Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Removing Wood Floors  (Read 1098 times)

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
Re: Removing Wood Floors
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 11:15:11 am »

Oh yea, just realized something, I've noticed that floors can apparently be marked for dumping (actually, their base material is marked), so maybe you accidentially forbid it?

Aha!  Good call - that's where I'm putting my money.

I bet oneman went into z-stocks and <f>orbid all maple/wood, not realizing that forbids finished products as well as raw materials.

On the bright side, it's not as bad as going into z-stocks and forbidding a type of stone, and not realizing you've also forbidden every workshop that was built with that type of stone!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 11:28:12 am »

@Torne: You can always change the keybindings to something else. I did that with the secondary cursor movements since I didn't like the way it was set (used the - and + keys) and used the ctrl+ up and down arrows.

@Albedo: Yea, I noticed the dumping thing in another fort when I was using the flooring method to clear out murky pool tiles and was dumping stone from previous flooring that got deconstructed and noticed the stones from newer deconstructs dissapearing. That and I noticed the roof a level above also got selected for dumping when I had selected an entire level to dump wood since I wanted to clean it up a bit. It didn't stop the dwarves from deconstructing the floor.

Whats so special about maple anyway?

onemanbandman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 12:33:52 pm »

Hmm I dont exactly know what you all are talking about im only First Chapter in Tiny Pirates Tutorial so I am only slightly familiar with farms, the mason and carpenters workshop, and piles, haha im very new to the game.

But that doesnt mean that it isnt plausible what you are saying, I think that could be the case, sometimes I press the wrong key, which brings me in a menu, and then I press another without looking. So that could be the case, I hope I dont encounter it to much in my future games. But a lot of thanks, it is already obvious that the community here is eager to help, great to see, thanks a lot!
Pages: 1 [2]