Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Game Over  (Read 65547 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Doppelgangers in New Orleans
« Reply #150 on: June 17, 2009, 10:40:59 am »

This isn't much, but I don't remember Frelock or Rysith posting at all.
Rysith posted once. I don't believe Frelock has posted at all. Quite odd, given the time he could've voted or even posted.

It's true, I've had plenty of time to post, but you know my playing style: lurk and stay alive.  It's how I survived in all the paranormal mafia's before this.  If there's some clear logic as to why someone is a dopp, then I'll go for them, and support my reasoning, but thus far I haven't had any "wow, now that's evidence," moments, or any "hmm, I bet no-one's thought of this" moments for that manner.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 17, 2009, 11:25:41 am »

Wow, a lot has happened since I was last active. Don't know how to interpret this.
IMO, Twiggie isn't scum, he is just unpracticed at mafia. I feel this bandwagon has happened much too quickly, and is likely fueled by scum votes. I'm going to cast my suspicion on Mr.Person, and vote for him as well. The reason for this is he was the fourth to join the bandwagon without saying much other than this:
Nuke has been pushing Twiggie really hard. Wouldn't shock me if he would up being scum in the end. Still, I vote Twiggie off since either way is win-win for town.
A win-win for who exactly? Because it is definitely a win-win for the dopplegangers if both Nuke  and Twiggie are pro town. Because then you get to kill one pro town role and cast major suspicion on another.

Therefore, unvote, vote for Mr.Person.

My assumption was that one of them was scum. Nuke's been pushing Twiggie's death very hard. I just can't figure out why. Is he scum? Is he a scum-hunter? I don't know, but he is a vet, so he's seen mafias before. He's seen scumtell before, and he feels strongly about this one. I wanted to give him a shot. If he is a scum-hunter, he should be a good one.

Of course, then Twiggie goes and claims protector. That's a dangerous roleclaim, Twiggie. Roleclaimed protectors don't live long in mafia games. Of course, it's a dumb roleclaim if you're scum. It can be proven wrong easily via true roleclaims. So I trust Twiggie now to be the town's protector. I'll unvote.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 17, 2009, 11:35:08 am »

dammit, sorry, i meant bodyguard

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2009, 12:08:50 pm »

unvote
Sorry, Twiggie. I honestly thought you were a bad (as in bad at mafia) scum. Try re-reading everything you've said and seeing what looks suspicious. Unhelpful things, spiteful things, lurky stupid things- these are things to avoid, as they are unhelpful to town they appear scummy.
I re-read all my posts for such things regardless of alignment (apparently not well enough)- because remember, just because you are town doesn't mean you can't be suspicious.
You did the right thing role claiming- we can't lose protectors.

Anywho...
This isn't much, but I don't remember Frelock or Rysith posting at all.
Rysith posted once. I don't believe Frelock has posted at all. Quite odd, given the time he could've voted or even posted.

It's true, I've had plenty of time to post, but you know my playing style: lurk and stay alive.  It's how I survived in all the paranormal mafia's before this.  If there's some clear logic as to why someone is a dopp, then I'll go for them, and support my reasoning, but thus far I haven't had any "wow, now that's evidence," moments, or any "hmm, I bet no-one's thought of this" moments for that manner.
So, you are aware that lurking is a frowned upon, understand all the reasons against it, but thought, right, but that doesn't apply to me- I'm paying attention, and will appear from nowhere to vote.
No, dude.
Lurking=wrong
Just come out, say anything useful, and then you'll have plenty to say- people will challenge your opinion, ask you to explain it, or whatever, you reply, and voila, you are no longer lurking.

also, i would like to alert people of my suspicions of chaoticjosh. firstly, hes only made 2 or 3 posts.
Additionally, he seems to have jumped on me with very little reason.
huh. i was just thinking, twould be an even nicer way for a dopp CS to find the doc...

