Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Removing Wood Floors  (Read 1096 times)

onemanbandman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Removing Wood Floors
« on: June 10, 2009, 07:16:01 am »

Hi everyone im new here this is my first post, so before hand im sorry for
asking such a lame question. But how do I go about removing wooden floors,
I have this really nice thing going and these do not fit with the rest of the Stone floors.
I have tried Remove Designation and Construction but it wont register the floors so I cant delete them.
Anything else I can try?

Thanks in advance!

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
Re: Removing Wood Floors
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 07:25:41 am »

Perhaps it is a wooden wall 1 z-level below? You could make them stone by removing the wall or by building a stone floor over it.
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

onemanbandman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 07:29:36 am »

Thanks but sorry it really is a wooden floor, I selected the wrong material when building it I wanted a stone floor like the rest of the floors in that area. And I cant build anything there anymore because it says there is already a consttruction present.

I have the same problem with Paths when I try to remove those it is not possible as well, and it really has to be deletable or else my Trade Depot wont have a door ;)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 07:31:15 am by onemanbandman »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 07:35:12 am »

Is it already built? If not, you should be able to use q and then x to cancel it.

onemanbandman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 07:38:24 am »

Sorry it is already built, that is the problem. The paths are gone now I could delete those and replace it with a Stone path.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 07:54:50 am »

To make double sure, the way it should work, is to use <d>, <n> - at which point any and all constructions that were built with the < b >, <C> keys start flashing green if your current view is on the same z-level as they are.

Then you either  left click the mouse on the tiles you want to de-construct, or navigate w/ the cursor & hit <Enter> twice to designate opposite corners of a large rectangle.

If that's not working... I dunno what to suggest, except look for it  in the bugs subforum and then if not found, report it*.

(afterthought - or check your caplocks???)

onemanbandman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 08:07:40 am »

Oops did make one mistake it isnt a Wooden Floor, its a Maple Road. When I select remove constructions it does not flash greem with the "C" on it, so I dont know with what to remove it then since every other path is not a construction ofcourse as well. Are there things I can build on top of it and deconstruct again perhaps?

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 08:13:47 am »

a road should be q x removable  ???
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 08:16:05 am »

Aha!

Maple???!!! Ooooh - that's bad, very bad...

a road should be q x removable  ???

This.  ;)

onemanbandman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 08:55:16 am »

Have to put this in Bugs then because it doesnt seem to register, stupid thing is when I want to build something over it it says cant be build here Building in the way :S

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 09:00:47 am »

Maybe if you upload the save, we can help out.

Also, are you using any mods or did you tweak anything in the raws?

Anyways, yea, q + x works for built structures and unconstructed ones. Except for walls and floors.

onemanbandman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 09:09:25 am »

Well its a common problem I encounter more often, it isnt happening for the first time that is the thing. Well I am using "mods" in a way I am using Mike Maydays Graphics version of Dwarf Fortress, could that be why this is happening?

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 09:13:14 am »

Never used it, but the MM package has been reported to have some odd tweaks behind the scenes.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 09:18:14 am »

I have that too, so maybe I can check it out. A graphics only mod (which is what Mayday is) shouldn't affect the game itself. I generally use stone for floors and haven't had any problems.

Although I think there is a bug related to the rooms menu and pressing q when looking at a zone. That one is a minor bug, but annoying still.

I'll take a look at it in my game later today. Probably put it in some far corner of the map where it won't be in the way of future projects.

Oh yea, just realized something, I've noticed that floors can apparently be marked for dumping (actually, their base material is marked), so maybe you accidentially forbid it?

Edit: What Albedo said. Perhaps it's something that Mike Mayday needs to take a look at.

torne

• Bay Watcher
  • arf arf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 11:04:43 am »

I can select roads (tested with several materials including wood) with q and then remove them with x, with mayday's version. The changes in mayday's version are some of the keybindings for scrolling, the catmouth fix, changed tiles for a number of creatures, accent removal, the economic stones mod, and some of the init settings. Can't see how any of those would be relevant here.
Pages: [1] 2