Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Castles in the village?  (Read 931 times)

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Castles in the village?
« on: June 12, 2009, 05:19:44 pm »

The human town my adventurer started out seemed pretty normal until I checked the map, noticing it has 3 Dark Towers, full of humans, situated in it? Did the humans take over a dark fortress AND build a village here? Has anyone else ever seen anything like it? Its pretty cool anyways; fortunately the local weapons master is in his house not skulking like an impossible to find demon in the tower.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castles in the village?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 06:17:22 pm »

Checking Legends would be your best bet to find out what exactly happened.

There's a few possibilities. I'm guessing one of the two (Fortress or Town) was abandoned, then a new civilization populated the area. If it was goblins populating a town, the humans are the remnants of kidnapped children.

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 08:03:48 pm »

Soemthing like this happened to me as well.

I settled in a dark fortress expecting some goblin combat, until I discovered that I situated right in a human village.

What's even weirder, the goblins were allied with me and the humans.

Gothmog

• Bay Watcher
  • Demands item in bedroom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 05:26:03 pm »

I once visited a foret retreat that got conquered by humans during worldgen.

Nothing unusual to find there, except for one half-built and one complete human house.

Fun Fact: While all the other elfs had to sleep in the mud ("elven way of life"), the complete house sheltered the elven druid. Friend of nature and everything, you know.  ::)

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 11:00:51 pm »

Lucky Gothmog. I always have to spend 20 minutes walking around an eleven retreat before I can find a druid to give me a quest. And I NEVER report back. I hate those stupid druids walking around their identical looking forests.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.