Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376183 times)

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A 3D action game about sword fight.I've forgot it's name.
The game is mainly about sword duel,camera view is 3rd person tracking kinda like mount&blade.
It has game mode like duel/FFA/TDM.
Characters can fly,and seems always flying.
Main feature of this game is you attack and defend with 360-degree mouse moment.
I remember the default guy is a man in black coat,matrix style,with a sword.

Determinance?

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi guys,

I’m trying to track down the name/brand of some novels I read when I was young. Not computer game, novels.

They are in the ‘Choose your own adventure” style, but closer to Fighting Fantasy or Lone Wolf play books.

From memory of the one I read years ago, there were two classes you could choose from, one might have been warlock or sorcerer and the other I believe was Mystic. It dictated what spells and actions you could take. There was a certain amount of moon worship involved in one class or the other. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

*Probably not an answer*

I played a one-off Lone Wolf style gamebook where you had to choose between a wizard and a warrior at the start, and I think you'd help and be helped by the other character over the course of the book.
Again, probably not what you're looking for, and I don't remember the name.  But just in case it triggers your memory.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This one definitely had mystic as a class. Might have had a purple robed character in front cover.

While we're talking about it, anyone remember a mechwarrior style choose your own adventure where you drive a mech?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Would you happen to have a ballpark for what year you first ran into them? That might help a titch.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Early to mid 90s. The mech one had maybe a yellow or golden colored mech in the cover. You could stock it with armaments you marked on a page inside the cover. You could exit the mech at certain points in the book and return to it.

I remember reading the mystic/sorcerer one at a friend's party...maybe it was a wedding. I remember because it was a full moon and according to the books that was important to one of the character classes.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

These?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=battletech+combat+book+game&safe=strict&espv=2&biw=1061&bih=907&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved

I seem to remember playing with an x-wing vs tie fighter pair of books that were similar, and in black&white with saddle stitch (staple) binding. There might have been a Robotech one also?  Hard to say, since the most iconic 3025 era battlemechs were cribbed from macross and a couple other anime sources -- and my memory isnt that great.

Whomever made the Star Wars one, it was different from the above.  Check out their complete listing here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamepublisher/275/nova-game-designs

They have someting called "Lost Worlds" that might be the fantasy one you remember.

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think they were strictly robo or mechwarrior pedigree. It was more for kids, more novel than game but it tracked a simple consumable. 

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Does anyone know the name of a bullet hell type game where you control a fighter plane and fight against a bunch of aliens and stuff?  Really Metal Slug-esque graphics ( probably made in the same era ) and apart from that I can't remember too many specifics.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, that can really describe pretty much anything, in the scrolling shmup genre. But if you take "fighter plane" literally, it could be Jets'N'Guns.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Yeah, is it a modern day plane against aliens?
Because there are tons of top-scrolling shooter games where you shoot aliens, probably the most famous being Tyrian 2000.  It's a fighter-shaped spaceship, and the graphics kinda remind me of Metal Slug.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

So, I'm going to give you the barest of bones to work magic with.

Late 90s - early 00s isometric RPG. Played like Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura. In fact, I'm 99% positive that Sierra made the game. The setting was post-apocalyptic/future-tech steampunk, and the protagonist was a girl with blue hair.

What the hell am I looking for? I cannot find this game!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Late 90s - early 00s isometric RPG. Played like Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura. In fact, I'm 99% positive that Sierra made the game. The setting was post-apocalyptic/future-tech steampunk, and the protagonist was a girl with blue hair.

Septerra Core?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Septerra Core?
Damn, that was fast. I've been looking for weeks. Your google fu is strong.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 204