Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376369 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Was it a computer game or...?
It was singleplayer to my knowledge.
 I think it had a top down perspective? and im pretty sure it was 8bit or otherwise low quality resolution

popup saying you died with a textbox and a skull and crossbones.

The closest I've gotten to identifying this game was Geneforge
I feel pretty safe in saying it was  ;)
The only thing in that post that could remotely specify it as a computer game is the possibility that it might have been Geneforge. It could have been any number of Gameboy games instead; plenty of them involved summoning monsters with low resolution.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile

Was it a computer game or...?
It was singleplayer to my knowledge.
 I think it had a top down perspective? and im pretty sure it was 8bit or otherwise low quality resolution

popup saying you died with a textbox and a skull and crossbones.

The closest I've gotten to identifying this game was Geneforge
I feel pretty safe in saying it was  ;)
The only thing in that post that could remotely specify it as a computer game is the possibility that it might have been Geneforge. It could have been any number of Gameboy games instead; plenty of them involved summoning monsters with low resolution.

It was a computer game. I'll edit my  post
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was going to suggest it was Vantage Master, but I dug up the copy I still have on my computer and intentionally died, and the loss message is "<player> has Losted!!" with no skull. It also appears to have 16-bit graphics, not 8-bit. It also runs like crap in Windows 7.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was going to suggest it was Vantage Master, but I dug up the copy I still have on my computer and intentionally died, and the loss message is "<player> has Losted!!" with no skull. It also appears to have 16-bit graphics, not 8-bit. It also runs like crap in Windows 7.

It could be. My memory of it is so poor that it would require something to jog my memory, if I were to play it. But I've always remembered it and wanted to see it again. But I dont think this is it
"zzz"

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Ingame screenshot (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile

A game where you are a bubblegum chewing, baseball cap wearing kid, exploring underground tunnels. A mid 90s platformer.

Maybe it's not on PC. I played this one at school back in the day.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A game where you are a bubblegum chewing, baseball cap wearing kid, exploring underground tunnels. A mid 90s platformer.

StarTropics? Nevermind, that one is older than 90s.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Monster Bash?

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The graphics were a bit better than either of those. That's one of the reasons I'm trying to remember what it was. It was a very pretty looking game.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I googled "90s platformer, bubblegum", and it came up right away. ;-)

"Magic Pockets".

http://www.myabandonware.com/game/magic-pockets-1gj

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maaan.... hadn't heard this in a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3U7FyKdBS4

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

I did not play this game, nor have I ever heard of it before now, but damned if that screenshot doesn't soothe my neckbeard soul

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I.. don't think it was that. :I It doesn't jog my memory
"zzz"

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, let's see if anyone remembers/has it bookmarked still:

There was a game posted on here created by a forumgoer. Turn-based space strategy game, you play as the leader of the human empire and you need to guide it's growth and protect it from the xenos threats that lurk on all sides. You don't have full micromanagement controls, but can set planet priorities. Research side, most innovations lead to a new class of ship. On the military side, you command up to five fleets, which are divided into smaller squadrons. You can set what the size of the squadron should be by number of ships per class, and the AI manages building the ships, getting them to the squadrons, and keeping the squadrons (roughly) reinforced.

I've wanted to find the game back to see how it's going, but I haven't had any luck yet.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Hey, let's see if anyone remembers/has it bookmarked still:

There was a game posted on here created by a forumgoer. Turn-based space strategy game, you play as the leader of the human empire and you need to guide it's growth and protect it from the xenos threats that lurk on all sides. You don't have full micromanagement controls, but can set planet priorities. Research side, most innovations lead to a new class of ship. On the military side, you command up to five fleets, which are divided into smaller squadrons. You can set what the size of the squadron should be by number of ships per class, and the AI manages building the ships, getting them to the squadrons, and keeping the squadrons (roughly) reinforced.

I've wanted to find the game back to see how it's going, but I haven't had any luck yet.
This?
http://www.silverlemurgames.com/stellarmonarch/
Used to be called 'Pocket space empire', iirc.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 204