Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375728 times)

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One those kickstarter alpha prototypes about being on mars, or a planet that's red like mars but has plants, and animals, and crafting (which didn't really work). Pretty good graphics.

MAIA ?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118473.0
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm looking for a war game that played similarly to Total War but it lacked an over world map. You played a commander during a crusade and controlled squads of soldiers through various missions. I specifically remember being able to change squad formations but.. that's about all I remember.

Xinvoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One those kickstarter alpha prototypes about being on mars, or a planet that's red like mars but has plants, and animals, and crafting (which didn't really work). Pretty good graphics.

MAIA ?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118473.0
Nope! Single person wearing bulky astronaut suit, not base management.

I'm looking for a war game that played similarly to Total War but it lacked an over world map. You played a commander during a crusade and controlled squads of soldiers through various missions. I specifically remember being able to change squad formations but.. that's about all I remember.
Could be Hegemony. Instead of overmap, you zoom out a lot. Though the crusade part would be metaphorical cause it's about ancient Greece.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did it have any specific theme? I'm thinking Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat, but that's obviously warhammer IP.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #1804 on: August 01, 2014, 06:42:34 pm »

Could be Hegemony. Instead of overmap, you zoom out a lot. Though the crusade part would be metaphorical cause it's about ancient Greece.

Nope, but that game does look awesome.

Did it have any specific theme? I'm thinking Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat, but that's obviously warhammer IP.

It was crusade-era themed. Over the course of the game you traveled further towards Jerusalem (so I guess I lied, it does have an overmap but it's not an interactive one). Your commander leveled up and gained abilities, you could have multiple commanders I think. Damn I wish I could remember what it was, fun game.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: August 01, 2014, 07:46:27 pm »

Stronghold: Crusader?

I'm just looking through games with Crusade or Crusader in the name.  That might be your best bet.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: August 01, 2014, 10:57:28 pm »

Found it! Woke up from a nap and had a random thought, I played it through Gamersgate (only game I ever downloaded from them) so I logged in and it was sitting in my history.

Crusaders: Thy Kingdom Come

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: August 10, 2014, 05:08:58 pm »

Out of the complete blue I suddenly thought about a game I used to have a long, long time ago.

Top down methinks, you were a prehistoric/ice age animal (or group of them? I forgot) and your goal was to find food and evolve into more advanced animals. The world had different climates that you had to be wary of, as different animals survived in different climates. Quite an old game.

edit: Found it! It's "Evolution: The Game of Intelligent Life"

« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 05:15:26 pm by Rex_Nex »

Xinvoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: August 11, 2014, 06:23:52 am »

I found it, it's called Proven Lands and it's targeting a 2015 Q2 release.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: August 12, 2014, 05:16:05 am »

Maybe Waking Mars? But it is not a bulky suit and there isn't much in the way of crafting.

AngelXDv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: August 12, 2014, 04:03:18 pm »

There was this game, I don't remember much of it, since I played it when I was about 10 (I'm 15 now). It was probably a third person shooter, though I'm not sure. The defining fact I remember about the game was that on your shoulders was sitting a woman that would use a ehip to kill enemies in range (a whip, but my phone isn't good at editing). These are the details I remember. I always wanted to remember how the game was named. Thanks! I'd like to try it again!

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: August 15, 2014, 05:59:22 pm »

Wasnt there a game once over the internet about racing car, named gearcity citydriver i dont remember. I was a tad cartoonish but was free to play?

Edit: was driftcity....
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 06:01:06 pm by jocan2003 »
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: August 17, 2014, 03:39:04 am »

So there was a game, a first person shooter from 2000'ish which focussed on using vehicles. I remember very little of it other than that it had a collection of vehicles with different weapons, the setting was something about Soviets on Mars/the moon or something, there was a gun that shot balls of multiucoloured light which I referred to as the disco-gun, and the game very very rarely worked.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: August 17, 2014, 07:07:49 am »

Command and Conquer: Renegade?  It's got Soviets, vehicles, and is a first person shooter.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: August 17, 2014, 07:28:26 am »

Command and Conquer: Renegade?  It's got Soviets, vehicles, and is a first person shooter.

Yah, that would be my guess, though I never actually got the demo working to ever play it. That would fit under "Very, very rarely worked".
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 204