Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375712 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #1605 on: February 06, 2014, 01:58:09 pm »

Joust?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: February 06, 2014, 02:58:21 pm »

Once upon a time, there was a game for the Sega Genesis. This game was a fighting game that I played at a friend's house a few times. It was much like Mortal Kombat, but wasn't, it was kind of a generic version. The odd thing about this game was that limbs could get knocked off, and be lost for the rest of the fight.

Anyone have the foggiest idea of what this game was?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: February 06, 2014, 03:00:52 pm »

That part about limbs makes it sound a lot like time killers. Which was terrible.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: February 06, 2014, 03:02:44 pm »

Found it. It was actually Eternal Champions, which was also terrible. Thanks for humoring my weak google-fu, dudes.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1609 on: February 07, 2014, 01:20:12 pm »

There was an online, singleplayer dungeon-crawling game, that used one of the old dnd rule sets for generating a dungeon as the dungeon.  You could choose between several classes, though some needed to be unlocked first.  When they retire, your characters become inhabitants of the town and unlock items, gear, things like that.  I'm pretty sure it is a fairly recent game.
I believe you're referring to Dungeon Robber.

Ha, I tried that out and now I'm hooked. It's surprisingly fun. After dying a bunch of times I finally started figuring out how to survive the dungeon. Now I'm torn between retiring my Knight-level adventurer or just keep right on going...

Mustard Elemental

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: February 07, 2014, 07:48:20 pm »

I tried searching for "Joust" but all i got was an old arcade game with a flash version. I mean a game where you jump around between spherical planetoid things with their own gravity, with the goal of killing all the AI controlled stickmen by running around the planetoids stabbing them in the back with your lance.
The military is all gathered in one huge mass on top of the ramp to the mountaintop, where the entrance is. Apparently they spend their time taking potshots at owls, pushing babies off the ledge, and giggling.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: February 08, 2014, 12:48:25 pm »

Another one I played a PS1 demo of. It was a 3D third-person game. You started as a female character, in a cell with a guard outside. For some reason, there was a window, and sitting on it would cause him to come-a runnin'. I never saw anything but this, since 4-year-old me had no idea how to fight the guard, and would simply stand there getting punched until he lost.
I think that was Tomb Raider 3. It's been years since I played that demo, but it sounds like it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Spacefaye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: February 11, 2014, 02:12:10 pm »

It's a game where you build spaceships and watch it fight other spaceships, I remember one was free and the other was paid. The name of the paid one was something along the lines of "gelatinous space battles".

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: February 11, 2014, 02:17:46 pm »

It's a game where you build spaceships and watch it fight other spaceships, I remember one was free and the other was paid. The name of the paid one was something along the lines of "gelatinous space battles".
Gratuitous Space Battles. And the free one was Battleships Forever.

(And unless I'm wrong and you're not doing what I think you're doing, this is not a game thread. People ask for games they genuinely search for here, not suggest games they know of in a vague fashion to have others guess. Apologies if my assumption was wrong.)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: February 11, 2014, 02:25:52 pm »

This thread could be helpful for something I've been searching for.  I've been trying to remember an old board game about World War 2's North African and/or European front (I cannot recall if it included both, or just North Africa).  It's most noteworthy because of its exhaustive and comprehensive ruleset that attempted to manage almost every facet of the war - an example that was cited for the sheer level of fine detail was that Italian soldiers actually require slightly more water per turn because their supplies included a ration of pasta.  In essence, it was basically a really, really complex wargame. 

EDIT: Never mind, I found it: The Campaign for North Africa. ^_^
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 02:38:56 pm by Culise »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: February 11, 2014, 02:33:32 pm »

Gratuitous Space Battles. And the free one was Battleships Forever.

(And unless I'm wrong and you're not doing what I think you're doing, this is not a game thread. People ask for games they genuinely search for here, not suggest games they know of in a vague fashion to have others guess. Apologies if my assumption was wrong.)
To be fair, "gelatinous space battles" brings up nothing, and just "space battles" brings up some Japanese film.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Zammon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: February 14, 2014, 10:15:18 pm »

One's been bugging me lately. Probably mid or late 2000s, this was a game I (think?) I played a beta for. It was multiplayer, with arena style battles in third person in which each player was some sort of martial artist. There were probably elemental styles available as well. If I recall correctly, you had a limited moveset (3, 4 or 5 skills?). Between matches, you could spend time in a town-like area, with class trainers, gear vendors, and stuff like that.

I'll try to think of more information, but this is all I've got for now.

Editing with further information upon probing.
It was more command bar spam, I'm fairly sure, but there was a lot of movement involved. I'm also fairly sure it was PvP only, no PvE elements. It's not Vindictus or Age of Wushu. I remember there was a pretty decent customize system. You could dye your clothes/armour and make pretty unique looking characters. The artstyle was also fairly plain. I think I've narrowed the years to 2007 or 2008 since I remember listening to a couple new albums by artists I liked at the time.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 07:34:30 pm by Zammon »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: February 15, 2014, 08:51:28 am »

Vindictus, maybe?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #1618 on: February 15, 2014, 10:21:27 am »

One's been bugging me lately. Probably mid or late 2000s, this was a game I (think?) I played a beta for. It was multiplayer, with arena style battles in third person in which each player was some sort of martial artist. There were probably elemental styles available as well. If I recall correctly, you had a limited moveset (3, 4 or 5 skills?). Between matches, you could spend time in a town-like area, with class trainers, gear vendors, and stuff like that.

What was the playstyle like? More action-y or was it more like command-bar/hot-key spam?
I've never played it but it might be Age of Wushu. Vindictus might also be it, like Sirus said.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Zammon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: February 15, 2014, 12:49:12 pm »

What was the playstyle like? More action-y or was it more like command-bar/hot-key spam?
I've never played it but it might be Age of Wushu. Vindictus might also be it, like Sirus said.

It was more command bar spam, I'm fairly sure, but there was a lot of movement involved. I'm also fairly sure it was PvP only, no PvE elements. It's not Vindictus or Age of Wushu. I remember there was a pretty decent customize system. You could dye your clothes/armour and make pretty unique looking characters. The artstyle was also fairly plain. I think I've narrowed the years to 2007 or 2008 since I remember listening to a couple new albums by artists I liked at the time.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 12:51:13 pm by Zammon »
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 204