Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376117 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #2160 on: December 17, 2015, 03:16:26 am »

I.. am quite uncertain what you would expect from a purely software "bird simulator". The control scheme via mouse and keyboard, or even a dual-analog gamepad, is hard to imagine. And birds don't have manually controllable switches that fill cockpits you could sit in, so no Flight Simulator, either.

If you want hardware though, I'm sure at least some people had ideas like that before. Quick google: http://somniacs.co/
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

jaymagik

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: December 19, 2015, 05:18:49 pm »

Hello, I'm looking for a old game, that I believe came out in the late 90's, or early 2000's. I only played it briefly. The player character was a retired merc, or somewhat traveling on vacation to an island, or country. From what I remember the controls was a little clunky, but it had good open world gameplay. You could join factions, and play them against one another. Also you could drive vehicles, in which you would have to fill up at gas stations. It's sad that I can't produce a better description. I believe it was FarCry like.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: December 19, 2015, 05:36:52 pm »

Hello, I'm looking for a old game, that I believe came out in the late 90's, or early 2000's. I only played it briefly. The player character was a retired merc, or somewhat traveling on vacation to an island, or country. From what I remember the controls was a little clunky, but it had good open world gameplay. You could join factions, and play them against one another. Also you could drive vehicles, in which you would have to fill up at gas stations. It's sad that I can't produce a better description. I believe it was FarCry like.
Perhaps Boiling Point: Road to hell (aka Xenus)? http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/boiling-point-road-to-hell-review/1900-6128286/

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: December 19, 2015, 06:52:06 pm »

Redline?

jaymagik

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: December 19, 2015, 09:32:25 pm »

Yes! It was Boiling Point! Thank you Sean! :D

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
  • Champion of the unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: December 20, 2015, 10:41:07 am »

I'm looking for a old turn based strategy game. In this game you take controll one race from many alien races and the game begins. at the beginning of the game you choose the place of your capital and you start playing game. Then you need to build buildings, research technologies, manage your citizens and resorces. You need to "place" your citizens in buildings becouse a building without citizens won't do anything. The game is set in early Sc-fi times.
his title changed to "thruthful chills"
Also known as : "Believe me when I say this guy is a psychotic murderer".

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: December 20, 2015, 10:55:02 am »

I'm looking for a old turn based strategy game. In this game you take controll one race from many alien races and the game begins. at the beginning of the game you choose the place of your capital and you start playing game. Then you need to build buildings, research technologies, manage your citizens and resorces. You need to "place" your citizens in buildings becouse a building without citizens won't do anything. The game is set in early Sc-fi times.
That could... really be anything. Lots of turn-based 4X strategy games in space. Not sure about the particular mechanic of putting citizens into buildings, though. Check out Ascendancy. It sounds close to what you're describing, but you just assign the population to specific roles instead of specific buildings.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascendancy_%28video_game%29

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: December 20, 2015, 10:57:13 am »

That... sounds a lot like Deadlock or its sequel, actually.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
  • Champion of the unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: December 20, 2015, 12:02:34 pm »

That... sounds a lot like Deadlock or its sequel, actually.
Thank you! I was looking for this game for so long!  :D
his title changed to "thruthful chills"
Also known as : "Believe me when I say this guy is a psychotic murderer".

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: December 20, 2015, 04:40:16 pm »

I remember seeing trailers for an upcoming little indie game with minimalistic pixel graphics where you played as a very fluidly animated cat. The colors were almost monochrome and the backgrounds were all very detailed and beautiful looking, mostly of cityscapes iirc. I think it was an adventure/platformer/puzzle type game. This was almost 2 years ago and I never knew if it actually came out.

I think it was called 'something Rain' or something with RAIN in it. It looked so amazing and then I never heard about it again..

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: December 20, 2015, 09:28:07 pm »

Project Rain World, maybe?
Yes! Thanks! Hmm.. Looks like no word since June.. Wonder if this game will ever get released..?

EDIT: Looks like there is a Steam page that says coming 2016 :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 09:30:08 pm by joey4track »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: December 20, 2015, 09:40:35 pm »

Hmm, let's see...

There was a 2D, pixel style horror game that came out maybe 2 years ago. I remember it was a guy wandering around a house avoiding monsters and hiding behind hanging cow corpses. I think there was another character who had a box as a head or something in an outside area. You had a flashlight also.

The other is actually a trailer. I remember a scene from a trailer from maybe about 4-5 years ago. It was an empty playground at night and I think it had some supernatural elements. Something tells me it might've been a trailer for "The Secret World" MMO early on but something about it makes me think the style of the trailer is different from how the game ended up.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: December 21, 2015, 01:39:15 am »

There was a 2D, pixel style horror game that came out maybe 2 years ago. I remember it was a guy wandering around a house avoiding monsters and hiding behind hanging cow corpses. I think there was another character who had a box as a head or something in an outside area. You had a flashlight also.
Lone Survivor?
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 204