Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Elf in Charge of Dwarfs? What the...  (Read 1795 times)

Boomer

• Bay Watcher
  • EXPLOSIONS!
    • View Profile
Elf in Charge of Dwarfs? What the...
« on: June 10, 2009, 03:45:21 pm »

Ok, generated a new world to run an adventurer in to see how well my computer handles it. Took a look at the available starting civs my adventurer could be from, then decided to back out and read about these civs from the legends screen.

It is currently the Year 200, Age of Legends. And while going through the history of one of the first Dwarven Civilizations, known as the creamted fence, in year 32, after having gone through a couple dwarf leaders, the next leader is "the elf Mosus Portaldashes". ...how the heck did an elf get in charge? Anyway, 7 years later a dwarf is back in charge... but i came here to post this immediately.

...I dunno, does this topic go here? I am doing some real research on this world before dropping my adventurer in.
"Damn, I just noticed that this was post Nr 1500, and I had nothing memorable to say...I will go and play with the carp now."

~Akroma

Boomer

• Bay Watcher
  • EXPLOSIONS!
    • View Profile
Re: Elf in Charge of Dwarfs? What the...
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 03:57:44 pm »

Ok, found out what might have happened. In year 1 they setup "The Cremated Fence", perfectly dorfy civ with a dorf leader. They make the band "Trumpets of Spring" and found "Tomeband" astheir first spot.

Year 12, they attack the elves of The Euphoric Thorn. They soundly defeat The Euphoric Thorn and place a Dwarf in Charge of the Elves... Dwarfs rule the Elves. They renamed the elf civ The Seals of Chewing. lol, cause the new Dwarf Regime is likely putting a lockdown on their cannibalism.

Year 30, the dwarfs pick a fight with The Nightmare of Exiting, lead by a demon.

Year 32, elf is in chargg. Mosus leads many attacks and victories against this demon, forcing peace and then attacking again whenever his minions tick him off.

Year 39 the elf falls in battle and rule goes back to a dwarf.

Then every year after that until 99, a dwarf gets in charge, forces peace, attacks the demon anyway, dies, and a new dwarf repeats the cycle... every year until 99.

Year 99, Kumil the dwarf takes over, he rules until 113, continuing the tradition of beating the crap out of this demon.

But yeah, the elves are citizens, a vassal state of the dwarfs or something similar. Dwarfs pull up to their home and tell them how many corpses they may cannibalize this year, decreasing the number each year... And one of them was consider dwarfy enough to be the leader it seems.
"Damn, I just noticed that this was post Nr 1500, and I had nothing memorable to say...I will go and play with the carp now."

~Akroma

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 04:16:54 pm »

You'd have to check Legends, but what most likely happened is the dwarves abducted an elven child at some point.  That child grew up in dwarven society and became prominent, eventually taking a place in line for the throne.

Probably in the original war is when the abduction occurred.  Check the appropriate Legends entries(start with this elf's Historical Figure entry).

Boomer

• Bay Watcher
  • EXPLOSIONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 04:32:30 pm »

You'd have to check Legends, but what most likely happened is the dwarves abducted an elven child at some point.  That child grew up in dwarven society and became prominent, eventually taking a place in line for the throne.

Probably in the original war is when the abduction occurred.  Check the appropriate Legends entries(start with this elf's Historical Figure entry).

Will do, reading the civ histories first. Apparently before the dwarfs beat the elves, goblin civ lead by the demon Atu Ashendeath the Spidery Warmth was attacking the elves. They impaled an elf leader on a pike. Then the dwarves take over the elf civilization and bring the war right to the demon's doorstep, always on the attack.

~Akroma

Boomer

• Bay Watcher
  • EXPLOSIONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 04:34:38 pm »

Oh man... hundreds of named alligators became the enemy of the goblin civilization... Alligators HATED these goblins.

~Akroma

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 04:42:21 pm »

Where do I check in Legends to see the battles?

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 04:46:41 pm »

Org, check under the Ages, anything in yellow is an event you can view.  All wars(and battles therein) can be viewed in extreme detail in there.

And Boomer, take a look at this thread from the Adventure Mode forum.  It's about interesting things that happen during worldgen.  If you think your world is interesting, post it there.  And then realize reading the thread you world isn't nearly as awesome as some of them have been.  Also, have you figured out where the elf came from?

