Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375621 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #1560 on: December 23, 2013, 07:40:01 am »

Ah, it might well be that also. Lure of the Temptress is interesting as well. That one can be downloaded for free on Good Old Games if you've got an account there.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: December 23, 2013, 01:28:46 pm »

This game was one of the earliest examples of 3D third-person action/puzzle genre. It was a PC game. I remember the most prominent colours (at least in the demo) being red, white and black. The name might actually include a colour word, I'm not sure. Movement was slow and jumping was a challenge in itself. There were... laserbeams across the hallway? I remember it was a futuristic world. I'm sure at one point I had to step on a switch and then run quickly before the door closed or laserbeams reactivated (or some sort of timing puzzle like that). Were there keycards?... I think it had guns, too. Aiming was a bitch.

I played so little of it back then, I only had the demo so I don't even know many details. But it popped back into my head just recently and now I'm dying to know it's name! I'll be suprised if anyone gets it, though.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 01:31:54 pm by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: December 23, 2013, 02:17:08 pm »

Fade to black?

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: December 23, 2013, 07:21:02 pm »

I am 90% sure it is Lure of the Temptress, thanks guys!
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: December 25, 2013, 12:58:59 pm »

Fade to black?

I don't know how you did it, but YES. Also turns out that I got most of the details wrong, making your accomplishment even more extraordinary. :D

It was the lasers, wasn't it? That game was all about dem lazors.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: January 02, 2014, 01:21:18 am »

Okay, so there's not really much to go on for this game, considering it never came out. It was a zombie game, to where you played the zombie master, sort of like in Stubbs the zombie, but not exactly. It was planned to be developed in the early 2000's, i don't know the exact date.

It might be hard to find, but I really want to find the old trailers and videos for it, especially since a lot of them were really brutal and gory.
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: January 06, 2014, 12:29:53 am »

I remember playing a game way back in the days when I trawled the internet for anything my puny computer could handle.
It was a browser based strategy kind of game, with a playing field similar to a chessboard. Each player had a team of soldiers who they could customize and choose starting positions for between games.

I remember it having an unusual art style, with the pieces shaped like stylized statues and with a single colour for each team, but I vaguely remember the game might have had an art update years after I first played it. Or maybe that was a spinoff. :-[

Does anyone have any idea what game/s this might be?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: January 06, 2014, 03:55:38 pm »

I remember playing a game way back in the days when I trawled the internet for anything my puny computer could handle.
It was a browser based strategy kind of game, with a playing field similar to a chessboard. Each player had a team of soldiers who they could customize and choose starting positions for between games.

I remember it having an unusual art style, with the pieces shaped like stylized statues and with a single colour for each team, but I vaguely remember the game might have had an art update years after I first played it. Or maybe that was a spinoff. :-[

Only game I know of that takes place on a chessboard that isn't chess is Archon, but that was a pre-internet game.  Maybe there was some released of it somewhere.  Or maybe a variation of Stratego?

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: January 06, 2014, 04:11:30 pm »

I've got a weird one. It is an old advert game that I remember playing as a kid and actually quite enjoying. The advert was for some kind of cleaning supply of all things if I remember it right. The game was in a kind of isometric 3D with multiple z-levels and stuff. You spent a lot of time underwater and on tropical locales. I believe you played as a kid that had a gun that shot bubbles, I also believe the game was quite long. For being an advert game it actually was quite enjoyable and it is annoying me that I just can't remember what it was.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: January 06, 2014, 04:14:39 pm »

Only game I know of that takes place on a chessboard that isn't chess is Archon, but that was a pre-internet game.  Maybe there was some released of it somewhere.  Or maybe a variation of Stratego?

I played one variant/port of Archon as a kid and I'm pretty sure you couldn't customize your units or choose their starting positions. So I'm pretty sure that's not it. It's definitely one of those games that's been released a gazillion times in its history.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: January 06, 2014, 04:57:40 pm »

I played one variant/port of Archon as a kid and I'm pretty sure you couldn't customize your units or choose their starting positions. So I'm pretty sure that's not it. It's definitely one of those games that's been released a gazillion times in its history.

Sorry for the nested quotes.  There was an Archon II where you could summon units -- so while you couldnt customize the individual unit you COULD  customize which units you put on the field.

There is a more recent remake of the original Archon, so that sort of fits the description.

I cant think of anything else that had solid colors for each side.  There were games like Battle Chess, and a "Chinese Chess" version of Battle Chess, (chianji or whatever), but those are almost certainly not the game he is after.

Came across this thing looking for similar games:  http://www.the-nextlevel.com/tnl/threads/42381-Archon-like-games

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: January 06, 2014, 05:26:05 pm »

"A turn-based strategy game on a chesslike board where you could customize your units" is a pretty generic description, though. Unless the board was literally checkerboard, and not merely a fancy grid, this could apply to a whole lot of games. Starting with... I dunno, Fire Emblem, or Super Robot Wars, or anything. The only limit is that it's browser-based, but then again there are so many Flash games out there...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: January 06, 2014, 05:57:19 pm »

Not so much a forgotten game as a game I cannot find an download to.

Namely, this. The download link in the OP doesn't lead to a download anymore, and I want to play it again.

I can't help you with a download link, but I'd recommend Darwinbots as an alternative.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: January 07, 2014, 02:52:27 am »

Not so much a forgotten game as a game I cannot find an download to.

Namely, this. The download link in the OP doesn't lead to a download anymore, and I want to play it again.
Hopefully the author doesn't mind as I've uploaded a temporary mirror for you.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: January 07, 2014, 12:02:20 pm »

The only limit is that it's browser-based, but then again there are so many Flash games out there...

oo, missed that.  thats a huge category, flash games.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 204