Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Game Over  (Read 65498 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Doppelgangers in New Orleans
« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2009, 12:10:02 am »

That reminds me. Meph, you said we have 5 Doppelgangers and up to 5 aliens. For the Doppelganger win condition to trigger, do they need to only outnumber townies or do they need to outnumber townies+aliens?

To win the dopps must equal or outnumber all town + any Non-Survivor Aliens, and there cannot be an Exterminator in play.
Actually, with the Dopps outnumbering the Town + all aliens regardless of Exterminatorness, the Dopps can still win by voing for people one at a time and killing at night, as opposed to the Exterminator, who can only kill at night. Therefore, at a higher number of Dopps, the Dopps automatically win. So, it'd be pointless to bother. Now if there were a AWV and Exterminator...

A_Fey_Dwarf, I believe, is right. Twiggie seems very newbish (VERY). I highly doubt him to be a Doppelganger.

However, you forget that Mr.Person was not the only one to say such things. I forget who and I'm too tired to bother to look (inaluct?), but someone also said win-win. It's not quite so wrong in its reasoning (But, we can only use the data before the point where this was said, as after that, the data is biased.)

Therefore, we can glean some things from this, or we could probably go with not lynching Twiggie. I'm still set on inaluct, but I'm not at all positive it's him.

I'd like a post count. I'd do it myself, but I'm really tired and work tomorrow. So meh. I'll think some more tomorrow. Good night.

TheToeBighter98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2009, 12:44:22 am »

When have I not ever been strange? SENSITIVE.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2009, 01:05:05 am »

Twiggie, if you are town: It may seem obvious to you that you are town, because YOU know, but we don't. We have no way of knowing, except if we check you. However, since we have a limited amount of time, some lynches have to be made based on how suspicious a person seems. You seem suspicious because you are acting rather confused, but you should not be confused having had played a mafia game before. Thus, people think you are acting confused as an excuse to play badly and not benefit the town very much.
I don't think you can save yourself now, but next game you could try not being/acting so confused.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2009, 01:32:34 am »

well, be sure to ALL VOTE NUKE when it turns out im not a dopp

how is it win-win? i dont even have a killing role. for all you know you could be losing the doctor. which im not, i woulda claimed earlier(OR WOULD I?), but im not a killer and im not vanilla so the way i see it its kinda a loss...

no doubt you will somehow rationalise it though...
More people saying I'll be suspicious if Twiggie flips town
Right.
Because my motives are not rationalised in any way. Come on! Twiggie has made with the suspicious behaviour the whole game! If he flips town, then he has learnt an important lesson: Don't act so suspicious! Understand what you are playing, think about what people say and then respond to it with a sensible reply! I remember my first mafia game. I sucked! (I got the cop lynched) But I think I brought my game up to a reasonable level quickly enough. It's just a matter of trying.
I am a good and noble honest orleaner. I would feel bad if Twiggie turns up town, but if he does, then please, do not lynch me blindly. If he turns up town, check me (if you have no one better to check (Which, seeing as I would be suspicious, might be hard)- Then we can have a town base, huzzah!
Long Live United Forenia!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2009, 02:19:08 am »

That reminds me. Meph, you said we have 5 Doppelgangers and up to 5 aliens. For the Doppelganger win condition to trigger, do they need to only outnumber townies or do they need to outnumber townies+aliens?

To win the dopps must equal or outnumber all town + any Non-Survivor Aliens, and there cannot be an Exterminator in play.
Actually, with the Dopps outnumbering the Town + all aliens regardless of Exterminatorness, the Dopps can still win by voing for people one at a time and killing at night, as opposed to the Exterminator, who can only kill at night. Therefore, at a higher number of Dopps, the Dopps automatically win. So, it'd be pointless to bother. Now if there were a AWV and Exterminator...
Actually, if the Exterminator is last targeted and he faces 2 Dopps alone, he can win... if he has a Deadman Bomb.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2009, 02:20:47 am »

well, be sure to ALL VOTE NUKE when it turns out im not a dopp

how is it win-win? i dont even have a killing role. for all you know you could be losing the doctor. which im not, i woulda claimed earlier(OR WOULD I?), but im not a killer and im not vanilla so the way i see it its kinda a loss...

no doubt you will somehow rationalise it though...
More people saying I'll be suspicious if Twiggie flips town
Right.
Because my motives are not rationalised in any way. Come on! Twiggie has made with the suspicious behaviour the whole game! If he flips town, then he has learnt an important lesson: Don't act so suspicious! Understand what you are playing, think about what people say and then respond to it with a sensible reply! I remember my first mafia game. I sucked! (I got the cop lynched) But I think I brought my game up to a reasonable level quickly enough. It's just a matter of trying.
I am a good and noble honest orleaner. I would feel bad if Twiggie turns up town, but if he does, then please, do not lynch me blindly. If he turns up town, check me (if you have no one better to check (Which, seeing as I would be suspicious, might be hard)- Then we can have a town base, huzzah!
Also, guys, I think we found a Dopp Leader.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 17, 2009, 02:36:56 am »

