Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Game Over  (Read 65551 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Day 2 starts with a BBQ
« Reply #285 on: June 22, 2009, 03:25:46 pm »

I didn't vote for Nuke for that reason! I was already suspicious of him for attempting to control the conversation! The Twiggie business just pushed me over to him!

I'm innocent! The more time everyone spends focusing on me, the real dopps are free to plot and scheme without worry!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 22, 2009, 04:31:41 pm »

Fine guys! I give up! I'm a Human Enchanter! I was targeted by a psychic warden last night so I don't have my double vote for today.

If you guys lynch me, this is exactly what it's gonna flip. The town'll be down another power role, and if the dopps have an enchanter too, then you should know, that while it's not told to everyone on the front page, that enchanters aren't forced to use their double vote ability, they can turn it off for the day and only have 1 vote. So a dopp enchanter can remain undetected very easily.

This means that if there's a dopp enchanter, then the dopps can win when they're outnumbered by one, but I can prevent that!

Jesus Christ, this is what I get for trying a more talkative strategy rather than just doing what I do best.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 22, 2009, 04:36:06 pm »

...how 'bout that?
So, any way of proving it?
Long Live United Forenia!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 22, 2009, 04:37:15 pm »

I quoted myself for easy reference at that point:
For my obligatory random vote, I'm going to vote R1ck-
Well, I think that we can probably rule out chaoticjosh as the one that Twiggie defended, since Twiggie did vote for him yesterday.
Hmmn. Ok, but how is that useful? Why drop in to say just that? It seems like something you might say if you were a dopp/exterminator who attacked someone, only to kill twiggie instead, whilst you vainly hoped they would be protecting chaoticjosh.
-might- say. Please respond to clarify why you thought it was important.
Which he has also ignored. Ok, he hasn't posted since. But still.
Think about it.
I was just pointing out to anyone who might not have realized that twiggie had voted for Chaoticjosh the day before, in an attempt to help the town out.

Yo Chaoticjosh, if you roleclaim now, I for one might consider unvoting you. You really have nothing to lose.
Pre-Post Edit: Hmm... As of the current votes, if you use your claimed enchanter power, then it'd be tied, and I think neither one of you would be lynched, since not enough people have voted for both of you.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 22, 2009, 04:39:43 pm »

I can't use my power, that's what I'm trying to say. I got hit by a psychic warden, and if you look at the description for psychic wardens, it says it disables the role for the night and the day afterward. I only have a single vote today.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 22, 2009, 04:49:59 pm »

I can't use my power, that's what I'm trying to say. I got hit by a psychic warden, and if you look at the description for psychic wardens, it says it disables the role for the night and the day afterward. I only have a single vote today.
Convenient.
More seriously; ok, great. But as power roles go you are fairly useless. You can get us an extra day if you live long enough, but pretty much only the first Paranormal Mafia would have been different with an extra town vote- at the end win/lose is has already been known a while.
Whats more, who's to say your exterminator-with-intel theory can not be applied to you?
Conclusion: Meh. I am not voting for you. If I was... I might unvote. Or I might not. I don't know.
Long Live United Forenia!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 22, 2009, 04:59:23 pm »

the exterminator with intel theory could be equally applied to anyone almost.

If you don't want to vote for me, then vote with me so we tie atleast.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 22, 2009, 05:11:10 pm »

I know you're still on Beacon! What do you think of this turn of events?

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 22, 2009, 05:19:20 pm »

Cautious.  You might be telling the truth.  You might be a doppleganger enchanter.  You might be an ordinary doppleganger who's decided if you're going to by lynched, you might as well try a fake roll-flip.
I think it's important that we lynch somebody today.  Ideally a dopp, obviously, but either way we need more information.  If you can give me a good reason to switch my vote to inaluct, I'll consider it.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 22, 2009, 05:23:47 pm »

Unvote Chaoticjosh

I still think you're scum but I want to give others a chance to have their input. If you can't present a more compelling case for me to vote someone else than to vote you by 4:50, I'm revoting you.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 22, 2009, 05:24:42 pm »

I'm going to unvote Chaoticjosh and vote for R1ck as he hasn't shown up to make a defense of himself. I won't vote for Chaoticjosh as investigating Chaoticjosh (if possible) would be the ideal way to discover if he's genuine or not.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 22, 2009, 05:29:07 pm »

The Whiteboard

chaoticjosh: A_Fey_Dwarf, Org (Beacon80), R1ck
inaluct: chaoticjosh, Flintus10, webadict
R1ck: Nuke9.13, Cheeetar
webadict: Rysith
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 22, 2009, 05:33:39 pm »

Cautious.  You might be telling the truth.  You might be a doppleganger enchanter.  You might be an ordinary doppleganger who's decided if you're going to by lynched, you might as well try a fake roll-flip.
I think it's important that we lynch somebody today.  Ideally a dopp, obviously, but either way we need more information.  If you can give me a good reason to switch my vote to inaluct, I'll consider it.

So, what you're telling me, is that you'd rather lynch the town enchanter that's defended himself vehemently than somebody who hasn't even bothered to log on to defend himself?

I'm going to unvote Chaoticjosh and vote for R1ck as he hasn't shown up to make a defense of himself. I won't vote for Chaoticjosh as investigating Chaoticjosh (if possible) would be the ideal way to discover if he's genuine or not.

I can guarantee you I'm telling the truth. Of course, telling the town investigators to investigate me would be a good way to avoid being found out, heh Cheeetar?

Hey Meph, before you switch to night, can you give the lynchee a "last words" moment, so they get there last thought off their mind before they're killed? Something like 5 or 10 minutes would be fine.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 22, 2009, 05:38:30 pm »

Hmmm. Ok, sure.

Votes will close at 5pm. Lychee will have until 5:30 to give a final speech.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 22, 2009, 05:42:09 pm »

I'm saying that it's I'd rather lynch somebody who might turn out to be the town enchanter than nobody at all.
That being said, you're right, Inaluct hasn't posted at all recently, despite the large amounts of votes against him.  I'm not terribly good at noticing who hasn't posted, but looking back, his last post was on Friday.
The way I see it, if josh is lying, we'll probably find out quickly through investigative roles (assuming they're clever enough about communicating to us).  So I'll change my vote to Inaluct for now.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44