Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376383 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Alright, so this one just popped up recently and has been bugging me. Might need to find a different search engine to use because Google is taking the fucking piss.

Fairly recent release, within the past 2-3 years, I believe. Never actually played it, but I remember seeing the trailer.

Basic gist of the storyline was that the entirety of the old and prosperous kingdom had been overrun and conquered by the forces of darkness, which apparently meant goblins. All the previous settlements and forts had been captured, so the last remaining bastion of knights and engineers decided that they'd build a mighty castle on the back of a giant beast, and then retake the old kingdom through reverse-siege warfare by just lumbering the castle everywhere.

Sidescrolling, some amount of customization for the castle such as which parapets go where and what's loaded on them, and I think there were the standard fare of upgrades and enhancements and whatnot. Each level was just your legged stronghold walking along while the towers shoot everything down.

Steam's search engine is being unhelpful, and Google is being uniquely stupid. Any mention of "castle" just floods me with Castle Crashers videos, "settlement" gets me Fallout 4, and everything else I've thought of so far has been similarly useless.  I'm *reasonably* certain it did release on Steam, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what tags it might have been listed with.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... part of me doubts it was what you were looking for, but there's a mobile game called shellrazer that seems to meet a lot of those qualifiers.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Hmm, nope... That's not the one, but it does indeed bear significant similarity.

From what I recall, this game's pretty much the same deal as that, just with a different kind of beastie and a more castle-y shape to the towers on its back.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Hmm, nope... That's not the one, but it does indeed bear significant similarity.

From what I recall, this game's pretty much the same deal as that, just with a different kind of beastie and a more castle-y shape to the towers on its back.
It's Roaming Fortress.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

It's Roaming Fortress.

Ayup, that's the one! Thanks, this has been bothering me unnecessarily, heh...

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was this game in development a while back that was basically reverse X-COM: You controlled an alien force in an isometric TBT game that was trying to take over the Earth. I think it had some kind of shoddy tech demo and might've gone to development Hell in the meantime, but I'm really curious about what it was called. I know for a fact it wasn't the ill-fated UFO: The Two Sides game that was closed for copyright concerns.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

A planet colonization game. You hopped from planet to planet, gaining better techs but meeting stronger opposition.

You had to carefully balance your 'energy', you could build power plants but needed colonists to run them, but colonist settlements needed power, and so on. I remember the game having an Academy where you could train/build advanced soldiers, plus a 'design bureau' where you developed techs.

Oh and there were transceivers to send power to places where you couldn't/didn't want to build power plants at.

The only movable structure was your Mothership, the primary source of energy and colonists. Thus the scenarios looked like this:

Mothership lands on planet -> build infrastructure -> build army -> research stuff -> destroy opposition -> fly to next planet, rinse&repeat.

It was a game from about 1998-2000.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

Mothership puts me in mind of Urban Assault though I don't think that's the game you're looking for. There were other games similar to that one, I think one was called Battle Zone or similar. These are 3D RTS that some had the ability to 1st person control units.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

I think it was top-down perspective, actually, rather than anything 3D ;v
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A planet colonization game. You hopped from planet to planet, gaining better techs but meeting stronger opposition.

You had to carefully balance your 'energy', you could build power plants but needed colonists to run them, but colonist settlements needed power, and so on. I remember the game having an Academy where you could train/build advanced soldiers, plus a 'design bureau' where you developed techs.

Oh and there were transceivers to send power to places where you couldn't/didn't want to build power plants at.

The only movable structure was your Mothership, the primary source of energy and colonists. Thus the scenarios looked like this:

Mothership lands on planet -> build infrastructure -> build army -> research stuff -> destroy opposition -> fly to next planet, rinse&repeat.

It was a game from about 1998-2000.

I'll take a punt. Mission:Humanity.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

:V

Holy shit are you a wizzard.

THAT'S IT!

* Haspen showers marples with internets
SigFlags!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was a Playstation 2 game. The premise of the game was that you had to buy Mechas and battle them in short deathmatch style matches, where you would win money to buy better Mechs and equipment. I don't remember a whole lot else, I remember that the game took place in a "virtual reality" type online thing (but not with actual online play, that was just part of the plot). Also remember that each mech could have four weapons, one per L and R trigger. That's about all I've got.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Armored Core?

Though you weren't really buying new mecha, just new chunks to put back together.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was a Playstation 2 game. The premise of the game was that you had to buy Mechas and battle them in short deathmatch style matches, where you would win money to buy better Mechs and equipment. I don't remember a whole lot else, I remember that the game took place in a "virtual reality" type online thing (but not with actual online play, that was just part of the plot). Also remember that each mech could have four weapons, one per L and R trigger. That's about all I've got.
Armored Core?

Though you weren't really buying new mecha, just new chunks to put back together.

That wasn't it, though I appreciate the assist! I found it, after going through a few random forum threads I found on Google.

The game was Steel Lancer Arena International. The music is definitely what stuck out the most to me, heard it and was like "nope this is it!"
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A PC game where your spying on people due to a volunteering program. Where things have become somewhat police statish due to a bomb going off.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 204