Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Game Over  (Read 65420 times)

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Day 4 dawns bright
« Reply #450 on: July 02, 2009, 06:41:54 pm »

edit by way of post. Today is Day 0 in that analysis. It is only my ability as warden that can prevent a dopp enchanter from winning tomorrow, and the dopps can only prevent that by lynching me today.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 02, 2009, 07:47:32 pm »

He might have gotten a scanner, is what I'm trying to say, and while it's a slim possibility, it should be explored fully.

Let's see here. These are the remaining players, since there hasn't been a list in a long time.

A_Fey_Dwarf
Archangel
chaoticjosh
Flintus10
Frelock*
Mr.Person*
NUKE9.13
R1ck
Rysith

I placed asterisks next to the people who haven't roleclaimed yet. Frelock has had ample time to roleclaim, and I know he's just stalling for time to try to get a no lynch.

Nuke, you're the only person I can trust, I hope you can come to the right conclusion and vote with me.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 02, 2009, 08:05:52 pm »

Alright, first, Josh, I've been lurking recently because I had summer school finals today.  I've been lurking before that because I wanted to stay alive (you can check my other mafias; I often lurk, hence why I've yet to be night-killed).  Second, if you want to know so badly, I'm just a townie.  The detective (if we have one) can verify that.  Or the reporter (again, if we have one) can see that I never go anywhere at night.

I also leave on the 4th for about 10 days, and though I've advertised in the replacement thread no-one has come forward.  Any lurkers on this thread, feel free to come forward to play!  Please; the town needs voters.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 02, 2009, 08:06:25 pm »

Also, when did Archangel and Rick1 claim?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 02, 2009, 08:28:51 pm »

Archangel claimed on day 2 or 3, I can't remember, but R1ck claimed earlier today I believe.

But that makes 3 townies, the easiest claim there is, and how many dopplegangers do we have left? 3? I propose we lynch Frelock, R1ck, and Flintus, in that order.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 02, 2009, 08:44:20 pm »

Also, when did Archangel and Rick1 claim?

Rick1 claimed normal townie:
I too am a simple townie.

Archangel claimed mad scientist + snooper
I'm the mad scientist and I have a snooper bot. I wasn't online to use it the first night this time I sent it to CJ's house and he stayed there. I don't want to continue playing but I will until Meph gets a replacement for me.

which several people commented on as odd, but I (and others) explained it as him wanting to leave the game.

However, with Frelock's claim you are out of people to cover investigative roles for your "all investigative roles have investigated me" claim, with none of them stepping forward to defend you other than AFD.

I can also state that I've confirmed Nuke as the medium by asking him things that only the dead would know. If people aren't comfortable publicly roleclaiming, I'd urge them to roleclaim to Nuke, as well as giving any information that they have.

And lastly, an annotated list to try to make things easier. All roleclaims human, obviously. In particular, AFD should say something if he's scanned any of the townies.
A_Fey_Dwarf Telepath
Archangel Mad Scientist
chaoticjosh Enchanter
Flintus10 Townie
Frelock* Townie
Mr.Person*
NUKE9.13 Medium
R1ck Townie
Rysith Warden

Pre-post edit: chaoticjosh: That would mean only one actual townie, Org. That seems high. It also does nothing to still the fears of doppleganger enchanters.
Try my orc mod!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 02, 2009, 09:03:22 pm »

Just wait for Mr.Person, or whoever takes his place because he hasn't logged on in 8 frickin' days, Then you'll know I'm telling the truth.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 02, 2009, 09:05:00 pm »

I can't help it if I got a terrible (or as you see it, "easy") role.

