Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Game Over  (Read 65403 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Day 7
« Reply #570 on: July 16, 2009, 01:26:33 pm »

Well, as things are going you're looking to lynch one or two people today. So that'll end things no matter what.

If you don't lynch someone today...eventually I'll have to force the dopp to go hunting. They do have an uncontrollable bloodlust, after all. Probably after they've skipped hunting two nights in a row.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 16, 2009, 01:29:59 pm »

This is easy umiman.  We will both not vote!  I say that I will no lynch.  And some dead guy will like to be heard.

Alright, now that things are back to normal, this is what you need to do.

Unvote, then do nothing.

Actually, if you would, please quote this entire post onto the mafia thread.

As you may very well be already aware from the recent debacle, the rules have been changed, and town victory can be achieved by thus:

Mr.Person, if you are indeed the real reporter, feel free to keep your vote firmly pointed at R1ck.

R1ck, if you are indeed the real reporter, feel free to keep your vote firmly pointed at Mr.Person.

Everyone else, do nothing. Don't vote, don't no lynch, don't do anything.

I had a fun time planning the dopps' demise this game, and I look forward the next game. I hope I'm an alien, I haven't gotten to be one of those yet.

Thank you very much ToonyMan for your cooperation, you've been a great deal of help. Nuke, you may not be around, but you were incompetent on several levels, and you made me frustrated with my attempts to coordinate everyone's efforts when you continually disobeyed me and did things with no apparent planning or foresight without telling me.

Great game everyone.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 16, 2009, 01:31:01 pm »

I mean I do nothing.  hee hee. Whoops.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 16, 2009, 02:11:13 pm »

I already sent you a PM way before that man. It's pretty obvious the townies have already won.

Let me elaborate. All the real reporter has to do is do nothing forever.

The dopp has the following choices available to him:
1. Kill the other reporter.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
2. Kill either Toonyman or me.
3. Do nothing.

I again, change my vote to nobody.

P.s: Toony, can you relay the following message to ChaoticJosh? "Lol lol I told you so LMAO!"  :P

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 16, 2009, 02:13:12 pm »

I'm pretty sure he can still read the thread.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 16, 2009, 02:19:55 pm »

ToonyMan, will you please ask Umiman what the heck he's talking about? Does he even know about the double lynch rule? I probably should have mentioned that.

What the heck are you talking about Umiman?  Do you even know about the double lynch rule?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 16, 2009, 02:41:46 pm »

I was referring to weeks ago when I told him he was going to die and he got all huffy about it. Since he never responded to my gloats back then, I'm reinforcing it now.  8)

Anyway, no, I have no idea what the double lynch rule is but if you're talking about how if it's a tie and both people voted will die, there's no way this will work here.

Because with 4 people, it would go like this:

Edit: if you were talking about something else, feel free to point it out from beyond the grave or something. I'm guessing you meant the 1v1 standoff thing and both of them would die? If that was a rule in the game, it would certainly make things easier. I've been assuming, since this is my first game and screw it if I'm gonna read that long wall of erronous text on the first page, that for a vote to hold true, you need at least two votes simply because Meph stated if there's 1 townie and 1 dopp, dopp wins. If 1v1 could work, then it would be a draw. But it's not, which lead me to my conclusion.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 16, 2009, 02:51:43 pm »

Wait hold up, why would the human reporter want to vote for someone else?  If he does he dies anyway.  He might as well go out with a bang with the dopp so he wins with the townies.  He would be foolish to vote for anyone but the other reporter.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 16, 2009, 02:54:07 pm »

Well, anyway I don't see how this can go wrong.  If Mr.Person or R1ck changes their vote then they would be a dopp, right?  Unless they are a very foolish human.  Like I said above.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 16, 2009, 02:55:21 pm »

In the event of a tie, one of two things will happen. If there are only two vote camps, representing over half of the players, then both people will be lynched. If there are more than three vote camps or fewer then half the populace has voted then no lynch will take place.

Here are the lynch rules, to help with any confusion. Looking at it, I don't seem to specify what happens if there is a tie and exactly half the players have voted. So I think I'll rule that you would have a no lynch in that case, based on how the rest of it is written.

So, for this situation, if you want to lynch two players you will have to have 2 votes for each. Anything else will result in either a single lynch or no lynch.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 16, 2009, 02:58:39 pm »

That mean Umiman will put a vote on R1ck and I'll put a vote on Mr.Person.  Easy.  If one of them moves they're dopp!

Vote Mr.Person.

Hopefully I'm not doing something stupid.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 16, 2009, 02:58:59 pm »

Like I said. I prefer guaranteed victory over the probable victory. Maybe for you, probability is enough. But if there's a 99.999999% chance that the real reporter would not do something stupid, if we fail on that 0.000001%, we will lose automatically.

Whereas if we do nothing and maintain the tie, we win automatically.

Currently, the way we are at, with both R1ck and Mr. Person pointing guns at each other, we are guaranteed to win.

Isn't that good? Why screw it up?  :D

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 16, 2009, 03:00:33 pm »

Sigh...

Unvote nobody, vote R1ck.

Edit: We're likely gonna win, provided the real reporter doesn't do anything silly like change his vote. But still... I like certainty.  >:(

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 16, 2009, 03:07:07 pm »

Watch out if someone Mr.Person or R1ck unvotes.  That means he's dopp!

And if he's isn't, I WILL MASACRE YOU WITH PMS.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 16, 2009, 03:08:22 pm »

Woah, I mean PMs!  Don't get any wrong ideas here I was just typing in CAPS.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44