Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376358 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #2355 on: January 05, 2017, 02:24:57 pm »

Shot in the dark since I'm not 100% sure it actually has those features, but Wayward Terran Frontier?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: January 05, 2017, 02:32:55 pm »

Shot in the dark since I'm not 100% sure it actually has those features, but Wayward Terran Frontier?

Yes. That's the one. Thanks a ton.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: February 02, 2017, 05:11:24 pm »

Now might be a tough one...

It was sci-fi side-scrolling shooter. It was released ~2000 I guess.

It was about small ship coming toward armada of aliens and of course blowing it up. Main bosses were mostly giant ships/robots which often 'opened' themselves to shoot out giant laser at you. Giant lasers of eveyr kind were basically everywhere in this game.

The objects in the game were comprised mostly of spherical/eliptic shapes and thanks to the cheap shading, they 'looked' as if they were 3D.

It had some backstory that you learned about after finishing the game. I also remember there was a mission with Jupiter in the background and the boss of that area looked like a tank.

I also think the game started with 'A' and ended with 'gi', the title sounded kinda japanese. I might be totally wrong about that part, though.

I still haven't found out what's this one game, pls help .<.

EDIT: And to pre-empt: not Gradius series, not Ikaruga, not Einhander. PC-ish game of sorts, first half of 2000s definitely.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 05:15:59 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: February 03, 2017, 01:12:19 pm »

... if it helps any, there doesn't appear to be any shmups on the PC that end in -gi. None of the ones that start with A seem to be what you're looking for, either, at least when I skimmed through 'em.

Would you happen to remember any of the weapons the player could use?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: February 03, 2017, 02:27:49 pm »

Pretty positive there was a standard peashooter, and also at least two or three different types of beams v:

It wasn't a bullet hell, for sure; there was never as many enemies/projectiles on the screen at once.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: February 03, 2017, 05:00:25 pm »

I have a similar one, I think it was PSOne port since it didn't have an actual exit game button and was something japanese most probably because of the style and certain illustrations you could get, could've been based on an anime even for all I know. It was a top down shmup that took you over a number of different areas usually fighting lots of different robotic enemies before a giant boss thing. I remember the first level being a city which ended in a fight against a giant robotic cerberus thing. I know there was a lava/desert level of sorts that I think ended in a giant robot worm thing and the last level/bonus level since I'm not sure I got it every time was in this trippy wormhole area and I think you fought a singularity or something at the end, I think it was a colorful egg or something that fired various everything at you. You had three ships to choose from at first, all with different weapons and then after you beat the game or something three more got unlocked which were kinda like upgraded versions of the basic ones. It also had a gallery of sorts where you could view ship and enemy art.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Blade312

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: February 07, 2017, 01:13:29 am »

Does anyone know the name of this browser game that is an mmo where you have a party of characters(humans, elves, dwarves, maybe other races) and you can go around killing things and doing quests, eventually saving up money to do things like build towns and claim land? I'm pretty sure there was a dwarf fortress related player group in the game too, so hopefully someone here can recognize my bad description.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: February 07, 2017, 01:21:26 am »

Does anyone know the name of this browser game that is an mmo where you have a party of characters(humans, elves, dwarves, maybe other races) and you can go around killing things and doing quests, eventually saving up money to do things like build towns and claim land? I'm pretty sure there was a dwarf fortress related player group in the game too, so hopefully someone here can recognize my bad description.

Wurm Online maybe?

I have a similar one, I think it was PSOne port since it didn't have an actual exit game button and was something japanese most probably because of the style and certain illustrations you could get, could've been based on an anime even for all I know. It was a top down shmup that took you over a number of different areas usually fighting lots of different robotic enemies before a giant boss thing. I remember the first level being a city which ended in a fight against a giant robotic cerberus thing. I know there was a lava/desert level of sorts that I think ended in a giant robot worm thing and the last level/bonus level since I'm not sure I got it every time was in this trippy wormhole area and I think you fought a singularity or something at the end, I think it was a colorful egg or something that fired various everything at you. You had three ships to choose from at first, all with different weapons and then after you beat the game or something three more got unlocked which were kinda like upgraded versions of the basic ones. It also had a gallery of sorts where you could view ship and enemy art.

Huh, I think I remember those things too now O:
SigFlags!

Blade312

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: February 07, 2017, 01:24:37 am »

After some digging, I found out that it was Crown of Conquest.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: February 09, 2017, 06:49:21 pm »

After some digging, I found out that it was Crown of Conquest.
Oh hey, this is exactly what I was going to ask about! Thanks!

Avanti!

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: February 12, 2017, 07:57:12 am »

So exploring the dark tiles heals you and restores mp.

You pick the level you want to play from an unlockable list.

There's a  blue warrior-ish guy with a horned helmet

a library, and a factory.

and man o' meat is an enemy.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: February 12, 2017, 08:18:52 am »

So exploring the dark tiles heals you and restores mp.

You pick the level you want to play from an unlockable list.

There's a  blue warrior-ish guy with a horned helmet

a library, and a factory.

and man o' meat is an enemy.
Desktop Dungeons
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: February 27, 2017, 12:18:12 pm »

Wasn't there some browser game that was used to help create strategies to fight piracy in south africa? I recall something about how you could play as either pirates or CT and it was a sort of grand strategy deal

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

#1:

Possibly a flash game or web game (both?) that had an astronaut traverse a spacious base to destroy his archnemesis.

I think it had a sequel, and its story was that the archnemesis destroyed the civilization but the astronaut kept on with his revenge/quest anyways.

I believe the game was black&white and there was a 'Hydra' boss. The villain's base was comprised of square rooms (lots of them, in fact).

#2:

Possibly a Commodore 64 game.

You were scaling a skyscraper that was on fire, and you had to rescue people from the windows or extinguish fires in those windows so you could move past them. I remember there were flat surfaces that you couldn't traverse easily or not at all.

#3:

Another oldie game; this one had a Conan-like barbarian that was traversing a labirynth made of rooms. The game had a side-scrolling perspective of sorts. What I remember the most was that some rooms had giant pits with a tentacle that could snatch and instakill you if you tried to jump over the pit at wrong moment.

#4:

A single-map RTS where you had Nordic-esque kingdoms. I remember that the leaders had names like Eric or Olaf, and there was a cave with a dragon. Sometimes you could get invades by Russians or Mongols in white armor.

It also had an alchemy/research/magic? screen where you could get new stuff if you gathered enough gold bars and skulls for it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 07:10:35 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

Looking for a rather odd old game.

I twas an RTS and you could control your units from Ego Perspective (although not necessarily), it was something with red and blue robots...uhm what else was there...i dont remember more than that sorry.
It come out for windows 98 and should be from between 1995 and 2002/3
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 204