Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: MTG RTD  (Read 13994 times)

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MTG RTD
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2009, 03:39:10 pm »

I go through hidden doorway.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2009, 10:54:12 pm »

I will take Phyrexian Broodlings please, someday I will find a good source of sacrifices and become unstoppable!!!

Can cards be sacrificed as they are being destroyed?

At the moment I suspect that sorceries and instants are overpowered, as they are not destroyed when used. Perhaps it would improve things if permanents could be rescued by paying their summoning cost to return them to card form instead of crumbling to dust.
 Maybe people could use sorceries and instants in the same turn as other cards, but if someone does so then the extra cards crumble.

Maybe mana should come from cards, everyone could be given a free basic land matching their card when they start. It would let people gain multiple colours of mana and become more powerful as the game progresses. That could also be a reason for people to go running off into dungeons and whatnot, to be able to gain the use of the land they are on. Most mana effects require tapping so it should be difficult to use a card for mana if it is being used in any other capacity.

Are cards obvious? Or is it possible that cards might be affected by an enchantment or something that the players won't be told about...

Characters could be limited to carrying a set number of cards with them at any time, and they could keep a stack of cards back home in a library. Library effects would allow them to affect this library and drawing effects would allow them to take a card from the top of their library into their hand. Characters can put cards directly onto the bottom of their library if they have too many on hand...

Sacrificing is kind of brutal at the moment, any chance of turning on the graveyard? It makes sense that characters would form a connection to the cards they summon to explain why they can only affect their own graveyard...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2009, 11:42:29 pm »

Can cards be sacrificed as they are being destroyed?
Unlikely,as card deaths will likely occur during the enemy phase,which is directly after the player phase,leaving no time for the player to react.
 And don't try 'if my creature dies this turn sacrifice it' for the same reason.
At the moment I suspect that sorceries and instants are overpowered, as they are not destroyed when used. Perhaps it would improve things if permanents could be rescued by paying their summoning cost to return them to card form instead of crumbling to dust.
 Maybe people could use sorceries and instants in the same turn as other cards, but if someone does so then the extra cards crumble.
Ok,tapped/untapped rules for these cards could work,where to untap you must pay the casting cost.
Maybe mana should come from cards, everyone could be given a free basic land matching their card when they start. It would let people gain multiple colours of mana and become more powerful as the game progresses. That could also be a reason for people to go running off into dungeons and whatnot, to be able to gain the use of the land they are on. Most mana effects require tapping so it should be difficult to use a card for mana if it is being used in any other capacity.
You can already gain any type of mana,remember,this is still a RTD.
Are cards obvious? Or is it possible that cards might be affected by an enchantment or something that the players won't be told about...
Interesting,I might use this.see what I did there?Now you won't know if I will!
Characters could be limited to carrying a set number of cards with them at any time, and they could keep a stack of cards back home in a library. Library effects would allow them to affect this library and drawing effects would allow them to take a card from the top of their library into their hand. Characters can put cards directly onto the bottom of their library if they have too many on hand...
YES! Thank you! Finally a way for the Library to exist.
Sacrificing is kind of brutal at the moment, any chance of turning on the graveyard? It makes sense that characters would form a connection to the cards they summon to explain why they can only affect their own graveyard...
And the graveyard to!

EDIT:I have edited the previous turn with the changes and edited the first post with additional rules and credits.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 11:52:44 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2009, 12:12:10 am »

I shall urge the archers along from the sidelines, and they shall continue to shoot the goblins.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2009, 10:25:44 pm »

Oops... Forgot the turn,I really need to get back in the groove of updating this by habit.

Then again,Frelock still hasn't posted,he's got until whenever I decide to update. There's also Katsuun,if he doesn't post before hand,I'm gonna wipe him out and filter in a player from the waiting list,that person would be... Sean Mirrsen.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2009, 03:38:06 pm »

It's alive?

I attempt to learn how to use black mana as well as blue.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2009, 06:44:51 pm »

Question, do effects that return the instant or sorcery to your hand count as the mana  cost to "untap" the spell?
And is the untap cost of X cost spells the technical CMC?
If our original card is multicolor, do we produce all those colors?
For the purpose of cards like Flurry of Wings, do players count as attacking creatures?
How is the quantity of combat damage determined, in cases like Druid's Call?
Do creatures that produce mana, such as Llanowar Elves, add it to the general pool? Clarify mana production, a Llanowar Elves, that does not produce mana in a turn may attack that turn?
Do creatures in play get an "Untap" action once per turn? If not, do actions that require tapping, such as attacking, count as turn actions? Furthermore, if the aforementioned tap actions count as turn actions, do actions that do not require tapping count as free actions?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 07:01:10 pm by Devath »
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2009, 08:00:05 pm »

