Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375858 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

All I could find is Boiling Point: Road to Hell. Ukrainian made, set in modern times, but skimming the plot doesn't sound like what you were talking about.
this is the closest thing ive seen so far. the gameplay mechanics and the UI look simiar (ie you have an inventory screen) but this is definitely not it. the graphical effects look too fancy (bloom, textures) while the models look like they fit the description. this game also appears to be too bright while the game im looking for was more dark. this game looks really military-oriented while the other was more of a criminal underground type.

basically, imagine this style of the game merged with vampire the masquerade bloodline graphics, only older. these games looked so similar that i thought the same company that made this game mightve made the one im looking for but that wasnt the case. i have high suspicions that the game is in fact russian/ukranian made
Throwing out a random guess, it wouldn't be Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption, would it? :P

Anyways, a game like Boiling Point is... well, a difficult prospect. I vaguely remember that the original Boiling Point (or Xenus: Boiling Point, as we knew it) was like something else, but what exactly it was I don't remember.

Giant Bomb also points me to System Shock 2, Chrome, Chronicles of Riddick, Project: Snowblind, and Area 51, though I played the latter and Chrome, and am fairly certain these are not it.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All I could find is Boiling Point: Road to Hell. Ukrainian made, set in modern times, but skimming the plot doesn't sound like what you were talking about.
this is the closest thing ive seen so far. the gameplay mechanics and the UI look simiar (ie you have an inventory screen) but this is definitely not it. the graphical effects look too fancy (bloom, textures) while the models look like they fit the description. this game also appears to be too bright while the game im looking for was more dark. this game looks really military-oriented while the other was more of a criminal underground type.

basically, imagine this style of the game merged with vampire the masquerade bloodline graphics, only older. these games looked so similar that i thought the same company that made this game mightve made the one im looking for but that wasnt the case. i have high suspicions that the game is in fact russian/ukranian made
Throwing out a random guess, it wouldn't be Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption, would it? :P

Anyways, a game like Boiling Point is... well, a difficult prospect. I vaguely remember that the original Boiling Point (or Xenus: Boiling Point, as we knew it) was like something else, but what exactly it was I don't remember.

Giant Bomb also points me to System Shock 2, Chrome, Chronicles of Riddick, Project: Snowblind, and Area 51, though I played the latter and Chrome, and am fairly certain these are not it.
none of these. all these games are too new (apart from system shock which fit the criteria, but again its defintely not system shock)

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Modern setting?  Russians?  FPS?  Geesh guys, it's clearly CoD:MW.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

I'll suggest either Anachronox or Omikron: The Nomad Soul. Though those might be too sci-fi, but they're more Bladerunner in style.

Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

none of these. all these games are too new (apart from system shock which fit the criteria, but again its defintely not system shock)
Redemption and System Shock 2 are a year apart, incidentally. All of these are 1999-2004.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll suggest either Anachronox or Omikron: The Nomad Soul. Though those might be too sci-fi, but they're more Bladerunner in style.
graphics of omikron is almost identical to the graphics i remember. however neither of these games is this. keep in mind that that game had 0 fantasy/scifi/magic

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

graphics of omikron is almost identical to the graphics i remember. however neither of these games is this. keep in mind that that game had 0 fantasy/scifi/magic

Delving into the deeper pits of game rejects reveals Sniper: Path of Vengeance. It's got umbrellas, prostitutes and prison riots, so this has to be it.

Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S5l6KTx--Y

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Delving into the deeper pits of game rejects reveals Sniper: Path of Vengeance. It's got umbrellas, prostitutes and prison riots, so this has to be it.

Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S5l6KTx--Y
wow. detective level 80. bing bong this is it. thank you SO MUCH

so ends the story of the search
edit: damn, gamespot gave it like a score of 2.3 or something. as far as i remember this game was bonkers fun
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 12:03:34 pm by Geltor »

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was a Diablo style of hack and slash that was a bit aged. It was sold on the internet. You had a "Clan" inside of a village. There were multiple other clans in the village, that you could interact with in different ways, as in make an alliance, become enemies, raid their guild hall, stuff like that. The exit to the area where monsters were was to the north, and while outside you would fight monsters find chests and stuff. Every area was in a square, with exits on the middle of each side that was next to another area. Each area was a different biome I believe, with tropical jungles next to deserts and what not. That's all I remember about it. Help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: There may have been companions as well.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 06:27:41 pm by joemoben »
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Probably Depths of Peril. Might have been Din's Curse... never played that one. Both by Soldak Entertainment.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably Depths of Peril. Might have been Din's Curse... never played that one. Both by Soldak Entertainment.
Bingo. Thanks a bunch.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Xinvoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So there is this game, more than 10 years old certainly, with 3 levels, each with completely different gameplay.
One of those small games that you could finish in an hour.

1st level you build a town and little people come out of their houses radially to power the farms (which look like like red barns) and other buildings. Demons come out of a mountain every now and then, and if they walk through your town your buildings burn, so you have to build guard towers to defend yourself. There is also a fairy village on the map (looks like a forest) but it doesn't do anything.

2nd level is a spell duel (with the leader of the fairies i think), you combine some stuff and you make iceballs and other spells which you hurl at each other.

3rd level you control a dude with a sword at the entrance of Demon Mountain, demons come out and you slash them, there are also some crystals which you have to destroy to get the boss to come out. The view is top-down and the "map" is a single screen.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

Sounds a little like the original ActRaiser, but definitely isn't.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile

there was this heavy rp browser based game where players started as babies born to other players  and there was a queue to start a new character. i never got to play it but it sounded interesting

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

there was this heavy rp browser based game where players started as babies born to other players  and there was a queue to start a new character. i never got to play it but it sounded interesting

Pretty sure it's Faery Tale Online.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 204