009, 04:13:07 pm »

Nah! Cause that ruins the plan!

In other news, Rysith. I've caught you in a lie the likes of which you cannot escape. You're the dopp warden, and must die!

Well, fine, don't tell me then  :P. I'm not the dopp warden, though.

I am, however, going to openly vote chaoticjosh and FOS A_Fey_Dwarf and NUKE9.13. ChaoticJosh for the sudden and unexplained shift from webadict (now known to be a dopp) to Cheeetar (not a townie, true, but not a dopp), A_Fey_Dwarf since for Josh to be a dopp AFD would have to have been lying, and NUKE9.13 for bandwagoning along with that shift without explanation. A stronger FOS at AFD than at Nuke, though, since Nuke could be innocent whereas AFD would have to be lying.

I had mentioned my suspicions of chaoticjosh to him earlier today in the hopes that he would be willing to explain his shift away from webadict privately, if not publicly, but then he goes and votes for me instead, which strikes me as scummy. I've never lied either publicly or privately, and indeed haven't said anything to chaoticjosh privately beyond claiming pro-town. Since the town only has lynches to kill with at this point, a doppleganger enchanter (which I'll admit hasn't actually been tested yet, but I suspect it based on the voting patterns) cannot be allowed to live.

Then I'm going to hope that other town players will come out and vote, since right now I strongly suspect that I'm being lynched. I'll roleclaim and explain my actions if it's really needed to avoid being lynched, but I'd really prefer not to.
Try my orc mod!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 30, 2009, 04:23:14 pm »

Good thing I'm the enchanter, and you didn't have the foresight to target me last night, so I have two votes to your one.

Hey Meph, I forgot, is it revealed if someone has a mindshield on death?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 30, 2009, 04:26:39 pm »

Hey Meph, I forgot, is it revealed if someone has a mindshield on death?

Yes, Mind Shield's should be revealed on death. Not sure if I always remember to, but they should be.

Speaking of which: Cheeetar had a Mind Shield. I don't think I mentioned that when he died.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 30, 2009, 05:20:22 pm »

Oh, hey! I figured out what happened last night! Everything didn't go precisely as planned, and I was wondering why, then it hit me! Frelock is a dopp too!

My thoughts may seem incoherent to the passerby, but trust me, I've got him nailed. Only one more, and the game is won.

I'm instituting mass roleclaim, everyone come out, I only need one more piece of evidence to get the last dopp.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 30, 2009, 05:54:20 pm »

Oh, hey! I figured out what happened last night! Everything didn't go precisely as planned, and I was wondering why, then it hit me! Frelock is a dopp too!

My thoughts may seem incoherent to the passerby, but trust me, I've got him nailed. Only one more, and the game is won.

I'm instituting mass roleclaim, everyone come out, I only need one more piece of evidence to get the last dopp.

The last time you asked us to trust you, we passed up a dopp for a survivor alien. Each night thus far you've lynched a townie or a neutral, never a dopp despite your suspicions.

You've also been joined by very few, if any, townies in your votes. With your vote for me, you're going for four non-dopp lynches. Either you've got an exclusive town base that somehow orchestrates massive night killings yet can't investigate enough to make sure they are going after dopps during the day, or you are a dopp yourself. Given the confidence with which you went after Cheeetar, me, and now Frelock, I'm strongly leaning towards you being a dopp.
Try my orc mod!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 30, 2009, 05:58:44 pm »

What you see as an argument I only see as futile struggling Rysith. I orchestrated the deaths of the survivor alien (a liability), the Exterminator, and two dopps in ONE DAY! That's a personal record, you should be congratulating me.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 30, 2009, 08:54:53 pm »

Well, considering that we're down to nine, it's probably time for me to start being active.

How, exactly, did you orchestrate such things?  You even said things didn't go as planned.  And what "evidence" do you have which incriminates me?  I also think it's a little early for a MC, with 9 people still alive.  We're also not in a lynch or lose situation.  I'd probably give us another day of keeping our power roles hidden from the dopps.

Let's take a look at your voting record, shall we josh?  You have voted in every lynch thus far.  Every single time, you have lynched a townie.  You have led several of these lynches, including your strange switch towards Cheetar and away from Webadict.  I should also like to note that webadict has voted with you 2 out of 3 times.  However, you do have one bright note, in that Alex voted for you on day one, and iirc, he was certainly pushing for your lynch pretty hard.

Another thing that has me suspicious is Fey's continued survival.  If he's a town telepath, why haven't the dopps killed him yet?  I'm kinda surprised that they went after Panda, who was probably a wild gun who would hit town and dopp alike.  I admit, I was suprised at Panda's role flip.  After yesterday's lynch, I thought he was a dopp who was claiming to have a deadman bomb in order to avoid being lynched (we couldn't afford to lose two people in a single lynch).  Evidently I was wrong, which has happened before on many occasions.  Hence why I rarely vote unless I'm certain.

One final question I have to ask you, Josh: what lie did you catch Rysith in?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 30, 2009, 09:09:56 pm »

An MC is totally appropriate. You, Rysith, and the last dopp haven't realize it yet, but you're in an unwinnable situation. There is not a single thing you can do that will allow you to salvage victory.

My voting record is irrelevent, and you know it.

To put Rysith's lie in a nutshell, he contacts me via PM saying 'he wants to help' because 'I have information not known to the public' and then claims Townie. Normal Townie. AFD, whom I had ordered to investigate Rysith the day before, tells me that Rysith's goal is to 'protect'. With the knowledge that the dopp bodyguard and protector are dead, the only role that could possibly be is a warden, and the only reason he'd lie so blatantly would be if he were a dopp. More specifically, a dopp warden.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 30, 2009, 09:17:19 pm »

To put Rysith's lie in a nutshell, he contacts me via PM saying 'he wants to help' because 'I have information not known to the public' and then claims Townie. Normal Townie. AFD, whom I had ordered to investigate Rysith the day before, tells me that Rysith's goal is to 'protect'. With the knowledge that the dopp bodyguard and protector are dead, the only role that could possibly be is a warden, and the only reason he'd lie so blatantly would be if he were a dopp. More specifically, a dopp warden.

That's not what I claimed. I claimed townie, but not a role that could prove itself non-dopp. In fact, the wording that I used ("though not in a role that can't be dopp and is provably me like AWV or something.") would point directly away from me being a normal townie, and towards me being a role that I didn't want to reveal. Which is still the case.
Try my orc mod!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 30, 2009, 09:57:46 pm »

But why would you dance around the issue like that? Why would you directly evade a question I've asked when you've stated that you wanted to help? Why would you contact me to help, then only seem like you wanted to infiltrate the town base?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44