Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375626 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #1545 on: December 19, 2013, 05:32:57 pm »

So... I totally want to remember the name of this one game on the LEGO site that got taken down a long, long time ago. We're talking pre-Exo-Force, and probably still a while back. I want to say 2006ish.

It was a LEGO racing game, themed on the "Racer" playsets or w/e. It got taken down, because it was "dated" and a security hole or something... Was it the Drome Racing Challenge? Using that Wayback machine is helping me look through the old site, though none of the games seem to be playable anymore...

Yeah, that's got to be it. I really wish I could get some footage or something, but... damn, the entire Racers thing is long gone. I really wanted to go back and troll for info as much as possible, as I wanted ideas for a racing RtD...

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Shadowscynthe

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:VULPINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: December 19, 2013, 05:37:22 pm »

there was this one game where you control a midget thing trying to collect stuff into a huge ball.
forgot the name :(
I WILL BITE YOUR HEAD OFF!!!

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: December 19, 2013, 05:44:11 pm »

there was this one game where you control a midget thing trying to collect stuff into a huge ball.

Katamari Damaci! It's a Playstation-exclusive IIRC.

There's also a PC indie version/remake called The Wonderful End of the World.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: December 19, 2013, 05:56:40 pm »

Game where you are a fly in a jar piloting a robot to save more flys.
Crack-a-lack-a

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: December 19, 2013, 06:24:07 pm »

The dual-stick controls on that were awesome.  Best control setup i've seen since the old two stick standup arcade game BattleZone.

Also the soundtrack was pretty sweet. 

How is the PC clone?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: December 19, 2013, 06:37:18 pm »

The dual-stick controls on that were awesome.  Best control setup i've seen since the old two stick standup arcade game BattleZone.

Also the soundtrack was pretty sweet. 

How is the PC clone?

It's fun. Not nearly as intoxicating as the original, more of a relaxing time waster. It should be on sale for the Steam holiday sale, and I recommend it if it's cheap.

EDIT: Yep, it's on sale! http://store.steampowered.com/app/15500/
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

VonCede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: December 20, 2013, 08:06:00 pm »

An old shmup on PC, around 2008 or so. No scrolling, no enemies, just black holes that start to spew out the white orbs you can shoot. More the orbs you shoot, more (semi) random powerups you get. And nasty palette color shift that can you give a headache.
Have you tried Wiki or google it?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: December 20, 2013, 08:39:13 pm »

An old shmup on PC, around 2008 or so. No scrolling, no enemies, just black holes that start to spew out the white orbs you can shoot. More the orbs you shoot, more (semi) random powerups you get. And nasty palette color shift that can you give a headache.

A bit of a stretch, but Geometry Wars?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: December 21, 2013, 01:09:23 pm »

Okay!

A game about being bartender in shady bar thing. It had animated intro with jazzy sax and some lady singing about live in downtown.

The graphics style was cartoonish, and the clientele involved Superwoman, some black dude with afro, and I especially remember the supermodel who was so skinny that the wind pushed her around.

There was also a bouncer that could get rid of clients you didn't want to serve, and I remeber that actual 'recipebook' was quite large in terms of recipes and available ingredients.

I believe I played the demo in 2000, but definitely not earlier.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: December 21, 2013, 01:43:26 pm »

Okay!

A game about being bartender in shady bar thing. It had animated intro with jazzy sax and some lady singing about live in downtown.

The graphics style was cartoonish, and the clientele involved Superwoman, some black dude with afro, and I especially remember the supermodel who was so skinny that the wind pushed her around.

There was also a bouncer that could get rid of clients you didn't want to serve, and I remeber that actual 'recipebook' was quite large in terms of recipes and available ingredients.

I believe I played the demo in 2000, but definitely not earlier.
Sounds like "Last Call!".

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: December 21, 2013, 01:49:51 pm »

YES THAT'S THAT!

* Haspen now delves into deepest reaches of darkest corners of internet, braving ton of Xantalos' siblings just to get that little game.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: December 22, 2013, 06:50:01 pm »

I am looking for a game which I played a looooooooooong time ago but is somehow stuck in my head. I hardly remember any of the details myself and I wonder if I would even recognize the game, but it is still stuck in my head.

I remember that you started in a prison cell and you had to wait/do some actions until a guard came. You could then trick the guard and lock him up in the cell. After that you had to escape from the castle (side-scroll or perhaps a cut scene) until you finally reach a town (painted town image comes to mind). That is all I seem to remember.

It is probably one of those late 80's, early 90's adventure games or something. At least released before 1996
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: December 22, 2013, 10:41:48 pm »

Hmm, the only adventure game I remember that starts off in a prison cell is "Curse of Enchantia", and I only know that because Yahtzee did a playthrough on his channel. Does this help? That's the scene I'm thinking of.

That game was really bizarre. The puzzles were really illogical and it had this strange british surrealism feel to it.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: December 23, 2013, 05:13:36 am »

Yeah, sounds like CoE. Yahtzee made one of his rambling let's plays about it a while ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGy-A9uVNsw
It's probably a better idea to watch it than play the actual game.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: December 23, 2013, 06:15:49 am »

Alternatively, it might also be Lure of the Temptress.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 204