Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375678 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #1845 on: September 25, 2014, 10:49:37 pm »

God this one is bugging me.
Uprising, mebbe? Alternately, check back here, which sounds like it might be a conversation talking about the same thing, or at least something very similar.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: September 25, 2014, 11:34:56 pm »

Sounds a lot like Parkan: Iron Strategy.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: September 26, 2014, 08:36:59 am »

There was also this fps mech game with different vehicle types.. the distinguishing feature was an ejection beam you could use while on foot to force other guys to pop out of their vehicles, then you could jack them.

G-Nome?

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: September 26, 2014, 09:18:08 am »

that's it.  There was a rts sequel, but I don't think it was the game he is after. 

More fps mech and vehicle games than t thought... good genre.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: October 02, 2014, 10:33:58 am »

Upcoming indie game, kickstarted, has a thread here. 

Like Syndicate or Shadowrun in that you have a team of agents doing espionage.  But you don't command them dirrectly, instead you are like a middle manager running their department or something.

Interface is a low rez 3d blocky cityscape in the background, with a bunch of semi transparent pop up windows that yoy play the game from.

Might not be out yet.

Edit: Net Gain.  I can never remember this for some reason, always takes extensive searches.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:37:26 am by puke »

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: October 02, 2014, 12:32:30 pm »

A free interactive fiction game, yellow palette, vague theme, seems to be about an abusive relationship, hints of suicide, temptation, pretty short. Got linked to it ages back and wanted to find it again for a friend.

Spoiler: actual theme (click to show/hide)
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: October 02, 2014, 12:55:16 pm »

Trauma?  Written in flash.  The scenes / dreamscapes are based on photographs, I think.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: October 02, 2014, 02:59:32 pm »

Sounds like Air Pressure, though there's some disagreement if that actual theme is the real actual theme or a decoy actual theme.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: October 02, 2014, 03:36:24 pm »

Trauma?  Written in flash.  The scenes / dreamscapes are based on photographs, I think.
Not this.

Sounds like Air Pressure, though there's some disagreement if that actual theme is the real actual theme or a decoy actual theme.
This is it. I didn't really do any research into other people's interpretations, just discussed with a friend at the time.

Cheers to the both of you.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: October 04, 2014, 08:45:25 am »

A game with a perspective similar to Betrayal at Krondor but I believe you were a caveman in the stone age. Something with flint napping your own tools?

I remember a bug that even if you died you could slowly inch forward by repeatedly hitting the movement button till you could find a way to get healed.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: October 04, 2014, 08:49:36 am »

A game with a perspective similar to Betrayal at Krondor but I believe you were a caveman in the stone age. Something with flint napping your own tools?

I remember a bug that even if you died you could slowly inch forward by repeatedly hitting the movement button till you could find a way to get healed.
Sapiens?

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: October 04, 2014, 09:25:09 am »

It certainly sounds a lot like the game I remember so I think it is, even though the visuals don't match what I vaguely remember. It was a very long time ago so my brain is likely not remembering it correctly, heh.

Thanks

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: October 05, 2014, 11:01:00 pm »

There was one of those old, first-person dungeon crawl RPGs, like Grimrock. This was back in the DOS era, I think. All I remember about it is the box art: I believe it had a city, or a castle, and a dragon flying around it. I was too young to remember much of the game itself, except I found myself in the middle of a city, walking through maze-like streets, and in the center of this maze was this giant dragon. Just... in the middle of the city, for some reason.

Vague, I know. But I only played it a few times and didn't understand what to do. I think I was picking up coin pouches from the streets, and the party interface was along the bottom of the screen...?

I just remember that big dragon. The art style was intricate and detailed, realistic, but hand-drawn and not greenscreened like Stonekeep was.

The game is likely to have been part of a series of similarly-named games, I think it was a sequel.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: October 05, 2014, 11:26:48 pm »

You'd probably want to look through a list of games made by SSI.  Dragons of Flame meets your description.  So does Dragonstrike.  Those are early DOS era, though.  After Stonekeep and Anvil of Dawn they really didn't make those kinds of games until Grimrock.  Thunderscape is about the same time as Stonekeep so it might be worth a look.

Try looking through this list and seeing if any of the titles sound familiar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Strategic_Simulations,_Inc._games

Or go to GameFAQs.  They have the box art, but not much along the lines of screenshots.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/company/13187-ssi

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: October 05, 2014, 11:38:12 pm »

Yah, "Dragonstrike" or "Champions of Krynn" would be my guesses. The SSI Goldbox games are really quite good. Combat is top down turn based while exploring is done in 1st person. If you go looking for them I'll mention that you will need a copy of the manual as well since most of the dialogue in the games is contained within them (the game gives you page numbers to look up).
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 204