Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 44

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Game Over  (Read 65538 times)

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Doppelgangers in New Orleans
« Reply #165 on: June 17, 2009, 05:03:54 pm »

Quote from: pandar
How do we know you aren't trying to shield your Doppelganger ally, Twiggie?
How do we know you're not saying stupidities?  Oh... We DO... Read your own post...
So you think the dopp team is me, Nuke and twiggie?  Or are you just omgusing me mildly?

How do we know you aren't trying to shield your Doppelganger ally, Twiggie?
Pandar... excuse me but you're throwing a big amount of BS out there.
Quote from: A_Fey_Dward
I feel this bandwagon has happened much too quickly
QFT

We all agree that Twiggie is sucking with his responses right now... but when he was a dopp in the last game I was the only one going for him and in this game everyone seem eager to jump on him... why the difference?

regarding the win-win thing... it's BS to sell.  We always gain info from a lynch... but that doesn't make it a "win" situation...

Ok... thetoe keeps ignoring the conversation... I don't like that...

Nuke: mafia is not about lynching VI to teach them lessons but about lynching scum and avoiding mislynchs...

It's true that calling for an investigation sucks and is anti-town... but... you seem to be laying your lynch on Nuke for tomorrow... It def looks scumy.
What I suggest is that only the telepath (if there is one), target Nuke tonight if/when Twiggie role flips town base. The telepath will still receive killer if Nuke is Dopp leader.
DONT direct Power roles... What if nuke is a Scientist with a security system?
Quote from: Pandar
You're kind of in a no-win situation with me, Nuke, I'm going to be honest. If he flips Dopp, I'm likely to think you bussed him; if he flips town, I'm pretty sure you're a Dopp leader.
The SAME logic applies to you Pandar... You're bussing Twiggie and will try to mislynch Nuke tomorrow or are trying to chain 2 mislynches.
Oh... and you played pretty reckless in that game...

ok, since people asked me to roleclaim, im a protector
WTF??? You SAID earlier you WERENT PROTECTOR!!!
frelock... lurk and stay alive? ok... you keep doing that and I will make sure you're lynched tomorrow.  LURKING IS ANTI-TOWN...
Dying as town is not as bad as not contributing!  Get... it... in... your... head!

bodyguard now? mmm.... 1 hour 35 minutes to realize your claim was wrong? ...

Nuke? Seriously?  You trust a claim, no, other claim so fast?

Kashyyk... you just want no lynch?  You realize that doesn't give us any info?
Way to be easily swayed guys, he shouts bodyguard, and everyone backs down. He could just as easily be a dopp and a bodyguard, or he could be receiving advice from his dopp buddies on the right roleclaim, or more likely he could be an exterminator with the "intel" item, so he knows that there's no townie bodyguard to reveal his lie.
Ok... I actually agree with Josh here... People unvoted too fast... As if they were happy dopps with a claim...
Hmmm, with that info, I'll make a bet on this one and unvote. Bodyguard is pretty common (I think the bodyguard has been in every paranormal since it was implemented) and the chance of Twiggie telling the truth is pretty high.

When is the day ending?
Have you ever seen 2 town bodyguards in a paranormal?  or usually 1 and 1?
While Josh may have a point with his vote... I'd rather see him, Pandar or twiggie lynched...
After all... bodyguard is not such a useful role...
But I definetly prefer Josh... Notice the posting pattern... he comes at key times to influence the game some way while avoiding to post much so he is not under scrutiny.  Usual Lurker Josh.  You don't see him coming and he kills you as scum.
Quote from: Nuke
And would you not find me all the more suspicious if I said; 'Ok but I'm still voting you' after twiggie roleclaimed?
So you're afraid of looking suspicious?  You unvoted just for that?
As that is the second vote for me and I admit I seem suspicious for my extreme suspicion of twiggie (who probably is a townie), let me say this: Am not vanilla townie. Will roleclaim to avoid lynch.
Hell!  How is this pro-town? if you are, actually town... you're just screwing our chances... if you claim a good pr doc will have to protect you... if you claim a bad pr... you will narrow down the lynching pool of good killing choices for scum... Not cool.
I assume twiggie is telling the truth for the reason that scum, in general, do not make fake role claims until the endgame. They risk getting lynched regardless if there is a copy of their role-
*sigh*... there are Dopp Bodyguards too...
On third thoughts, no. Why do bodyguard when you can choose protector instead? He just clarified from protector to bodyguard- not something he'd do if seeking a nice juicy power role.
Dude... if he had claimed protector I would be advocating his lynch right now... He said earlier he definetly WASNT the doc.  So that would be lying.
Unvote, vote Frelock. Reason? I'm trying to prevent my own death here.
Ok... Fos TheToe

You're not playing... You're not helping... You're acting scummy voting for totally irrational ideas...

Care to comment on the game?

mmm... TheToe has just been added to my lynching list...
Choose:  Josh, Twiggie, Pandar, TheToe...

Im going with Josh but I CAN change.

“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 17, 2009, 05:21:54 pm »

What I suggest is that only the telepath (if there is one), target Nuke tonight if/when Twiggie role flips town base. The telepath will still receive killer if Nuke is Dopp leader.