Question, do effects that return the instant or sorcery to your hand count as the mana  cost to "untap" the spell?
Yes.
And is the untap cost of X cost spells the technical CMC?
Whatever it says on gatherer is the CMC.
If our original card is multicolor, do we produce all those colors?
Tricky one... I'll probably ask that a person pick specifically what mana they want to produce,then they can convert that into the appropriate mana to cast the spell,this make multi color cards harder to use,but that is often the case in MTG anyways.
For the purpose of cards like Flurry of Wings, do players count as attacking creatures?
Probably,I'm not sure whether that would be overpowered or not,Once I have in game testing I should be better able to determine.
How is the quantity of combat damage determined, in cases like Druid's Call?
Even more tricky,to be honest I have no idea on this one,I'll probably fudge in the effects where appropriate.
Do creatures that produce mana, such as Llanowar Elves, add it to the general pool? Clarify mana production, a Llanowar Elves, that does not produce mana in a turn may attack that turn?
Yes.
Do creatures in play get an "Untap" action once per turn? If not, do actions that require tapping, such as attacking, count as turn actions? Furthermore, if the aforementioned tap actions count as turn actions, do actions that do not require tapping count as free actions?
Creatures don't 'tap' but instead act more like NPCs in a RTD.

(answering a question about combat damage here that never was asked...)
However in the case of multiple creatures acting as one(which is the case with both of the current creatures in this RTD) once again I might have to fudge in proper damage.

Also,yeah it ain't dead. I'll make the turn tonight.(heres to hoping I don't get massively distracted like I did last night.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 08:01:55 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2009, 09:35:33 pm »

turn 7!

No, wait. Fighting unarmed is more amusing. I'll throw the remains of the corpse at goblin 1 to cause psychological harm, while my rats gnaw on its wrists.
3,You try to pick up the goblin corpse and throw it and gobbo 1,but it's just a wee bit too heavy to throw in any significant distance for you,and lands about halfway between you and your target.

I go through hidden doorway.
(no roll here),you walk through the dark tunnel.6(encounter),you feel something slither at your feet and freak out,kicking it frantically!
 Whatever it was it doesn't seem to be bugging you now so you proceed onward at a brisk pace,you finally exit the tunnel at the cave... How conveniant!

I shall urge the archers along from the sidelines, and they shall continue to shoot the goblins.
1,You proceed to shove and push the archers into position to attack the goblin,they don't appreciate this but seeing as you own their card and all they can't lay the smackdown on you.
 Unfortunately this distracts them sufficiently enough to Knock off their aim

I attempt to learn how to use black mana as well as blue.
5,through a moment of meditation you discover you can manipulate your spiritual forces in a way that allows you to activate both black and blue colored cards.
 You take a moment to test your newfound ability by sifting minor mana through both of your cards,and they both appear to react with a subtle glow.
 You now generate both blue and black multicolored mana,this allows you to passively operate both colors,no extra effort required.However you feel that further manipulating your mana reserves is going to be more difficult.

Quote from: Sean Mirrsen
Join game!
You appear through a vortex,which by consequence sucks Katsuun in. It appears his card is laying on the floor.

Enemy actions
Quote from: Raging goblin 1
Kill the elves!
5-1=4,Finally he seems to get his act together and crawls over to the Keen Eyed Archers,who appear to not notice him while they are being distracted by their owner's pushiness. He cleaves into one,letting forth a elven scream.(damage?6),cloven member

NPC/pet actions
Quote from: Nirur Torir's Swarm of Rats
Knaw on wrists.
6,The rats gruesomly rip and tear at the Raging Goblin's arms,but why stop there?
All the rats proceed to pile on to the Goblin as it swipes madly with what energy it has remaining,eventually being eaten whole.

That's one dead goblin mates.

Quote from: Cheeetar's Keen Eyed Archers
Shoot Goblin 1.
(pointless),considering the fact that the threat is over with,they proceed to throw elven profanities at their 'master'.Maybe you should tighten the grip on their behavior?

Expirations
Relm's eyes:3,Still present,still stinging.

Statuses:

Players:
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cheeetar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sean Mirrsen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relm (click to show/hide)

Enemies:

NPCs/pets:

Locations:
Spoiler: Dungeon entrance (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dungeon Antechamber (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cavern 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Unknown well (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2009, 09:43:16 pm »

Go super-rats!

It is now time to cure my disease. This may or may not work, but should have amusing consequences on a failure.
I lick the rats to bolster my immune system, hopefully granting me immunity to disease.

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2009, 10:01:57 pm »

I search for secret passages.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2009, 11:47:46 pm »

I unsummon the keen-eyed archers and assist Relm in searching for secret passages.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 23, 2009, 12:02:41 am »

I'll grab Katsuun's old card, and then search for more obvious, non-secret passages.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2009, 01:31:15 am »

I summon the Healer (no use having a healer that isn't with you) and have him protect me. Then I return to the Antechamber.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2009, 02:09:36 am »

I'm gonna give you guys a hint...

Lights on at the opposing end...

This cave is big.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9