Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375789 times)

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #1980 on: February 08, 2015, 11:30:21 pm »

Edit: FUCK ME. Finally found it, that was bugging the hell out of me. Turned out my google-fu was too precise, just needed to generalize it a bit more and i found it first try. I've updated my post.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 11:40:15 pm by 612DwarfAvenue »
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: February 08, 2015, 11:50:07 pm »

Edit: FUCK ME. Finally found it, that was bugging the hell out of me. Turned out my google-fu was too precise, just needed to generalize it a bit more and i found it first try. I've updated my post.

Lucky, I was just about to start suggesting as I can think of at least 2 other games with similar themes and settings. So many horror games take place in hotels and the like.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: February 23, 2015, 09:16:34 am »

Here's a challenge for you guys:

A fighting game, like street Fighter or Mortal Kombat (but as far as I can tell neither of those), played around 2005 on PC (it might have been emulated, but I don't think so). Sadly, I only remember one ultra/super/whatever move: a girl trips her opponent with her quarterstaff, then pole-vaults into orbit, and comes back down on the poor guy as a meteor. If the opponent was able to simply block the initial trip attack, the move was wasted.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: February 23, 2015, 10:15:35 am »

Maybe it's one of the King of Fighters games?

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: February 23, 2015, 10:53:57 am »

huh, you sure it was PC?  Sounds like a move I remember from one of the Dead or Alive games, but they only have two games in the franchise on PC. 

Was it one of the big name games (the ones you listed, also things like Tekken, Final Fight, Marvel vs... , Virtua Fighter, Guilty Gear...) or something obscure?

Either way, if a name might jog your memory, try this list:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Versus_fighting_games

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: February 23, 2015, 11:09:29 am »

huh, you sure it was PC?  Sounds like a move I remember from one of the Dead or Alive games, but they only have two games in the franchise on PC. 

Was it one of the big name games (the ones you listed, also things like Tekken, Final Fight, Marvel vs... , Virtua Fighter, Guilty Gear...) or something obscure?

Either way, if a name might jog your memory, try this list:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Versus_fighting_games

It might have been an emulator, but I'm sure I played it on PC. I searched for a combination of most of the big ones with "meteor", but got no relevant information. I'm afraid I won't remember the name even if I have it in front of me though... I'll look a bit further trough KoF and DoA first, thanks!

Edit: Well, shame on me. It actually was one of the classics: Street Fighter EX3, on a PS2 emulator. There was this girl "Nanase" that could perform the aforementioned attack. I was thrown off the trail by the fact that all special moves were called "meteor moves", though only hers resembles a meteor.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 06:08:16 pm by EagleV »
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Game came out not so long ago maybe a year 2 at the very max, it was a turn base RPG with very deep character interaction, had standard fighter, mage, rogue class, had good graphics and was in the spirit of baldurs gate.

Also the elemental system was very in dept, had a barrel of water close to enemy? blow it up to soak them or make it rain then send out a nice lightning bolt attack. I think the name had beyond in it not sure.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Maybe divinity: original sin?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe divinity: original sin?
Exactly! there was a beyond divinity and thats what got me mixed up.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Necro bump!

So I've been spending almost a week now trying to find this game. Gone through all kinds of old shareware CDs, but with no luck. It was a 90's top-down shooter with a sort of twin-stick configuration. (I don't recall if it used the mouse or not.) You drove tanks around an arena in a deathmatch. Notably, I think the tanks were hovercraft, so they could strafe and such. It played similarly to Steel Storm, but it's some years older. Anyone remember what this might be?

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile

Annihilator Tank?  Tank Arena?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tank Arena?

It might have been this! I'm going to try it out and see. Thanks! That was driving me crazy. Wish I could get a copy of that old shareware disk I had.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

I'm going to post some game descriptions which I did a while ago and see if anyone has better luck this time in identifying them. I have no idea what they are and it's not really important but they nag at my mind.

I remember playing a 3D mech arena game in the late 90s. The machines were sit down types with the cover over the top but the controls were the usual stick and buttons (I'm pretty sure). It was not MechWarrior, and I'm kind of sure it wasn't "Cyber Troopers Virtual-On" as the booth looks different. The mech I played as was a large, bulky, brown, industrial looking mech which had large missile pods or some such. The level I remember was an outside, hilly region which you could traverse with jump jets.

The second game was from about the same time, late 90s. I saw it on a PC but the graphics from what I remember looked like Play Station 1. I was told it was a horror game at the time.

The one scene I remember took place outside of a chinese/Japanese old style house at night. The main character (I assume) is talking to an old man who has two guards next to him. Either after talking to the old man, or after combat, the old man and his guards collapse to the ground and the main character leaves. After he's left the old man pukes up red slug/squirmy things which I could imagine were controlling him from how the scene was portrayed. Or at least it was some kind of reveal.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile

I'm going to post some game descriptions which I did a while ago and see if anyone has better luck this time in identifying them. I have no idea what they are and it's not really important but they nag at my mind.

I remember playing a 3D mech arena game in the late 90s. The machines were sit down types with the cover over the top but the controls were the usual stick and buttons (I'm pretty sure). It was not MechWarrior, and I'm kind of sure it wasn't "Cyber Troopers Virtual-On" as the booth looks different. The mech I played as was a large, bulky, brown, industrial looking mech which had large missile pods or some such. The level I remember was an outside, hilly region which you could traverse with jump jets.

G-Nome?

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oh man that game was sweet!  but it wasn't mechs was it?  more like vectored thrust police VTOLs.

edit:  WHOOPS!  Thinking of G-Police.  G-NOME was also cool, it had the "i force you to eject out of your mech" gun if I remember right.  My memory is apparently pretty questionable though.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 01:40:37 pm by puke »
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 204