Yes, but the telepath stays in his home. He can not possibly be detected by security systems or anything of the sort. He is completely safe. Though he can be blocked by mind shields and may be mislead by the war vet role, the telepath will still not be identified.

Also, I'm amazed at how quickly the bandwagon on twiggie disappeared. This just further convinces me that dopplegangers were involved in it.
FOS: Panda, Josh, Inaluct, Org and Nuke My vote will stay on Mr.Person until anyone else in my suspicion list acts more suspicious then him.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #167 on: June 17, 2009, 05:24:39 pm »

Yes, but the telepath stays in his home. He can not possibly be detected by security systems or anything of the sort. He is completely safe. Though he can be blocked by mind shields and may be mislead by the war vet role, the telepath will still not be identified.

Also, I'm amazed at how quickly the bandwagon on twiggie disappeared. This just further convinces me that dopplegangers were involved in it.
FOS: Panda, Josh, Inaluct, Org and Nuke My vote will stay on Mr.Person until anyone else in my suspicion list acts more suspicious then him.
OH!  You're totally right! heh!  I was telepath last game and totally forgot :P

telepath is SO cool.

I agree with your reasoning that there MUST be scum in twiggie's waggon... Once they know his role... or got him to claim something... they quickly leave him and try to waggon someone else with little time...

I STILL prefer Josh... would you not consider voting Josh?

What about you twiggie?

What about everyone?
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 17, 2009, 05:34:41 pm »

Your, right. unvote, Vote chaoticjosh. Josh is just as suspicious as Mr.Person, and if we want to get scum lynched then we have to vote the same way.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 17, 2009, 05:46:36 pm »

I decided to unvote Twiggie because he started participating in the discussions. The roleclaim had no influence in that decision. Once he started arguing with CJ, I was going to unvote him. The roleclaim only nailed it home for me.

I'm more suspicious of the lurkers we still have hanging around here.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 17, 2009, 05:47:52 pm »

i suspect chaoticjosh, nuke and inaluct, in order of suspicion.

and yes, it took me until somebody posted about it to realise that i made a mistake. and yes, i was kinda surprised when everyone jumped off me so quick...

i think ill definately protect nuke. that sounds like a good idea.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 17, 2009, 05:50:03 pm »

I don't get your arguments Alex, you get angry at me when I'm not playing, and then you get angry at me when I do. It seems you have some weird, poorly formed vendetta against me for some reason.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 17, 2009, 05:52:51 pm »

I'd like to unvote then vote Thetoebighter.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 17, 2009, 05:56:20 pm »

The Whiteboard

chaoticjosh: A_Fey_Dwarf, Alexhans, Twiggie
Frelock: TheToeBighter98, webadict
TheToeBighter98: Flintus10, Kashyyk, chaoticjosh
Twiggie: Org, Pandarsenic

Last update before I tally things. You have one hour to update your votes, folks.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 06:06:16 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 17, 2009, 05:59:45 pm »

hey WA, come out! its been like a whole two pages or something since you posted and im starting to suspect you!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 17, 2009, 06:05:33 pm »

No one unvote! No one more vote! This can decide who is an enchanter or whatever.

Someone unvote Josh

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 17, 2009, 06:17:47 pm »

No one unvote! No one more vote! This can decide who is an enchanter or whatever.

Someone unvote Josh

Why would you want someone to unvote josh?  If you're goal is to narrow down who the enchanter is, wouldn't it be better to leave it as a tie, and then see if someone is lynched?  We definitely have more than 3 camps, and not nearly half the players are in those two camps (in fact, barely half the players have voted).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 17, 2009, 06:19:31 pm »

orgs the enchanter! he didnt realise it was a 3-3 tie, he thought it was 3-2-2-2. hes trying to kill me! [/paranoia]

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 17, 2009, 06:31:22 pm »

Someone unvote Josh

Why would you want someone to unvote josh?  If you're goal is to narrow down who the enchanter is, wouldn't it be better to leave it as a tie, and then see if someone is lynched?  We definitely have more than 3 camps, and not nearly half the players are in those two camps (in fact, barely half the players have voted).
That is true. But if someone unvotes josh, and there was no enchanter, then its safer.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 17, 2009, 06:33:17 pm »

hey WA, come out! its been like a whole two pages or something since you posted and im starting to suspect you!
Dude, I've been working all week. But, thanks for showing me someone cares about me. I was beginning to suspect everyone had lost their respect for me. :P

Anyhow... I can't let a tie happen. And, honestly, I feel chaoticjosh is better to keep around, only because he is more experienced.

I don't get your arguments Alex, you get angry at me when I'm not playing, and then you get angry at me when I do. It seems you have some weird, poorly formed vendetta against me for some reason.
I think he needs a chill pill. Just a little bit. Plus, he's not being suspicious enough toward me. Anyhow, I'll !vote Alexhan Just kidding.

Someone unvote Josh
Wouldn't this cause a tie we wouldn't want? As much as I hate lynching people and finding them town, I hate no lynches even more (Despite some fairly logical conclusions about the win percentile in the game for no lynches and blah dee blah crap.) Therefore, I will unvote and hammer TheToeBighter98, if only because I'm likely to die anyhow.

One should not fear death, ToeBighter. Merely be ready for it.

Who has yet to vote?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 44