Hmmn. Well, chaotic has a point (in a way)- experienced players are targeted more by roles of all kinds. But yeah, it is a little suspicious. I can cofirm that requesting powerroles to interact with you does not mean someone is a dopp per see, but if he was the dopp scientist, it would be a good way to find the protector. Perhaps you could protect him- after all, we already know your identity.
Long Live United Forenia!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 17, 2009, 01:55:02 pm »

The Whiteboard

chaoticjosh: Alexhans
Frelock: webadict
inaluct: Twiggie
Mr.Person: A_Fey_Dwarf
Nuke9.13: TheToeBighter98
TheToeBighter98: Flintus10, Kashyyk
Twiggie: chaoticjosh, inaluct, Org, Pandarsenic

Reminder, Day 1 ends at ~5pm Pacific time Today

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 17, 2009, 01:57:16 pm »

I'd rather not have Twiggie lynched guys so if anyone would care to not vote Twiggie?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 17, 2009, 02:03:48 pm »

Eh, I'll give him a chance. Unvote.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 17, 2009, 02:22:21 pm »

Way to be easily swayed guys, he shouts bodyguard, and everyone backs down. He could just as easily be a dopp and a bodyguard, or he could be receiving advice from his dopp buddies on the right roleclaim, or more likely he could be an exterminator with the "intel" item, so he knows that there's no townie bodyguard to reveal his lie.

Before I do anything, I have a question Meph, does the "intel" item show the roles that dopps have? Like, if there's a human telepath and a dopp telepath, does his intel say "There's a dopp telepath and a human telepath"?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 17, 2009, 02:28:21 pm »

Before I do anything, I have a question Meph, does the "intel" item show the roles that dopps have? Like, if there's a human telepath and a dopp telepath, does his intel say "There's a dopp telepath and a human telepath"?

Sort of. Intel will show a list of all Roles in the game. Townsfolk, normal & Leader Doppelgangers, and Survivor aliens will all show up as 'No Role'. So they'd get a list that shows some number of No Roles, and 1-2 of any Role that is in the game.

If there are dups, like two Telepaths, Telepath will show up twice.

Make sense?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 17, 2009, 02:34:23 pm »

Hmmm, with that info, I'll make a bet on this one and unvote. Bodyguard is pretty common (I think the bodyguard has been in every paranormal since it was implemented) and the chance of Twiggie telling the truth is pretty high.

When is the day ending?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 17, 2009, 02:40:53 pm »

Reminder, Day 1 ends at ~5pm Pacific time Today

You know...I post that in orange for a reason...
Come play Mafia with us!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 17, 2009, 02:51:49 pm »

Alright, then Vote Nuke.

Why? Because he implicitly trusted that Twiggie was telling the truth, and was one of the first to hop off him. Why would he go from "SCUM! SCUM!" to "Sorry man! I didn't know! Don't blame me!" so quickly, if he wasn't scum himself? How would he know that he was telling the truth?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 17, 2009, 03:04:50 pm »

Hmm. Good point. NUKE could be sort-of-bussing Twiggie by pretending to suspect him but not actually trying to have him lynched.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 17, 2009, 03:45:09 pm »

Alright, then Vote Nuke.

Why? Because he implicitly trusted that Twiggie was telling the truth, and was one of the first to hop off him. Why would he go from "SCUM! SCUM!" to "Sorry man! I didn't know! Don't blame me!" so quickly, if he wasn't scum himself? How would he know that he was telling the truth?
(FYI Mr Person was first off, but it matters not)
The idea of an exterminator with intel did not occur to me.
And would you not find me all the more suspicious if I said; 'Ok but I'm still voting you' after twiggie roleclaimed?
As that is the second vote for me and I admit I seem suspicious for my extreme suspicion of twiggie (who probably is a townie), let me say this: Am not vanilla townie. Will roleclaim to avoid lynch.
I assume twiggie is telling the truth for the reason that scum, in general, do not make fake role claims until the endgame. They risk getting lynched regardless if there is a copy of their role-
Wait.
Fudge.
It is totally worth it. They win knowledge of the real bodyguard, losing something they lost already.
On third thoughts, no. Why do bodyguard when you can choose protector instead? He just clarified from protector to bodyguard- not something he'd do if seeking a nice juicy power role.

Long Live United Forenia!

TheToeBighter98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 17, 2009, 04:28:44 pm »

Unvote, vote Frelock. Reason? I'm trying to prevent my own death here.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44