Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question Concerning Heat and "Anonymous Action"  (Read 1288 times)

Topace3k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question Concerning Heat and "Anonymous Action"
« on: June 10, 2009, 01:43:23 pm »

Does having your squads perform anonymous actions instead of claimed action reduce the amount of heat they build up?  For example, I want to train up a combat squad using the conservatives in a crack house as... sparring partners.  Will using an anonymous action allow my liberals to kill opponents more freely and without immediate backlash?

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
Re: Question Concerning Heat and "Anonymous Action"
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 04:16:32 pm »

Does having your squads perform anonymous actions instead of claimed action reduce the amount of heat they build up?  For example, I want to train up a combat squad using the conservatives in a crack house as... sparring partners.  Will using an anonymous action allow my liberals to kill opponents more freely and without immediate backlash?
Hehe, sparring partners. Uh, I think being noticed depends on the amount of violence, and possibly the amount of violence as opposed to activism. I suggest doing graffiti too.
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Question Concerning Heat and "Anonymous Action"
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 12:45:37 am »

If you don't want to be connected with the crime, graffiti is actually a bad option because, if you think about it, you just marked your group's initials all over the crime scene.

The crack house is a good place to practice combat in this, because it's not inherently notable and news stories tend to vanish there. Anonymous will give you more flexibility, but mass murder sprees can still attract the news media. Feedback for the player here is lacking.