Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Game Over  (Read 65592 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Day 2 starts with a BBQ
« Reply #225 on: June 19, 2009, 12:18:45 pm »

MOD: I Would like to enforce a new rule widely used in mafiascum about not being allowed to talk about other ongoing games

I think it's a good idea to keep things separate. So, yeah, let's keep speculation in this game centered on this game. If you want to clear someone for lurking based on the fact that they haven't posted on bay 12 at all, fine. Otherwise, let's leave people's posting habits out of it. Other games will encourage other behavior, and some people may post in other places but not get a chance to post here.
What about using information from past games (Such as the Org Tell)? Is that now off-limits?

Information from previous Paranormal Games is fine.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 19, 2009, 12:28:29 pm »

Since webadict specifically asked for my suspicions, and Alex seems to want us non-random-voters to vote, I'll go with what I've got here.  Chaoticjosh currently holds most of my suspicions, and most of the people here would agree that he has been somewhat scummy (he even admits it himself).  After him, my suspicions also lie on Nuke and Alexhans, for their ALL LOW-POSTERS MUST DIE policy.  Though we might catch one or perhaps even two, perhaps it would be wiser to lynch people who are more likely to be scum due to scummy posts?  Of course, it is annoying when people don't talk, especially towards the end, but too much talk and suddenly I'm have a really hard time spotting suspicious stuff.

As to why I didn't vote yesterday, I'm still not in favor of a day 1 lynch.  You guys are so gung-ho on it, however, that it makes me look bad to vote no lynch.  What information, precisely, did we gain from this?  TheToe was an AWV...alright.  So we lost a power role.  Flintus10, Kashyyk, chaoticjosh, webadict voted for him.  Who does this implicate?  They could all be town voting randomly, or they could be town with reasonable suspicions (which they try to seem like), or they could be dopps who are bandwagoning/randomly voting for a non-dopp, and attempting to seem like townies with suspicions.  I don't know which one it is, perhaps someone could enlighten me?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 19, 2009, 12:37:14 pm »

Since webadict specifically asked for my suspicions, and Alex seems to want us non-random-voters to vote, I'll go with what I've got here.  Chaoticjosh currently holds most of my suspicions, and most of the people here would agree that he has been somewhat scummy (he even admits it himself).  After him, my suspicions also lie on Nuke and Alexhans, for their ALL LOW-POSTERS MUST DIE policy.  Though we might catch one or perhaps even two, perhaps it would be wiser to lynch people who are more likely to be scum due to scummy posts?  Of course, it is annoying when people don't talk, especially towards the end, but too much talk and suddenly I'm have a really hard time spotting suspicious stuff.

As to why I didn't vote yesterday, I'm still not in favor of a day 1 lynch.  You guys are so gung-ho on it, however, that it makes me look bad to vote no lynch.  What information, precisely, did we gain from this?  TheToe was an AWV...alright.  So we lost a power role.  Flintus10, Kashyyk, chaoticjosh, webadict voted for him.  Who does this implicate?  They could all be town voting randomly, or they could be town with reasonable suspicions (which they try to seem like), or they could be dopps who are bandwagoning/randomly voting for a non-dopp, and attempting to seem like townies with suspicions.  I don't know which one it is, perhaps someone could enlighten me?
Tch. It's not about just the lynched, it's about all votes.
For example, I am suspicious because I pushed for the lynch of someone who turned out to be a loyal townie. The fact that they didn't get lynched is irrelevant. I also voted briefly for thetoe, as well as webdict. This provides information on me. Who I seem to protect (dopp buddies/ operative?). Whether I care who dies or not.
TheToe's lynching is maybe a tenth of the information gathered that day.
Long Live United Forenia!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 19, 2009, 12:54:58 pm »

Even less, I might argue. It's not very much about who gets taken out - we try to find a Dopp but we've little expectation of finding one... with the lynch itself. It's about seeing who guards who, who voted, how they voted, when they voted, what they said, whom their suspicions fall upon....

There's a wealth of information in Day 1 and I'm going to have to FoS Frelock for acting like TheToeBighter's role is the only thing we should've gotten from it, though my vote remains on Chaoticjosh.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #229 on: June 19, 2009, 01:04:13 pm »

WEb... voting to avoid a tie is not wrong... but if Josh is a dopp it makes you look pretty bad.  Why thetoe over josh?
Quote from: Web
What about using information from past games (Such as the Org Tell)? Is that now off-limits?
I said ONGOING games... a game that has ended can't be affected.

Nuke... :roll: random votes are for DAY 1... when you have nothing to go on with...

Now you have.

Quote from: Frelock
Though we might catch one or perhaps even two, perhaps it would be wiser to lynch people who are more likely to be scum due to scummy posts?
ARGH!!!! How will you make scummy posts if you NEVER POST!?

Frelock... your post was PURE Fluff...

Are you seriously trying to argue mafia strategy instead of actually scumhunting?

