Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: MTG RTD  (Read 14016 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: MTG RTD
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 06:45:20 pm »

Note to self: never ask for a random card again.  Seriously, taunt?  Everyone else's cards are at least 10 times more useful.  I should have just asked for a counterspell, or something...
Well,remember,this is a RTD.Creative use will be rewarded.

Since the rules are different here, care to explain how different cards will work?
>Artifacts spawn the object on the card to you,if the object is destroyed,the card crumbles.
>Creatures work the same way as artifact cards,except with a living breathing creature.The creature will follow you around as opposed to artifacts.(which must be picked up in most cases)
(Both cards allow you to summon the creature to you again and again so long as the bound object/creature isn't destroyed,so if it is left behind,it is always available so long as you have the card.)
>Enchantments are permanent effects that can be casted to an area or target(whatever is appropriate to the card's text),only one enchantment can be in effect at one time for each card.Casting it again will remove the previous.
>instants/scorceries are mostly the same,a single time effect.Can be casted again and again.
A charge time may be imposed at any time if I deem a card as too powerful.

Is there a difference between a sorcery and an instant/interrupt?
Would using a sorcery/instant/anything else use it up?
If not, can one enchantment be laid on more than one target (across several turns)?
Apparently not,except for certain compatibilities with other card effects,if the spell is powerful enough though,I might consider adding a charge up time to balance it out.
One card=one active enchantment.
What about mana cost? Do we play lands?
Nope,mana is irrelevant,however I might find a use for it somehow.
What abilities have effect? Does summoning sickness affect creatures (without haste, that is)?
Didn't think about summoning sickness,I'll probably find some function for the various abilities,trample allowing your creature to bowl through multiple targets(likely with massive collateral damage,possible saving throw bonuses for most creatures when they are about to get hit by this),double strike allowing it to attack twice... etc.
How far are the rules bent? How much life does the player have, and is the damage done strictly according to the rules?
Life is handled like it is in most RTDs,life giving cards will heal injuries and status effects,as for how the rules are bent,I'm keeping some of it as a secret. ;)

I've got two votes for dungeon... I'm probably going to go with that unless someone speaks up.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 06:47:12 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 07:11:22 pm »

Sean asked the questions we all should have asked. I have one more: What about creatures with regeneration?

Oh, and I love my card. It is wonderful. I am going to have to be very careful not to abuse it, to avoid having it mysteriously stolen. I really hate card gnomes.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 07:20:21 pm »

Sean asked the questions we all should have asked. I have one more: What about creatures with regeneration?
It grows back...

But if it is lethally damaged twice in a turn,or in a specific manner that kills it before regen kicks in,it is toasted.
I'm probably going to have to fudge alot of rules,but we shall see.

Alright people...

Locations:
Spoiler: Dungeon entrance (click to show/hide)
Lets start this thing.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 07:23:10 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 07:34:48 pm »

I'll charge into the dungeon, hoping to find lots of valuable loot. I really like loot, you see. Especially shiny loot. Sparkly loot is nice too. No wait, I like magical loot even more then shiny loot. My favorite loot of all is shiny, sparkly, magical loot.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 07:36:03 pm »

Put me on the waiting list.

As if i'll ever get to play lol

i'm toooo slooooow  :(

Edit: Random Red
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 08:24:35 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 07:38:02 pm »

Put me on the waiting list.

As if i'll ever get to play lol

i'm toooo slooooow  :(
Card?

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2009, 08:06:51 pm »

This looks interesting, but I don't know anything about Magic.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 08:09:45 pm »

By the way,I'm very interested in Magic in general and would love to play it against the members of this community.

PM me if you are interested,I also highly recommend use of this program

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 08:21:43 pm »

I enter the dungeon.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 08:33:33 pm »

I would also like to be put in the Waiting list, with Blood Knight as my card.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2009, 08:57:34 pm »

I enter the dungeon carefully, keeping an eye out for potential treasures/enemies.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2009, 11:38:27 pm »

Alrighty then.

I've got a few ideas if you don't mind.

Mana cost could be gathered without lands - if you pretend that every player accumulates one mana point per turn, color same as the color of their primary card. I think there was a card like that, Living Mana Battery or something. Creatures that give mana could be leveraged for this as well, but they wouldn't be able to do anything else then. Having unlimited mana pools would be wrong, I suppose, so maybe limit every player to 20 mana? For other colors, the players may use any card effects, or choose to gain mana from the place they're in (dungeon or no, it may have different areas with different properties).

Spell type could factor in with actions - you can only cast one standard spell per turn, but instants and interrupts can be used as much as needed (only once with every card though), and some spells may be autocast (like Counterspell).

And we forgot another confusing ability. A creature with Fade, does it die completely when it fades or can it be summoned again?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2009, 12:22:26 am »

You bring up quite a few good questions, Sean.

As for my action, I'll walk into the dungeon, preferably in the middle of the group.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2009, 05:03:43 am »

Thank you Sean,I like that system.I'm going to implement it if you don't mind.

As for fade/vanish,that feature sounds like a pain,so I'll probably ignore it when possible.

Just need Katsuun.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 05:07:59 am by SHAD0Wdump »

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2009, 06:18:32 am »

Lots of love for blue, I see. Put me on the waiting list with good ol' Incinterate.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9