Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376100 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #2175 on: December 21, 2015, 02:33:32 am »

There was a 2D, pixel style horror game that came out maybe 2 years ago. I remember it was a guy wandering around a house avoiding monsters and hiding behind hanging cow corpses. I think there was another character who had a box as a head or something in an outside area. You had a flashlight also.
Lone Survivor?

That's the one, thank ye. I was wanting to find a Let's Play of it but had forgotten the title.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: December 21, 2015, 11:14:45 am »

The other is actually a trailer. I remember a scene from a trailer from maybe about 4-5 years ago. It was an empty playground at night and I think it had some supernatural elements. Something tells me it might've been a trailer for "The Secret World" MMO early on but something about it makes me think the style of the trailer is different from how the game ended up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-RP9hKFoxE
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: December 22, 2015, 04:17:06 am »

The other is actually a trailer. I remember a scene from a trailer from maybe about 4-5 years ago. It was an empty playground at night and I think it had some supernatural elements. Something tells me it might've been a trailer for "The Secret World" MMO early on but something about it makes me think the style of the trailer is different from how the game ended up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-RP9hKFoxE

Yup, that's it. An interesting trailer for a game that I've heard very little about after it was released. I half thought it still wasn't released but apparently it came out in 2012. It seems to have gotten good reviews and so forth but not much hooha afterwards.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: December 22, 2015, 06:55:15 am »

Ross Scott did a pretty big video on it kind of recently, you might want to look at that.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

cider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: December 28, 2015, 02:06:34 pm »

Looking for what I think is a survival RPG with loads of depth and different mechanics. I think it had a fairly dark tone (though its visual representation was not, as explained below), and there were stats for hunger/thirst/similar.  It may or may not be in Early Access on Steam, but it is definitely on Steam. Going insane over not finding this, as I've stumbled across it on Steam several times these past few weeks.

It might be an RPG Maker game. If it's not, it's visual style is very similar, from what I recall, so you can forget about NEO Scavenger or anything like that. Bit shoddy graphics - possibly sprites or cartoonish - viewed from a top-down perspective. It had received lots of praise from what I gathered.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2180 on: December 28, 2015, 02:08:32 pm »

Sounds a bit like Don't Starve?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

cider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: December 28, 2015, 02:48:46 pm »

Not the one I'm looking for, unfortunately. When I say the visual style is really similar to RPG Maker, I mean really similar. To the point that I'm assuming it is RPG Maker, but it might not be.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: December 28, 2015, 10:14:37 pm »

I know it's been played here before. Not a video game, but a roleplaying game, pen-and-paper. It has a bunch of information that only the person running the game was allowed to know, which was a whole part of the appeal. I believe the manual had parts color-coded by "access levels" or something like that.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: December 28, 2015, 10:15:47 pm »

I know it's been played here before. Not a video game, but a roleplaying game, pen-and-paper. It has a bunch of information that only the person running the game was allowed to know, which was a whole part of the appeal. I believe the manual had parts color-coded by "access levels" or something like that.

Paranoia?

EDIT: Now with handy TvTropes link

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: December 29, 2015, 12:21:04 am »

Paranoia?

EDIT: Now with handy TvTropes link
That'd be it, thank you muchly. <3
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: December 29, 2015, 08:55:54 am »

Not the one I'm looking for, unfortunately. When I say the visual style is really similar to RPG Maker, I mean really similar. To the point that I'm assuming it is RPG Maker, but it might not be.
Was it in flash? There was a survival/farming thing (monsters would interfere with farming, like, all the time) that started with the town being burned down. Does that sound similar?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: December 29, 2015, 10:17:12 pm »

Okay this is a weird one, and technically off-topic.  I know the name of the game, but something's wrong with it.

The game is "Death Vegas" by Adult Swim.  The music doesn't work.  I've tried the versions on Kongregate, Armorgames, and the official Adult Swim site.  I've tried three different computers.  Other people are having the same problem, but it fell out of the relative limelight a few years ago.  Despite being hands down the best fighting game I've ever played (because it is actually accessible, unlike every other fighting game I've ever tried).

Does anyone know how to find an older version that works?  Or, does the current version actually work for someone?  Even that would be a useful data point.

Here's the Kongregate version.  Some of the sounds work, but the music during a match does not.  If it DOES, please, tell me.  (Including the forced tutorial).
http://www.kongregate.com/games/AdultSwimGames/death-vegas
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: December 30, 2015, 12:10:49 am »

Music works just fine for me. Sound too.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: December 30, 2015, 12:15:39 am »

Wow, it works now.  It's been broken for me for months at least, and I last checked earlier in December I swear...
Well, whatever, I'm happy!  Thanks!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: January 01, 2016, 07:19:10 pm »

Okay, so. I remember in high school (which... is now 10 years ago. Christ...) playing a browser game where you had a giant cube which you had to manipulate to make it grow into a little world. It was a puzzle kind of game and I remember it being very minimalist in terms of instructions, you just kinda did stuff and looked at what happened. I remember very little about playing it apart from I think one of the first things you did was make a waterfall and get a lot of grass on top of the cube. I remember it also had a sequel which had similar mechanics except you were doing something with animals, and IIRC the end of that one the animals merged into a rocket or something.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 204