Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf's "Admire" Range  (Read 648 times)

Aristoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf's "Admire" Range
« on: June 10, 2009, 09:07:55 am »

Quick question:

How far can/will a dwarf admire something?  Will they go out of their way, or only if they get within X number of spaces.

I ask because I am adding windows into some large bedrooms and ascetically I'd like them in the far corners (where they would not often walk) but I could put it right over the bed where I know the resident will see it.  The window is in the defined room and has increased the value.  Is it different if the item is in a room owned by the dwarf?

Thanks for the help!

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf's "Admire" Range
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 09:14:18 am »

Opinions vary. Fairly widely.  :P

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 09:45:16 am »

I noticed that my dwarves were moving to an artifact cabinet i built in the corner of my dining hall. They actually moved there and then moved away with a happy thought. So i think they'll just take a look at it themselves automatically  ;D

EDIT: Ignore the above, i just saw they went there with the "check chest" task. Which means they just look at their stuff like they do in their own rooms. They did admire it though.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 09:56:59 am by Scruga »
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

Aristoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 02:40:40 pm »

Thanks for the replies, I guess I'll just take my chances.