Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375783 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

looks neat!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile

Tiny bit of a necro, but I remember this referral-based game which I believe was on the board a while back but I can't seem to find it.

The game's name was something akin to "Little Soldiers" or "Tiny Army", and it consisted of you creating an "army" by giving it a name, and upgrading 2d soldiers to go on PvP battles with other players, or PvE battles against things like rats. Later in the game you could unlock little helicopters or jeeps, etc, for some of your soldiers.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

That would be Minitroopers. Fun little game, but as all games of its kind, not terribly engaging in the long run.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Two games sprung in my mind lately and I didn't have much luck finding them so:

1) A sci-fi game that I played in Polish language. It was about human exploration mothership that landed in a planet in a far-away space system and you had to develop technologies and exterminate 'them' from the planet. When you did, your mothership could take off the planet and land on another, with different map features, enemies and techs to discovery. I remember that there was 'Academy', that created your machinegun grunts, and that you had to use energy transfer posts to deliver power to your outposts away from mothership.

2) A tycoon about space-station resort. I remember it was divided into 'biosphere' that grew your food/resources and main area where guests stayed. There was plenty of alien races to come and enjoy/work at your resort.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2) A tycoon about space-station resort. I remember it was divided into 'biosphere' that grew your food/resources and main area where guests stayed. There was plenty of alien races to come and enjoy/work at your resort.
I may be misremembering, but that one sounds like Startopia.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I remember a post apocalyptic rougelike made by someone who also made dwarffortress mods. It was Ascii only I recall and you started in a shelter and were supposed to go find stuff outside.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I remember a post apocalyptic rougelike made by someone who also made dwarffortress mods. It was Ascii only I recall and you started in a shelter and were supposed to go find stuff outside.

I would play that in a heartbeat.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Cataclysm? Or the sorta-remake Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

Cataclysm? Or the sorta-remake Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead?
As a proud Cataclysm "survivor" I can confirm it is indeed cataclysm.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How is the game now that the Dark Days developer has more or less taken over the project? 

I really enjoyed the original game because it was simple and gritty, but I stayed away from the mods because the seemed to have a lot of feature-creep and more fantastic elements.  I think the original feature list for Dark Days looked like they expanded the vehicle and base building parts of the game?

How are NPC interactions?  Did factions ever make it into the game?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

I may be misremembering, but that one sounds like Startopia.

Yeah, I've checked the title and it's exactly the game I was thinking about :))

The 1st still mystery, though...
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

The 1st still mystery, though...
Other than the machinegun grunts it sounds a lot like the Creeper World series.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile

It also could be Perimeter, the game by which Creeper World was[citation needed] could be inspired.
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Nah, it's neither. I think the game I'm thinking about is much older than that (2000? Late nineties? not sure)
SigFlags!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe it was something out the Earth series, by Reality Pump (a Polish developer)? I know Earth 2150 had the power-grid mechanic, but if there were machinegun grunts it'd have to be either Earth 2140 (which I haven't played), or Earth 2160(which is a bit more modern). Earth 2150 series has only robots, tanks, aircraft, and ships. No infantry.

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 204