Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376104 times)

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #2220 on: January 29, 2016, 09:50:03 am »

Any chance it was DemonStar?
*shock & awe + realization sound*
Thank. You. A TON.
I don't know what to say other than that but...seeing this and the pictures...Thanks. So much.
Bhahaha ! Happy coincidence. I just re-downloaded it a couple months ago out of nostalgia (it's one of the first games I had on a PC. Used to spend hours playing it with friends ^^)

cider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: January 30, 2016, 06:51:48 pm »

Looking for what I think is a survival RPG with loads of depth and different mechanics. I think it had a fairly dark tone (though its visual representation was not, as explained below), and there were stats for hunger/thirst/similar.  It may or may not be in Early Access on Steam, but it is definitely on Steam. Going insane over not finding this, as I've stumbled across it on Steam several times these past few weeks.

It might be an RPG Maker game. If it's not, it's visual style is very similar, from what I recall, so you can forget about NEO Scavenger or anything like that. Bit shoddy graphics - possibly sprites or cartoonish - viewed from a top-down perspective. It had received lots of praise from what I gathered.

Gonna try with this game again, see if anyone knows. I suppose I could add that I think the title begins with a U (it's not Undertale), but I'm not sure how helpful that is.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: January 30, 2016, 07:12:59 pm »

It sounds a lot like UnReal world, except for the Steam part.  Of course *Unreal* is on Steam, but totally different.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: January 30, 2016, 07:14:40 pm »

You sure it's not Unreal World? It's not on Steam proper, but it's stuck somewhere in Greenlight.

edit: Ninjas!
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

cider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: January 30, 2016, 08:28:45 pm »

You're right, that does match the description rather well, but it's not the right game.  :'( I've actually played UnReal World though, it's a good game.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: January 30, 2016, 11:44:43 pm »

Well, I looked through Steam's game list under "U" and I didn't find anything that matches. I'm pretty sure it's not "Ukrainian Ninja" because, well... Ukrainian ninja. :P

Can you remember anything about the setting? Like, zombies/not zombies, western or japanese elements, etc.

edit: Oh! Unveil. :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 11:46:29 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: January 31, 2016, 11:20:12 pm »

You're right, that does match the description rather well, but it's not the right game.  :'( I've actually played UnReal World though, it's a good game.
Hmm :/

Looking for what I think is a survival RPG with loads of depth and different mechanics. I think it had a fairly dark tone (though its visual representation was not, as explained below), and there were stats for hunger/thirst/similar.  It may or may not be in Early Access on Steam, but it is definitely on Steam. Going insane over not finding this, as I've stumbled across it on Steam several times these past few weeks.

It might be an RPG Maker game. If it's not, it's visual style is very similar, from what I recall, so you can forget about NEO Scavenger or anything like that. Bit shoddy graphics - possibly sprites or cartoonish - viewed from a top-down perspective. It had received lots of praise from what I gathered.
More details on the genre perhaps? Can you describe the possible foes present? Presence of a plot or storyline, or is it sandbox-like? Any added notes on Steam (like Singleplayer/Multiplayer? || Free/Pay-to-Play?)

I would be silly and say 'The Witch's House', but that lacks the hunger/thirst/similar. :P

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: January 31, 2016, 11:37:41 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's Unveil, Tir. I don't think there's anything that lands closer to the description. :)

cider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: February 01, 2016, 12:12:36 am »

It's, uh, not Unveil.  :-[

More details on the genre perhaps? Can you describe the possible foes present? Presence of a plot or storyline, or is it sandbox-like? Any added notes on Steam (like Singleplayer/Multiplayer? || Free/Pay-to-Play?)

I would be silly and say 'The Witch's House', but that lacks the hunger/thirst/similar. :P

I believe the time setting was present or future, with a post-apocalyptic/dystopian feel to it. I also believe the game was at least partially set in an "abandoned" (post-apoc/similar, so merely survivors left) city, and as for foes there might've been mutants among them.

As for Steam tags I've already tried with all the tags that seemed plausible, without coming across the game. But it definitely wasn't free to play, and I'm 90% sure it was singleplayer.

And maybe I'm fucking up on the "U" part. I still think the title began with a U, but if no game beginning with U fits the bill, well... then I'm wrong. :P

EDIT: I BLOODY FOUND IT! Tried googling based on my own description above and before ("rpg mutant rpgmaker hunger thirst survivor"), and the fourth hit was the game I was looking for; Waste Walker! Seems like it may have been released as "finished" a bit to early, but whatever... at least I found it!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 12:20:18 am by cider »

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: February 01, 2016, 10:15:16 am »

Okay kids, here's a good one that I was puzzling on over the weekend.

Old game.  Like came out in the early to mid 80s old (at least, that's when I remember playing it).  It was on PC, each stage was a single screen (I think), and had 3-4 platforms spanning most of the screen.  There were dinosaur eggs (I think they had timers underneath?) and would hatch eventually.  You had to collect the eggs/baby dinosaurs.  If you took too long, a big dinosaur would step on you.  I think there were other hazards on the screen?  I also think that you maybe teleported in at the beginning of each stage?  Like you were going back in time? 

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: February 01, 2016, 10:41:05 am »

Old game.  Like came out in the early to mid 80s old (at least, that's when I remember playing it).  It was on PC, each stage was a single screen (I think), and had 3-4 platforms spanning most of the screen.  There were dinosaur eggs (I think they had timers underneath?) and would hatch eventually.  You had to collect the eggs/baby dinosaurs.  If you took too long, a big dinosaur would step on you.  I think there were other hazards on the screen?  I also think that you maybe teleported in at the beginning of each stage?  Like you were going back in time?

Would that be Dino Eggs the video game?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpT6RNfomA0

There's also a remake of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27wXoOdNfbQ

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: February 02, 2016, 09:53:46 am »

Would that be Dino Eggs the video game?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpT6RNfomA0

There's also a remake of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27wXoOdNfbQ

Oh my.  That's exactly it.  I also find it incredibly humorous that someone made a remake of it.  I'll have to check both out now.  Thanks!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: February 19, 2016, 03:04:58 pm »

Guys, help me to remember the game. All I remember is that in the INTRO you start waking up from cryo sleep on the back part of your small spaceship, in something like an upright cryo tube, your partner is across from you and is dead (malfunction? meteor strike?) and then the ship crashes on planet, which you see from the cockpit and it looks pretty epic.

I think it was a 1st person quest of sorts, but I can't remember.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: February 19, 2016, 05:47:36 pm »

Guys, help me to remember the game. All I remember is that in the INTRO you start waking up from cryo sleep on the back part of your small spaceship, in something like an upright cryo tube, your partner is across from you and is dead (malfunction? meteor strike?) and then the ship crashes on planet, which you see from the cockpit and it looks pretty epic.

Morningstar

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: February 20, 2016, 02:41:31 am »

Morningstar
Mmmmh~ loved that game.

But I see one problem? From what I recall of the (epic) intro, nobody was dead yet or seemed to be dead. :P
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 204