Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376642 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

If you need another early sci-fi RPG there's Albion, but that's for DOS and not console.

Kitty titties

Also, Albion is tricksy. Right from the very beginning you can start off with an actual weapon if you're careful and try to bend the rules.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm looking for a game that was a topdown spaceship shmup that I played when I was in highschool, maybe around 2007?, and I can't remember the name of it now. It was a simple game, where you have a single enemy, and every time you kill it, the next stage has it back bigger and stronger than before. It 'evolved' in accordance with how you killed it previously, so if you won by flying behind it and attacking its back, it would come back with extra armor and weapons on its back. Same thing for the front, and both sides. Eventually it'd get so goddamn big that it just consumed almost the entire screen and fighting it was nigh-impossible at that point.

You only had one weapon, a gatling bullet cannon, and you could either increase or decrease the spread of the bullets, and control where it was aimed, but that was it.

It was a free download game off the internet, and I really enjoyed it, I just can't remember the name of it...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Yeh, dat's Warning Forever. Took some googling to remember the name, too, but it popped up eventually!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

Seems like a longshot, but I've always wondered if a game I remembered seeing ages ago was real.

I remember it being a tycoon game from the early-mid 2000s. Right around when that genre was popular, anyway. Premise was that you were running a game preserve for hunters. I only ever saw recall seeing it as an ad in a magazine, and then I couldn't find the magazine again.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

I'm looking for a game that was a topdown spaceship shmup that I played when I was in highschool, maybe around 2007?, and I can't remember the name of it now. It was a simple game, where you have a single enemy, and every time you kill it, the next stage has it back bigger and stronger than before. It 'evolved' in accordance with how you killed it previously, so if you won by flying behind it and attacking its back, it would come back with extra armor and weapons on its back. Same thing for the front, and both sides. Eventually it'd get so goddamn big that it just consumed almost the entire screen and fighting it was nigh-impossible at that point.

You only had one weapon, a gatling bullet cannon, and you could either increase or decrease the spread of the bullets, and control where it was aimed, but that was it.

It was a free download game off the internet, and I really enjoyed it, I just can't remember the name of it...
Oh wild, someone else was asking about that early this year since Toady described it.  Yeah, Warning Forever.  It's the kind of intense fun that doesn't take up much time, but makes good use of every second.  A danmaku but without any story hooks to keep you going - only the pure gameplay that makes it timeless.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks, that satisfies that irksome feeling of forgetting something that I feel I SHOULD be able to remember, but just can't.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seems like a longshot, but I've always wondered if a game I remembered seeing ages ago was real.

I remember it being a tycoon game from the early-mid 2000s. Right around when that genre was popular, anyway. Premise was that you were running a game preserve for hunters. I only ever saw recall seeing it as an ad in a magazine, and then I couldn't find the magazine again.

OK ... I'm assuming it's not Sim Safari . . .
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

You know, it might be SimPark. I’ll look for ads, see if I recognize anything.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #2888 on: October 29, 2021, 11:41:45 pm »

I'm going to try asking for this game again. It was a game where your character played some sort of mage and ran around killing monsters and doing quests. You could cast spells of various different elements, and the more you used an element, the more your body would change to fit which element you used the most (different clothes, facial hair, maybe some horns) and different bodyparts would change at a time, so you could mix and match them.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: October 30, 2021, 12:35:22 am »

Any idea so far as system, general timeframe, aesthetics or gameplay (turn based?), etc.?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: October 30, 2021, 01:38:23 pm »

I want to say it's a game I know, but the closest thing I can remember is called Evolva, and it's not it.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: November 01, 2021, 02:10:06 pm »

I'm going to try asking for this game again. It was a game where your character played some sort of mage and ran around killing monsters and doing quests. You could cast spells of various different elements, and the more you used an element, the more your body would change to fit which element you used the most (different clothes, facial hair, maybe some horns) and different bodyparts would change at a time, so you could mix and match them.

Maybe Dawn of Magic 2?
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: November 02, 2021, 10:18:39 am »

Maybe Dawn of Magic 2?
Oh! That's why I thought I remembered it! :D

It's a russian game, I read about it in Igromania way back when. "Blood Magic" (well, "Magic of Blood") is its local name.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: November 03, 2021, 12:28:09 am »

Any idea so far as system, general timeframe, aesthetics or gameplay (turn based?), etc.?

I'd guess it was for the PS2, if not some random game I downloaded off one of those old "buy this and get access to hundreds of titles!" business models that used to exist. The graphics were definitely old enough. It was a real-time behind-the-shoulder game.

Maybe Dawn of Magic 2?
That looks sooooo familiar. But I don't remember the characters, I don't remember having armor to equip, I remember the camera being more over the shoulder, and it doesn't look like you transform based off magic usage anytime soon, while i remember it happening rather quickly. But WOW does that spell book look familiar.

That's got to be it, right? I'll just chalk the differences up to my false memories.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 12:29:49 am by Micro102 »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: November 03, 2021, 12:09:47 pm »

That's got to be it, right? I'll just chalk the differences up to my false memories.
You may just be remembering the original game. DoM 2 is basically an expansion of the original 'Dawn of Magic' - after Blood Magic 2 failed to happen the publisher renamed the 'export version' of Blood Magic: Time of Shadows as a sequel.

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 204