MOD:  COuld we PLEAAAAASE have a votecount?  PLEAAAAASE

“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 19, 2009, 01:06:40 pm »

The Whiteboard

A_Fey_Dwarf: chaoticjosh
chaoticjosh: A_Fey_Dwarf, Pandarsenic, Rysith
inaluct: webadict
R1ck: NUKE9.13
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 19, 2009, 01:13:46 pm »

Alright, I'll unvote then to avoid metagaming, and not do so in the future. That and go back to watching people argue so that I can try to find someone suspicious enough to vote for them.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 19, 2009, 01:14:59 pm »

Even less, I might argue. It's not very much about who gets taken out - we try to find a Dopp but we've little expectation of finding one... with the lynch itself. It's about seeing who guards who, who voted, how they voted, when they voted, what they said, whom their suspicions fall upon....

There's a wealth of information in Day 1 and I'm going to have to FoS Frelock for acting like TheToeBighter's role is the only thing we should've gotten from it, though my vote remains on Chaoticjosh.
I disagree. I believe some of this has to do with his alignment, rather than his actual role.

WEb... voting to avoid a tie is not wrong... but if Josh is a dopp it makes you look pretty bad.  Why thetoe over josh?
I seemed to already explain my actions in my previous post (As well as my tie-breaker post). I simply felt that chaoticjosh would better contribute to our conversation than would Toe. If he turns out to be a Doppelganger, then feel free to be suspicious of me, but I highly doubt he is.

Alright, I'll unvote then to avoid metagaming, and not do so in the future. That and go back to watching people argue so that I can try to find someone suspicious enough to vote for them.
You can help find people by pushing people into the argument, as well. Don't just sit back.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 19, 2009, 01:16:15 pm »

Quote from: Web
I said ONGOING games... a game that has ended can't be affected.

Nuke... :roll: random votes are for DAY 1... when you have nothing to go on with...

Now you have.

Quote from: Frelock
Though we might catch one or perhaps even two, perhaps it would be wiser to lynch people who are more likely to be scum due to scummy posts?
ARGH!!!! How will you make scummy posts if you NEVER POST!?

Frelock... your post was PURE Fluff...

Are you seriously trying to argue mafia strategy instead of actually scumhunting?

MOD:  COuld we PLEAAAAASE have a votecount?  PLEAAAAASE

Also, Frelock failed to actually vote.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 19, 2009, 01:16:44 pm »

You can help find people by pushing people into the argument, as well. Don't just sit back.

what about my accusation against you a few posts back accusing you of passivity, which you seem to have conveniently ignored?
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 19, 2009, 01:32:00 pm »

Yes, Panda, I failed to vote, because I rarely vote unless I'm reasonably sure on something.  I'm not at the moment.  You asked for suspicions, I gave you suspicions.  Just because I'm suspicious of somebody doesn't mean I'm sure about it.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 19, 2009, 01:38:27 pm »

Well, I'm sort of suspicious of Chaoticjosh for the same reasons more people have already elaborated, but I'm also suspicious of webadict for still trying to push me to get lynched in favor of people like josh, who have actually been notably suspicious. Being involved with The Toe's lynch doesn't help.

Also,
Unvote, vote Frelock. Reason? I'm trying to prevent my own death here.
Ok... Fos TheToe

You're not playing... You're not helping... You're acting scummy voting for totally irrational ideas...

Care to comment on the game?

mmm... TheToe has just been added to my lynching list...
Voting to save yourself is a legitimate strategy. Pinky FoS Alexhans. If it were someone else, it would be a full FoS, but that doesn't seem too out of the ordinary for Alexhans.

Also, Frelock is always passive like that.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 19, 2009, 01:41:20 pm »

I'm going to give into the pressure to vote, and vote for Chaoticjosh. My reason is because of his voting patterns on day 1. As soon as he saw the Twiggie bandwagon starting to form, he jumped on and voted right after nuke voted for twiggie, and he also urged other people to vote for twiggie. Later, when he saw that the twiggie bandwagon was dying off, he voted for nuke, who TheToeBighter had already voted for, probably in an attempt to dispose of a strong scumhunter early in the game. After he saw that nobody else was going to vote for nuke, he switched to voting for toebighter, who was then lynched.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #238 on: June 19, 2009, 02:01:59 pm »

Quote from: inaluct
Well, I'm sort of suspicious of Chaoticjosh for the same reasons more people have already elaborated, but I'm also suspicious of webadict for still trying to push me to get lynched in favor of people like josh, who have actually been notably suspicious. Being involved with The Toe's lynch doesn't help.

Voting to save yourself is a legitimate strategy. Pinky FoS Alexhans. If it were someone else, it would be a full FoS, but that doesn't seem too out of the ordinary for Alexhans.
DUDE!  You're WORST than thetoe....

All hail Inaluct... the OMGUS man... he is only suspicious of whoever votes for him... :roll:

Why do you FoS me for?  I don't really get it. How is it related to the part where you quoted me?
Quote from: inaluct
Also, Frelock is always passive like that.
So we have to excuse lurking?  Sorry sir... I won't. 
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 19, 2009, 02:24:30 pm »

You suspected him because he voted to try and prevent his lynch. That's a legitimate tactic, and not a scumtell. Suspecting someone because of it is weird.

I sort of expect freaking out on your part, though, so it's only a small FoS.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44