Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375668 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #1575 on: January 19, 2014, 08:09:51 am »

Alright then! I'm looking for a game that's a bit like a princess simulator, except that you have a cyborg instead of a princess and the cyborg does not exactly know it's a cyborg. It was a SNES game and managed to get translated into English, I know very little of it otherwise. Ideas?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #1577 on: January 19, 2014, 10:57:32 am »

ok, I come seeking a game. I played the game when little, on a win98 pc. I remember it was a game given out by taco bell. think donky kong-esk climbing, only you're collecting ingredients and avoiding peppers I think.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: January 19, 2014, 11:33:31 am »

ok, I come seeking a game. I played the game when little, on a win98 pc. I remember it was a game given out by taco bell. think donky kong-esk climbing, only you're collecting ingredients and avoiding peppers I think.

Burger Time? :)

The game I'm looking for is Mechcommander Gold. Shoot, that's not how you play this?

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: January 19, 2014, 02:57:56 pm »

There's a game called Taco Bell: Tasty Temple Challenge but that's more of an FPS.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: January 21, 2014, 05:29:34 am »

It was an Android puzzle game (perhaps iOS as well) that had a fairly simple premise of making new elements or specific configurations of them by using a sort of conveyor belt that fed each atom/piece, changed it some configurable way, then spit it to the next ad nauseum until you managed to make a miniature factory of sorts and confirm that the puzzle was solved. I believe it was fairly recent, but I can't for the life of me remember.

I did remember attempting to play the demo on my phone, which was nigh impossible due to the small screen size, and I removed it from my Google Play Store list since. Any help with this one would be appreciated.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: January 21, 2014, 05:39:44 am »

It was an Android puzzle game (perhaps iOS as well) that had a fairly simple premise of making new elements or specific configurations of them by using a sort of conveyor belt that fed each atom/piece, changed it some configurable way, then spit it to the next ad nauseum until you managed to make a miniature factory of sorts and confirm that the puzzle was solved. I believe it was fairly recent, but I can't for the life of me remember.

I did remember attempting to play the demo on my phone, which was nigh impossible due to the small screen size, and I removed it from my Google Play Store list since. Any help with this one would be appreciated.

Although my experience of it was on PC, this sounds similar to SpaceChem, which apparently does in fact have a mobile version that I didn't know about.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: January 22, 2014, 12:35:45 am »

That is most definitely it. My brain hurts from getting past some of them, but in a good way, the sort that makes you happy you were able to discover a solution without external help.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: January 23, 2014, 01:26:57 am »

Thanks for the answers guys, but it wasn't any of those. I wish I could remember more to narrow it down, but I can't.
It was from the days before good flash games were so common, and I know it had a lobby you could chat in before entering games. Also I'm pretty sure the default unit colour (before the graphical upgrade) was purple.

...I doubt I'm gonna find it, somehow. :( Oh well.

Edit: Wait, whaaaaat. I just found it, with a simple Google image search of "browser-based strategy game flash". Yes. Seriously.
It's called Tactics Arena Online.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 01:29:31 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: January 23, 2014, 01:37:31 am »

I've thought of two others to stretch peoples minds.

1st: It was a 3D car stunt game, though the main goal was to smack into obstacles and launch your driver as far as possible or into a vertical wall. Launching the driver was controlled by a button press and the maps were like Trackmania with more horizontal poles to flip the driver on.

2nd: Older game, think Wacky Wheels graphics. The one section I remember was a parking lot filled with yellow buses. It was a 1st person shooter (I think) where you had a gun that fired either bubbles or water, possibly to clean the buses or fire at other characters. Style was cartoony, like Wacky Wheels.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: January 23, 2014, 01:59:02 am »

1st: It was a 3D car stunt game, though the main goal was to smack into obstacles and launch your driver as far as possible or into a vertical wall. Launching the driver was controlled by a button press and the maps were like Trackmania with more horizontal poles to flip the driver on.
Either Flatout or a game that inspired its Stunt mode. Probably the latter, since Flatout is still primarily about racing.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: January 23, 2014, 02:24:56 am »

Looking at images, that seems right. Flatout 1 would be the closest to what I remember as I don't remember actual racing but I'd have only played the demo. Thank ye.

Ha, that reminds me of Motorcross Madness! In that when you went too far away from the track the game would fire you into the air back into the map.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: January 23, 2014, 12:37:09 pm »

Alright the game I'm looking for is some sort of GBA beat em up with RPG elements, I think. I remeber that you had a character select screen at the beggining of the game and that one of the character was an humanoid wolf. I also remember the game's name having phoenix in it.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: January 23, 2014, 12:53:46 pm »

Guys, I need your help. There was this game I played, back on the PS2(Or Gamecube) that was about trying to take down an evil djinn. I remember it was a dungeon-crawl-y sort of thing, where you had a world outside the dungeons, and every night you went into the dungeon and fought in a third-person brawler. There were mimic chests, and I remember the town being filled with shops and characters you can recruit. I THINK there was a catgirl in there, and later on in the world ('Cause you can travel the world inbetween dungeons) there being another djinn you could recruit. The opening scene, where the djinn is summoned, I remember he ate someone for shits and giggles and then burned down a village. MIGHT'VE been yours, I don't quite remember. So yeah, PS2/Gamecube dungeon crawler with RPG elements that allows recruiting of characters and has an overarching plot about a djinn.
Sorry about the clutter, I'm writing this in what I consider the morning.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: January 23, 2014, 01:08:53 pm »

Alright the game I'm looking for is some sort of GBA beat em up with RPG elements, I think. I remeber that you had a character select screen at the beggining of the game and that one of the character was an humanoid wolf. I also remember the game's name having phoenix in it.
Not sure about "phoenix", but one action-RPG-beat-em-up game I know is Shining Soul, and Shining Soul II has a wolf character named Zachs in it.

Character select:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 01:12:31 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 204