Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375664 times)

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #1920 on: November 30, 2014, 04:59:11 pm »

A pc game somewhere around the year 2000, 2d, detailed space game where you had to pilot manually, deal with orbits, gravity, a single thrust direction, and you had to capture planets/bases and could ambush hostile freighter convoys and stuff and try to help your faction win. Might have been a diplomacy element, but mainly you played as one fighter in a living space world thing. No campaign iirc, just flying around in some sort of open world setup. IIRC everything was vector graphics, it was very fun at the time but i can't remember the name for the life of me.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: November 30, 2014, 05:06:25 pm »

Might be Flash Trek: Broken Mirror.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: November 30, 2014, 05:31:43 pm »

Might be Flash Trek: Broken Mirror.

Fun game that, but no. it came on a disk, flash trek had textures wheras the game im talking about just had literal vectors, and theres no gravity effects in flash trek to worry about smashing you into the planet your trying to attack.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: November 30, 2014, 06:53:35 pm »

--snip--

YES!  I F@@KING FOUND IT.  Gahblraghl...  Now I can finally sleep again.

The game's called New Legends, and it appears to be the one and only thing that apparently does NOT have a Wikipedia page.

Mmmm, those chunky graphics, that mediocre aggregate score...  Good stuff, this.  I still somehow managed to recognize that intro cinematic, and I never even owned the game myself...  Just played it a couple times at my cousin's.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: December 02, 2014, 03:51:27 am »

So this one might be a little hard to get because I only recall a minor mechanic of the game, that being drinking alcohol items gave temporary hitpoints. I think it was probably around last-console-gen and either a FPS-RPG or plain old RPG.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: December 02, 2014, 02:50:03 pm »

So this one might be a little hard to get because I only recall a minor mechanic of the game, that being drinking alcohol items gave temporary hitpoints. I think it was probably around last-console-gen and either a FPS-RPG or plain old RPG.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution maybe?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: December 04, 2014, 05:26:06 pm »

Heyy, there we go! Thanks, it was really bugging me, I really wanted to know where I remembered that mechanic from.
But how could you forget the Deus Ex traditional precariously arranged mechanics and comically shit dialogue?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: December 08, 2014, 02:52:50 pm »

Once again I come to you for help, oh wise ones.

This time I'm looking for a browser game - a top-down, turn-based rpg. I know there are thousands of those, and I don't remember much, but you guys are damn near wizards if this thread is anything to judge by. Anyway, here are the details I remember: You were a young wizard or an apprentice of sorts. When you left the starting area, you could go in a few different directions immediately. North was a battlefield, with a forest a bit further. There were skeletons (I think) on the battlefield, and something too strong for young low-level me in the forest. South was a harbor area. Near the harbor, I think east of it, was a park where you could attack squirrels.

That's about what I remember. I'm afraid it's not much, but you never know.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

particle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: December 10, 2014, 05:34:12 pm »

I need your help Bay12. I am looking to find a name for PC horror game where you control cameras all around the level and  guide female protagonist through them. its very obscure game but i am sure one of you might know the name of it!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 05:58:41 pm by particle »

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: December 10, 2014, 05:58:41 pm »

It would probably help if you could add some details about how old it is, graphical style and such.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: December 10, 2014, 06:05:47 pm »

Dangit, I'm pretty sure I remember the game you're talking about.  It was pretty old.

Searching for it, I found this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/324770/
Fits your description and looks interesting, though the name (eXperience) doesn't seem familiar.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

particle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: December 10, 2014, 06:08:27 pm »

It would probably help if you could add some details about how old it is, graphical style and such.

Um, it was in 3d and maybe from 2004-2007. Opening was something like " A girl wakes up in this weird rusty like a hospital place with cameras all over the room and finds a headset or something that enables her to talk to you. Then you switch from one camera to another and order here where you want her to go.

EDIT: Rolan7 that was it! THANKS ALOT!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: December 10, 2014, 07:50:39 pm »

Um, it was in 3d and maybe from 2004-2007. Opening was something like " A girl wakes up in this weird rusty like a hospital place with cameras all over the room and finds a headset or something that enables her to talk to you. Then you switch from one camera to another and order here where you want her to go.

EDIT: Rolan7 that was it! THANKS ALOT!

Could you come back and tell us how it is, later?  I've been meaning to try it for a long time.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 204