What I suggest is that only the telepath (if there is one), target Nuke tonight if/when Twiggie role flips town base. The telepath will still receive killer if Nuke is Dopp leader.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 17, 2009, 05:17:50 am »

This isn't much, but I don't remember Frelock or Rysith posting at all.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 17, 2009, 05:31:45 am »

What I suggest is that only the telepath (if there is one), target Nuke tonight if/when Twiggie role flips town base. The telepath will still receive killer if Nuke is Dopp leader.
Not if I'm a power role dopp!
But yeah, it is tricky.
I think Twiggie will flip dopp though, so it shouldn't be an issue.
Bla bla bla if twiggie flips town plz check me if possible
This I find mildly suspicious. You assume twiggie will flip town, almost as if you know who's town and who's not...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 17, 2009, 06:21:52 am »

Not if I'm a power role dopp!
But yeah, it is tricky.
I think Twiggie will flip dopp though, so it shouldn't be an issue.
Bla bla bla if twiggie flips town plz check me if possible
This I find mildly suspicious. You assume twiggie will flip town, almost as if you know who's town and who's not...
You're kind of in a no-win situation with me, Nuke, I'm going to be honest. If he flips Dopp, I'm likely to think you bussed him; if he flips town, I'm pretty sure you're a Dopp leader.

Such a flimsy counteraccusation is also scummy; I don't know how he'll flip, but the fact that you want to be checked makes me suspicious - it's the mistake I made when I was the Dopp Leader.

Indeed, if YOU knew he would flip town and were Dopp leader, that would be an ideal request to make.

So, until you stop acting like scum, I'll think you are. We'll see when Twiggie flips, though.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 17, 2009, 08:31:50 am »

This isn't much, but I don't remember Frelock or Rysith posting at all.
Rysith posted once. I don't believe Frelock has posted at all. Quite odd, given the time he could've voted or even posted.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 17, 2009, 08:51:15 am »

You're kind of in a no-win situation with me, Nuke, I'm going to be honest. If he flips Dopp, I'm likely to think you bussed him; if he flips town, I'm pretty sure you're a Dopp leader.
Such a flimsy counteraccusation is also scummy; I don't know how he'll flip, but the fact that you want to be checked makes me suspicious - it's the mistake I made when I was the Dopp Leader.
Indeed, if YOU knew he would flip town and were Dopp leader, that would be an ideal request to make.
So, until you stop acting like scum, I'll think you are. We'll see when Twiggie flips, though.
I bussed him? Man, that is crazy. If I wanted to bus him I would not be so blatant about it; keep him alive one day, then kill him the next. Not this lynching on the first day stuff.
I am sorry that you find my actions suspicious. Maybe if my name was webadict I could get away with it?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 17, 2009, 08:58:45 am »

I bussed him? Man, that is crazy. If I wanted to bus him I would not be so blatant about it; keep him alive one day, then kill him the next. Not this lynching on the first day stuff.
I am sorry that you find my actions suspicious. Maybe if my name was webadict I could get away with it?
lol

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 17, 2009, 09:41:20 am »

Actually, if the Exterminator is last targeted and he faces 2 Dopps alone, he can win... if he has a Deadman Bomb.

Hehe. Yeah. Actually, there are tons of little things that can mess stuff up. Assassination Bots, AWV, Warlock, Dopp Hunter...

Ok, so the real rule is - Dopps win when there becomes no way for anyone else to stop them.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 17, 2009, 10:07:48 am »

ok, since people asked me to roleclaim, im a protector

also, i would like to alert people of my suspicions of chaoticjosh. firstly, hes only made 2 or 3 posts.
Additionally, he seems to have jumped on me with very little reason.

Yeah, where IS Alex? Seems awfully odd... suspiciously odd.

I'm gonna have to agree with Nuke here, and if we're gonna lynch someone day 1 it might as well be Twiggie..

I've been thinking, Org's smart enough to recognize his tell now that WA pointed it out, and so the "old" way of finding out won't work anymore and is thus obsolete. So I say he's still a suspect.

Quote from: Josh
Town protector, PLEASE protect me. I was the very first person killed in both Paranormal 4 AND 5. While everything turned out for the best in 5, I don't want this trend to continue.
OK... WHAT .... THE .... FUCK ... MAN! 
You're trying to direct the doc your way?  IF this is a town gambyt it doesn't seem to thought of... What if you're a Crazy Scientist with the ability to see who went to your house?  Nice way of finding the doc...
Fos Josh

huh. i was just thinking, twould be an even nicer way for a dopp CS to find the doc...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44