Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Injuries in Adventure Mode  (Read 3107 times)

rufio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Injuries in Adventure Mode
« on: June 10, 2009, 11:22:17 am »

I have noticed that injuries aren't persistent in Adventure mode - as long as you can get out of the ambush/cave/whatever alive and escape back to the Traveling map, any injury you took (apparently including brain and spinal injuries, which never heal in Fortress mode) are reset.  Which is great, but then I noticed that a character who had had an eye ripped out continued to have the eye ripped out after Traveling to someplace new.  So, which injuries can be cured by Traveling, and which will stay with you forever?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Injuries in Adventure Mode
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 11:23:04 am »

If it's gone, it's gone, but otherwise I think it heals after traveling.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

rufio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 11:33:53 am »

Ahh, that makes sense.  I didn't expect it to, though, because it doesn't make sense that broken spines magically heal while traveling.  :P

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 02:43:45 pm »

Remember you have to staunch the bleeding before travelling, and it's rare to get a broken spine without getting a serious wound to an internal organ.  That said, my modded Arachnid character once survived a "mortal wound" (piercing of both lungs) by running away and travelling when I stopped bleeding.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 04:01:41 pm by Leafsnail »

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 09:02:06 pm »

Remember you have to staunch the bleeding before travelling, and it's rare to get a broken spine without getting a serious wound to an internal organ.  That said, my modded Arachnid character once survived a "mortal wound" (piercing of both lungs) by running away and travelling when I stopped breathing.
Very true; you can't travel away from the area until you stop the bleeding, meaning mortal blows are still, unfortunately, mortal blows. In most cases though, hiding behind a tree and turning sneak on until the enemies leave and the bleeding stops so you can Travel is perfectly acceptable first aid.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 10:30:50 pm »

if the injury always when you travel, does that mean that the injurys are healed by walking them off?

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 10:47:30 pm »

Having both of your eyes gouged out or having a limb lopped off does NOT heal however.
That said, you can still pick up your disembodied limb and use it to beat people with.

rufio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 01:23:44 am »

That said, you can still pick up your disembodied limb and use it to beat people with.

Awesome.  Is it still possible to travel with lopped off legs, or do you just crawl at half the speed like you can on the local map?  Now I'm imagining an adventurer dragging his body along the ground and beating kobolds to death with his amputated legs.  Hardcore.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 03:40:00 am »

As a side note, I've had a injured dwarf who was shot through the lung, had every limb broken, and still managed to crawl away until he could travel - the people who gave chase had their throats torn out by my bite of doom
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 11:31:39 am »

As a side note, I've had a injured dwarf who was shot through the lung, had every limb broken, and still managed to crawl away until he could travel - the people who gave chase had their throats torn out by my bite of doom
I hope in the future you'd earn a 'Dabbling vampire' on your skills for that sort of thing.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

Eris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 03:46:02 pm »

Will this go away when adventure mode is seamless?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 04:03:31 pm »

Hmm, one of my fortress mode dwarfs has a mangled throat (plus a mangled upper arm and leg) and yet is simply lying in bed, permanently "Over-exerted" and "Unconcious" (although apparently not winded).  I thought it was a mortal wound to have a mangled throat...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 01:36:11 pm by Leafsnail »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 09:10:54 pm »

He should recover. AFter like 8 years.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 09:31:11 pm »

Awesome.  Is it still possible to travel with lopped off legs, or do you just crawl at half the speed like you can on the local map?  Now I'm imagining an adventurer dragging his body along the ground and beating kobolds to death with his amputated legs.  Hardcore.
You will have to crawl, unfortunately. But you can still travel.
"This is a masterwork dwarven leg. All craftsdwarvesship is of the highest quality. This item menaces with spikes of iron. This item is adorned with hanging rings of iron."

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 01:48:08 am »

If you ask me, Travel mode should be taken out completely. Toady can make the wilderness interesting enough for sure. I want to get a quest to deliver a message across the world and spend 6 game years delivering it. (When/If new quest types are introduced.)
Pages: [1] 2