EDIT: I just read this in Legends of a new world...epic battle...
A: 521 Elves, 150 lost
D: 14 Humans, all lost
Nice job, guys!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 04:48:46 pm by Stargrasper »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 04:49:32 pm »

Thanks

Boomer

• Bay Watcher
  • EXPLOSIONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 04:51:04 pm »

Org, check under the Ages, anything in yellow is an event you can view.  All wars(and battles therein) can be viewed in extreme detail in there.

And Boomer, take a look at this thread from the Adventure Mode forum.  It's about interesting things that happen during worldgen.  If you think your world is interesting, post it there.  And then realize reading the thread you world isn't nearly as awesome as some of them have been.  Also, have you figured out where the elf came from?

...not the most polite way to put that, but i understand fully what you mean. An elf in charge of dwarfs just surprised me, that's all.

Anyway, figured out where he came from. He was born in the year 19, under the regime of The Seal of Chewing in the conquered land of Thornshimmers. He was born there, he lived there, he became a farmer and farmed there in the year 30. In year 32 he becomes leader of the Dwarfs of The Cremated Fence. All from being a farmer for a couple years in his homeland. He gets wounded by the same goblin several times in battle, before that goblin finally killed him.

~Akroma

Boomer

• Bay Watcher
  • EXPLOSIONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 04:52:46 pm »

Nice job, guys!

"This where we fight! This is where they die!" I love how a lot of battles are the humans fighting like spartans against zerg rushing elves.

~Akroma

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 05:24:27 pm »

Nice job, guys!

"This where we fight! This is where they die!" I love how a lot of battles are the humans fighting like spartans against zerg rushing elves.

And ofter that I found this earlier battle.
A: 635 elves, 219 lost
D: 15 humans, 8 lost
Defender was victorious.

It's times like this I'm proud to be human.

Boomer

• Bay Watcher
  • EXPLOSIONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 05:30:02 pm »

Nice job, guys!

And ofter that I found this earlier battle.
A: 635 elves, 219 lost
D: 15 humans, 8 lost
Defender was victorious.

It's times like this I'm proud to be human.

Yeah. I feel really bad for this constant struggle between the dwarves and the goblins that never seems to go anywhere. It looks like the elves were simply outbred by the dwarfs eventually... still weird as heck an elf not even living in the capital became the leader. In the meantime, goblins, elves, and dwarves all fought on the goblin side. It looks like the last members of the civilization are the one epic Dwarf and one Demon. Each gets about 5 kills each time an attack occurs and they win... it's a bit sad. I think I know what I want my adventurer to do... finish off those bastards.

It's time to end this ones and for all. "I'll get you back, evil boss!" Urist McFreeman yelled at the top of lung.

~Akroma

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 05:58:08 pm »

It's time to end this ones and for all. "I'll get you back, evil boss!" Urist McFreeman yelled at the top of lung.

As the demon ripped said lung from Urist's body.
---
Don't forget how strong you'll need to be to kill these guys, they've been repelling entire armies.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 07:18:33 pm »

As the demon ripped said lung from Urist's body.
---
Don't forget how strong you'll need to be to kill these guys, they've been repelling entire armies.
they'll probably fall unconscious when he enters the cell because of a missing toe.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Boomer

• Bay Watcher
  • EXPLOSIONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 08:00:05 pm »

I searched forever for the Mayor of the Cremated Fence... couldn't find him. Decided to head straight to Malignurn goblin tower. They had a church there dedicated to the demon, I killed all of the goblin priests, refilled my water skin, and headed to the tower. The tower was enormous with mazelike floors, but close to the top I saw him... it was a frakking Hammerlord. The Dark Dwarf was a Hammerlord, and very epic...

...he actually saw me, went into a monologue, where he proceeded to name every one of his noteable kills, with a witty insult for each... then absolutely smashed the crap out of me.

Meant to send an marksdwarf with axe as secondary, but had an axedwarf. Sending 100% pure bowmen to kill this guy next time.

...I dread facing the demon. His monologue will involve all 310 of his noteable kills, won't it?

~Akroma
Pages: [1] 2