I should have seen Rick1's claim, though.  My bad.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 03, 2009, 02:15:20 am »

The dead have the following to say:
Cheeetar:
"I had a shield, so no scanner. Also, you're a meanie face for lynching me, and I would never have went along with your evil scummy plan"
Pandarsenic:
"The worst part of Josh's argument is that I have no reason to lie because I have no way to possibly win so the closest I can get is to try to get 2 townies left killing the final Dopp."
I don't really trust this, but I trust chaoticjosh and AFD less. Panda also had this to say:
"Oh, and just for reference, OF COURSE THE DOPPS WOULD LAY EARLY FOUNDATION FOR A FAKE TOWN BASE. They had 3 of the Big 5.
All they need is for you to lynch Frelock so they can KILL RYSITH AND HE CAN'T DISABLE THEIR ENCHANTER."
This is wrong, by the way. Role-blockers come before NKs
Twiggie:
"I guarded alexhans, and was killed by some blue lightning, which I assume indicates an exterminator"
Kashyyk:
"Twiggie, you are correct. the exterminator IS either CJ or inaluct." (<This was pretty obviously bullshit)
I even ninja'd him with the following:
"Your goal is still for the exterminator to win so I wouldn't do that.

Hey, you know what you should do?
Pretend not to know that, and hope I don't know that, and then I will claim medium, kill the 'exterminator', who turns up town, and then -get this- the town lynches me!
Genius.

Anyway. No, don't bother."
Long Live United Forenia!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 03, 2009, 02:57:03 am »

Dammit Pandar, I know you're reading this. Stop lying! Tell us who you really attacked last night! You're just angry that I got Cheeetar lynched, and thus ruined your fake-claim and got you killed.

While you're at it Nuke, ask Cheeetar why he was so complacent with Pandar assuming HIS role.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 03, 2009, 03:00:39 am »

He assumed that the town would lynch someone claiming survivor.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 03, 2009, 12:57:24 pm »

Alexhans has gone insane.
Quote from: Alexhans
Me, I want, a hoo-la-hoo (with a chipmunk voice)

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 03, 2009, 02:56:48 pm »

Pandarsenic:
"The worst part of Josh's argument is that I have no reason to lie because I have no way to possibly win so the closest I can get is to try to get 2 townies left killing the final Dopp."
I don't really trust this, but I trust chaoticjosh and AFD less. Panda also had this to say:
"Oh, and just for reference, OF COURSE THE DOPPS WOULD LAY EARLY FOUNDATION FOR A FAKE TOWN BASE. They had 3 of the Big 5.
All they need is for you to lynch Frelock so they can KILL RYSITH AND HE CAN'T DISABLE THEIR ENCHANTER."
This is wrong, by the way. Role-blockers come before NKs.

So, Pandar is right, he can't win right now:
Quote from: Rules
Exterminator - The doppelganger infestation is a danger to the Alien's people, and it and all traces of it must be wiped from the Earth. The Alien kills one person a night. The Alien wins when they are the only one left alive.
I'll admit that that's a change from the previous versions (I think?) where the exterminator could win as long as all non-exterminators were dead. I might be remembering the deathamancer from mind and magic, though. Regardless, Pandar cannot be the only one left alive, and thus cannot win. It also seems like that makes the deadman's bomb a useless piece of equipment (since otherwise it allows the exterminator to win in a 2 dopps + exterminator position), so I'd like a rule clarification on exterminator's ability to win posthumously. Otherwise, there may still be the 1 townie + 1 dopp in the day phase that I mentioned earlier. If exterminator posthumous victory is possible, I'll see if that particular scenario is viable.

Pandar's point about a) the dopps laying an early foundation for a town base being reasonable and b) my power being their largest threat, especially if they have an enchanter. The warden is the only role right now (I believe) that can prevent them from getting at least one kill a night, and thus the largest threat to their victory. Killing me tonight isn't as good as lynching me today (since then I couldn't block anything), but it's certainly better for them than letting me live. I'd say that Pandar should have said "Can't disable their enchanter any more", but I'd also say that his point still stands.

Of course, in the unlikely event that there is a protector out there, please protect me tonight, since I'm almost certainly going to be targeted.

Try my orc mod!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 03, 2009, 04:16:16 pm »

Well the only one left who could be a protector is Mr. Person, but he hasn't been active.  Archangel, I suggest you use your snooper bot tonight to watch Rysith's house, and see who goes there.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 03, 2009, 04:18:30 pm »

No when I flip town. Send the snooperbot to CJ's house. He needs to be protected.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44