Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375957 times)

Dageshka

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2009, 08:38:09 pm »

Well, I'm fairly certain the game was on a CD called "1000 Best Games For Windows", by Cosmi.  Unfortunately, my searches haven't turned up anywhere to download it, and I don't particularly feel like spending several dollars when I'm not even sure the game is on there. :P

Anyway... This game was, from what I remember, a primitive 3d roguelike.  You had a party of four or five kids -- yes, kids.  The plot for this game was weird.  The protagonists were school kids and the baddie was... a scientist I think?  Don't remember very clearly.  Anyway, these kids went through maze-like labyrinths, having to worry about food/water, etc.  Now, to my knowledge these kids couldn't die.  At most, they would pass out for a while.  Maybe if they all passed out in battle you lost.  I honestly can't remember.  Hell, I can't even remember if the game was turn-based or realtime.  But for my sporadic efforts to find such a game, I've turned up nothing.  Probably never will, either. Just not enough info to go on.  If only I could remember the title.  Oh well... :-\

Maybe, "The Inside World" from The Softgame Company of Vermont?

Dageshka

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2009, 06:53:29 pm »

Can't remember the name of a game. It seems to me now that it contained smth like Chewy or Chase. Played it not later than 1999, PC, there was 100% windows version, but maybe also dos one as well (found it on the compilation CD "1000+ great games for Windows"). The game is a sort of pac-man clone, but the "animal" you play for wasn't the traditional yellow "roly-poly", it was smth "head and legs" running and eating along the level's field. I know that there were and are many pac-man clones, but this game still differs in some ways.
It's surely NOT Digger, Cd-man and Jewel Chase.
Thanks for help!

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2009, 12:14:31 pm »

Okay, I'm trying to find an old PC game. You play as a guy who's uncle died or something, and you go to where he died and start mining. There's around ten stages or so, and each stage is one screen large. You'd be jackhammering your way through the ground looking for valuable minerals and the like, and could buy upgrades from this store guy. You couldn't just tunnel your way around carelessly, though, because occasionally you'll run into a tile of gas or water and you'd have to hoof it. And if you tunnel around too much the mine would collapse on you, but to stave this off you could erect supports for no cost. Once you'd gotten enough cash you could either keep mining or go to the store guy and tell him to pack up and proceed to the next level. Supplies would cost more each level, and when you get to the deeper levels you need to buy stuff like oxygen packs and so forth. Eventually you'd run into bedrock that you'd have to dig around, among other things, and you'd have to avoid dangerous animals and the like.

I know I couldn't be the only one to have played this. The first person to find it gets an E-hug.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2009, 04:31:31 am »

Freeware zombie survival game I feel stupid cause I know it was in this section somewhere but for the life of me I cannot find it.

Edit:NVM Found it.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 05:51:20 am by Flintus10 »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 24, 2009, 08:26:00 pm »

Fairly old, swords & sorcery type RPG. The plot involved a lot of time travel, but it was pretty much streamlined. You couldn't arbitrarily choose to travel through time when you wanted to. Travel was a function of the story line. Once you beat a boss, you'd get a sequence from your wizard mentor and you'd be moved to the next time you had to do something at. There were three games in this series. I'm pretty sure it was a PC game, not a console game. Game was top-view, 2d and in color. When traveling through dungeons, areas for which you didn't have proper line of sight were blacked out. You were only allowed a single character, not a party.

Aha! I found it! Questron II Though looks like there were only two in the series, not three.

ryak2002

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Computerdwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2009, 03:47:53 pm »

I have a game that i remember from waaaaaay back that i've never been able to find any trace of when i go back to look for it.

It's an RPG for the Atari that i believe was in the standard old style D&D where you had several characters and there were a bunch of dungeons and other standard fare to explore and one scene in particular i remember where you enter a cave and some smugglers demand a password or they attack you.

You get like 5 choices then it goes like this:

You: The password is uhh Gold?

Them: Thats not the password! who are you? Whats the password?

You: The password is ATTACK!!!!!!!

Then you fight.

Yeah its not much to go on :/
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 06:11:11 pm by ryak2002 »
Dwarf: Excuse me, sir.  This !!x cave spider silk tunic x!! is on fire.<BR>Store Clerk: Oh, how about half price?<BR>Dwarf: deal!

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 02, 2010, 04:59:01 pm »

There is a game I used to play back in 2001 on the internet. It was single player and was a turn-based squad game. You played as humans in Mechs, kinda like gundams and each team had 3. When one of your team's Mech would run out of health the pilot would eject out of the back with this capsule like thing and fly straight up. The game was 3-D and I think was made with Java and played of some old website that I think was Japanese.
That's all I really remember.
Thanks for the help.
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 06, 2010, 01:25:02 pm »

There is a game I used to play back in 2001 on the internet. It was single player and was a turn-based squad game. You played as humans in Mechs, kinda like gundams and each team had 3. When one of your team's Mech would run out of health the pilot would eject out of the back with this capsule like thing and fly straight up. The game was 3-D and I think was made with Java and played of some old website that I think was Japanese.
That's all I really remember.
Thanks for the help.

well if it wasn't a flash game then i'd say it's likely to be mech assualt or mech warrior  ???
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 07, 2010, 05:11:22 am »

Or Mech Commander, but that's neither turn-based nor made in Java.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 07, 2010, 03:32:59 pm »

there was one like that which was 3d realtime, and you could run around on foot also.  you had this "ejection ray" that would make people pop out of their vehicles, and then you could climb in and pilot their mech.

it was kinda silly, actually.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #130 on: January 08, 2010, 04:00:55 am »

there was one like that which was 3d realtime, and you could run around on foot also.  you had this "ejection ray" that would make people pop out of their vehicles, and then you could climb in and pilot their mech.

it was kinda silly, actually.
MechAssault 2?

That's the last title I recall that allows that. In fact, one mission (an early one, while at that; it was even a demo mission), you must hijack 3 mechs and return them to your dropship.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 08, 2010, 05:12:29 am »

A hybrid between a first-person tank game and RTS.
Had to build/land your factories on geysers for the geothermal power.
All weapons drew from one ammo gauge but in varying amounts.
Could get out, snipe someone from the pilot's seat and take their vehicle.

90% sure nineties.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 08, 2010, 07:13:47 am »

Aah! I know that one! Lemme consult the Oracle read through my issues of Gamer's Workshop. Woot, first time I might actually turn out helpful in such a thread!

Should be Battlezone 2. Never played it, but it's a combined RTS/FPS/Vehicle simulator, you can build giant Guntowers and stuff. If not, perhaps Battlezone 1, about which I know nothing.

What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 08, 2010, 06:23:09 pm »

perhaps Battlezone 1, about which I know nothing.

Looks like it's battlezone 1. Whee!
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2010, 11:17:52 am »

I didn't really forget the name of the game, but I DID forget where the hell I downloaded it from. Master of Orion 2..... I downloaded it for free somewhere, and I can't find the link again....
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 204