Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376376 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

A mecha game around the time of MW4, so 2002-ish.  Gameplay/graphics like Mechwarrior 3/4, except that the mechas switched into a "glide" mode to move faster.  Somewhat more anime than mechwarrior (I know, right?  But no, actually pretty anime).

As if Strike Suit Zero was around back then, for ground battles.  To the point that I have a strong impression that the game was developed in Asia for American markets, but I do think it was localized.

A 2000's mecha game about gliding around on uneven terrain.
Felt a lot like Tribes but mecha.

I never even played it, my brother did but can't remember.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

My bro came online and got it in 5 freaking minutes from me asking, "Heavy Gear".
Sorry, I assumed he wouldn't remember.  I maybe should have known better, he's almost as good as I am for old games :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

fondfoat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Just checked this out a couple of weeks ago and forgotten what is was called already.

ASCII game which has had a long development cycle. Just been updated to include conversations such as insults and greetings.
Pax something maybe?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

It's here on the forums. I totes forget the name right now, but it should be pretty easily searchable. Let me find that shit for you.

EDIT: pretty certain you're looking for "Ultima Ratio Regum."
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 10:47:06 am by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

fondfoat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Thanks a bunch

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

A PC game where your spying on people due to a volunteering program. Where things have become somewhat police statish due to a bomb going off.
Photobomb? Or perhaps you're thinking of Beholder.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really doubt anyone will be able to figure this one out, but it's bugging me not knowing what this game was.

It was a N64 game on a black cartridge. You had a base and would send out resource collectors (could even pilot one yourself) and build structures. You normally piloted your own hover-tank type ship. I never really got far in it as it was either buggy or I was too young and stupid to figure out the controls.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

I really doubt anyone will be able to figure this one out, but it's bugging me not knowing what this game was.

It was a N64 game on a black cartridge. You had a base and would send out resource collectors (could even pilot one yourself) and build structures. You normally piloted your own hover-tank type ship. I never really got far in it as it was either buggy or I was too young and stupid to figure out the controls.
While personal experience immediately points me to the game Uprising 2, that one was never made for the N64. Which makes me think the next most probable title, Battlezone. Specifically, Battlezone: Rise of the Black Dogs.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile

Instantly reminded me of Battlezone, which actually has a N64 version called Battlezone: Rise of the Black Dogs
Moby Games: http://www.mobygames.com/game/battlezone-rise-of-the-black-dogs

The PC version's (which was awesome, at least back in the day) redux version is actually currently on sale in GOG:
https://www.gog.com/game/battlezone_98_redux

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Yeah, that's almost certainly battlezone. Could swear I remember death from above-ing things occasionally with those resource collectors, out of desperation.

... I don't remember it going very well, but sometimes it at least kept loss from happening as quickly :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile

God. I wish there was a way to digitally purchase Battlezone 2. I really liked that game and apparently it even still gets unofficial patches from its original developers, but the only way to get it is ordering it online for at least ~$20.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holy shit, that's it. And three people knew what it was. Awesome. Now....to look for an emulator.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was this game in development a while back that was basically reverse X-COM: You controlled an alien force in an isometric TBT game that was trying to take over the Earth. I think it had some kind of shoddy tech demo and might've gone to development Hell in the meantime, but I'm really curious about what it was called. I know for a fact it wasn't the ill-fated UFO: The Two Sides game that was closed for copyright concerns.

Been a bit since you posted, but I do not see any responses.

Isomer I believe, though I have only heard of it and not played it.

Yep, it is in development hell.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

A WW2 strategy game on hex map...

Yeah I know it's not much, but that's all I know. It was made about early-to-mid-2000s. Besides usual land strategizing, you could also put your submarines on certain areas to 'disrupt enemy merchant fleets', causing them to lose money. You could also move your units 'by train' over long distances.

Various tiles were present, from forests, to hills, to mountains, also fortifications, mines, oil fields and ports, all which could affect enemy's economy and logistics if they were struck hard enough (everyone had 10hp but lowest the cities/resources would get to was 1hp).

You could unlock new units by putting money into Research, and I remember V2 rockets and mobile rocketry being present in game.

I also remember that there were many scenarios based on German 'operations', providing actual strategic dispositions; from September 1939 to Operation Barbarossa, if I'm not mistaken. I don't think that any other place than European theatre was available.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 03:12:54 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

The problem is there's a lot of games that are WW2 Strategy games on a hex map.

Strategic War in Europe, Panzer Corps, and Unity of Command all fit that description but may be too recent.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 204