Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375651 times)

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #1815 on: August 17, 2014, 09:50:45 am »

So there was a game, a first person shooter from 2000'ish which focussed on using vehicles. I remember very little of it other than that it had a collection of vehicles with different weapons, the setting was something about Soviets on Mars/the moon or something, there was a gun that shot balls of multiucoloured light which I referred to as the disco-gun, and the game very very rarely worked.
Battlezone was about fighting Soviets on the moon and Mars with vehicles; don't know if it was unstable or if that gun was in, but both would fit with it.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: August 17, 2014, 10:25:51 pm »

So there was a game, a first person shooter from 2000'ish which focussed on using vehicles. I remember very little of it other than that it had a collection of vehicles with different weapons, the setting was something about Soviets on Mars/the moon or something, there was a gun that shot balls of multiucoloured light which I referred to as the disco-gun, and the game very very rarely worked.
Battlezone was about fighting Soviets on the moon and Mars with vehicles; don't know if it was unstable or if that gun was in, but both would fit with it.

Yep, looks like Battlezone! Thanks guys.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: August 21, 2014, 04:05:40 pm »

It's not really a game per se, but it was a platform that could be used to simulate playing various CCGs/TCGs (probably also create them, too), including the Pokemon one which is what I used it for. It had a very...wooden theme from what I recall.

Found it. LackeyCCG is the name.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 04:09:21 pm by DarkDXZ »

aireoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: September 04, 2014, 03:29:39 pm »

I have an two obscure ones, both early internet games.

Game one: Top down, two player (possibly more) strategy action game. You played a robot bug (kinda looked like a fly) and would build your base, and fight with other players. You could fight them with your player character, or build things to fight em (can't remember if you could build units, but I do remember defensive towers). Circa 1996-7ish

Game two: Multiplayer game where you had an island base, which you would build and equip then fight other players islands to gain technology to make your island more powerful. Circa 1998/9ish.

I believe both of these games are dead, but have fond memories of them and cannot remember the names.
I don't post much, but the forums I'm even slightly active in I have a huge passion for.

In regards to DF, I've been playing for almost 8 years, since the earliest of editions, love this game.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: September 04, 2014, 03:51:33 pm »

First one almost sounds like herzog zwei, but that's even earlier than '96.

Second one I definitely remember, but gods if I can recall the name :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: September 04, 2014, 08:47:56 pm »

Cant help you, aeireoth, sorry.

Does anyone remember the vhs game that nerf was supplying with their guns for a while?  You would load it into your VHS then shoot at your tv.  Last night I was still wondering why they didn't supply an ending, and thought I should look it up.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: September 04, 2014, 09:33:24 pm »

Game one: Top down, two player (possibly more) strategy action game. You played a robot bug (kinda looked like a fly) and would build your base, and fight with other players. You could fight them with your player character, or build things to fight em (can't remember if you could build units, but I do remember defensive towers). Circa 1996-7ish

Game two: Multiplayer game where you had an island base, which you would build and equip then fight other players islands to gain technology to make your island more powerful. Circa 1998/9ish.

I believe both of these games are dead, but have fond memories of them and cannot remember the names.Firs
First sounds like Herzog Zwei, but it probably isn't. There aren't that many third-person RTS games though, so it shouldn't be hard checking for them.

Second... well, I can remember only two island combat games, though I can't say about whether they were multiplayer. One is Netstorm: Islands at War. The other is Project Nomads.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: September 04, 2014, 10:56:21 pm »

Does anyone remember the vhs game that nerf was supplying with their guns for a while?  You would load it into your VHS then shoot at your tv.  Last night I was still wondering why they didn't supply an ending, and thought I should look it up.
You don't mean this do you? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Power_and_the_Soldiers_of_the_Future

There was also a nerf wii game, but I don't remember one on vhs.  I do remember some vhs murder mystery type things, but you didn't shoot at the screen.

aireoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: September 04, 2014, 11:43:07 pm »

I believe both of these games are dead, but have fond memories of them and cannot remember the names.Firs
First sounds like Herzog Zwei, but it probably isn't. There aren't that many third-person RTS games though, so it shouldn't be hard checking for them.

Second... well, I can remember only two island combat games, though I can't say about whether they were multiplayer. One is Netstorm: Islands at War. The other is Project Nomads.

First: not third person top down, old school graphics, similar to gladiator. It may have been shareware, might have been something like robo city.

Second: netstorms the one, played both of those games too.
I don't post much, but the forums I'm even slightly active in I have a huge passion for.

In regards to DF, I've been playing for almost 8 years, since the earliest of editions, love this game.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: September 05, 2014, 12:53:15 am »

OK, so it is a game where you are the mafia. It's top down, strategy. Maybe turn based? Maybe not? You have to manage your goons and properties.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: September 05, 2014, 03:28:18 am »

You don't mean this do you? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Power_and_the_Soldiers_of_the_Future

There was also a nerf wii game, but I don't remember one on vhs.  I do remember some vhs murder mystery type things, but you didn't shoot at the screen.

I don't believe that is it, thanks for the data though.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: September 05, 2014, 10:26:41 am »

Hmm. I think this is it. Strangely enough it is on sale at GOG.

http://www.gog.com/game/mob_rule
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: September 05, 2014, 11:00:58 am »

"Mob Rule" is quite fun, I believe I played a demo of it years ago.

I do prefer it's predecessor though, "Constructor". Really hard vs the A.I because there's so many little things to keep tabs of, and the council gives you "do or lose" missions, but the humour in it is full of stereotypes of English suburbanites and rather dark at times.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

aireoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: September 05, 2014, 12:21:38 pm »

There was another Mob simulator, it was online, but I don't remember its name. Also you could be talking about Gangsters or Gangsters two, some of my favorite games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangsters:_Organized_Crime

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: September 05, 2014, 12:33:54 pm »

Then there's Omerta: City of Gangsters and that should be all of them, I'd think.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 204