Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Complete disappearence of all attackers  (Read 433 times)

Elvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Complete disappearence of all attackers
« on: June 10, 2009, 12:10:41 pm »

As of one year, two seasons ago, I declare my fortress completely siege, ambush, thief and snatcher free!

( Well, I still have thieves and snatchers, and I had one little ambush ( that conveniently enough killed two nobles))

I have a complete lack of sieges, and i'm really confused by it. I'm playing Civilization Forge mod, so I have the Chaos Dwarves, Violet Xelics and Goblins who all have sieged me in the past, but none of them are doing so now. I'm wondering what's causing that- my fortress was upgraded to having a Dutchess, and i'm only 500 road value away from a king. So what's going on?

Thanks

EDIT: I've just had a thought: i've had at least three Nemesis load failures, but each time i've copied the files back and it seemed to work. Is a lack of sieges a side effect of this file copying? I never overwrote any files.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 12:24:34 pm by Elvin »

adore_the_glassspider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Complete disappearence of all attackers
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 02:16:20 pm »

Isn't it possible for a civilization to die out? Perhaps you killed all (or most) of them, and they're avoiding you.
“She's a nightmare hippie girl/she's spazzing out on a cosmic level/and she's meditating with the devil/she's cooking salad for breakfast/she's got tofu the size of Texas/she's a witness to her own glory/she's a never-ending story/she's a frolicking depression/she's a self-inflicted obsession/she's got a thousand lonely husbands/she's playin' footsie in another dimension/she's a goddess milking her time for all that it's worth." --Beck

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 02:19:52 pm »

EDIT: I've just had a thought: i've had at least three Nemesis load failures, but each time i've copied the files back and it seemed to work. Is a lack of sieges a side effect of this file copying? I never overwrote any files.

You probably should look at the sticky for this in the bugs section.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 02:36:42 pm »

well sometimes siegers just lay low for awhile.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 03:29:32 pm »

They'll be back. Mark my words, they will be back.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.