Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375509 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #1470 on: October 23, 2013, 03:10:40 pm »

This one should be easy, I think it was asked before on this thread but I cant find it off hand.

What the heck was this game?  I remember playing it, and the picture reminded me... I think there were two or three of them and the first one was shareware?

http://kingofgng.com/media/20090508_dosbox_073_rc1_2.png

Thanks

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: October 23, 2013, 03:16:30 pm »

Solar Winds: The Escape, I presume.

E: Make that just Solar Winds. There are indeed more of them.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 03:18:22 pm by LordSlowpoke »

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: October 23, 2013, 03:48:43 pm »

A site where you could play interactive choose your own text adventures, but where, when reaching a dead end, yo ucould make up your own new choices and make new parts of the storyline. I forgot the name

I'm pretty sure I know the one you're talking about! I'm amazed it still exists, to be honest. Is this it? The Neverending Tale

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: October 23, 2013, 05:19:54 pm »

A site where you could play interactive choose your own text adventures, but where, when reaching a dead end, yo ucould make up your own new choices and make new parts of the storyline. I forgot the name

I'm pretty sure I know the one you're talking about! I'm amazed it still exists, to be honest. Is this it? The Neverending Tale
Either that or writing.com (it has it's interactive section)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: October 23, 2013, 09:41:34 pm »

Solar Winds: The Escape, I presume.

E: Make that just Solar Winds. There are indeed more of them.

score, thank you.  I dont think I ever played the second episode, will try to find somewhere to pick it up.  Epic was still selling their old games a few years back, but it looks like the site is down.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: October 25, 2013, 07:34:12 am »

Game of gem matching where the goal was to get large marble slabs down to the bottom for your workers to use.

Seven wonders, or ancient wonders or something. Can't recall the exact name, and it might have been something else since I think I played this on a cellphone,  but I remember the bit about getting the slabs to your minions so they could build you a wonder, had a vaguely Egyptian theme I think.

My forgotten game is some sort of Shoot 'em up from around 2001-2 or so. Futuristic and kinda top down, it was 3D and had pretty good graphics for its time. You could pick from three ships which had different weapons and super attacks or something, and you could unlock another three once you completed the game. First boss was this giant three headed robot dog, another one was this dragon robot or something that you fought inside a volcano. Final boss was the egg shaped singularity of a black hole or something.
I also think it was a PS One port or something since it lacked a quit game button.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: November 04, 2013, 11:12:24 pm »

What was that fighting game on some Sega system that had a branching story and leveling system and something like 8 player multiplayer?

EDIT: Figured it out, Guardian Heroes.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 12:28:31 am by Hugehead »
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: November 05, 2013, 01:04:25 am »

Airfix Dogfighter
Yessss, thank you.

Oh God, so there is someone who played it apart from me. *hallelujah*

Anyway,

A browser mulitplayer platform-racing game where everyone could make their own levels, customize their characters (hat/head/torso/boots) and improve their stats (speed/acceleration/jump height) and it was a second game in its series (there were at least 3 games in it, but the third one was bleh).

hikarikami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: November 05, 2013, 02:08:11 am »

Hi guys, there's this one game I used to the play the Demo in hotseat mode with my dad that I can't seem to find. It's essentially a Naval turn based strategy game, where you can build docks and boats, and take it in turns moving around islands destroying each other. I'm pretty sure it came out around 1998, give or take a few years.

I'm struggling to remember any real details about the game, but there wasn't a huge amount of boat types (at least not in the demo). It was 2D/Isometric, Also, for some reason the music reminded me of "Close to me" by The Cure. Also, it was a Windows game. Any ideas? :3

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: November 05, 2013, 06:05:21 am »

Hi guys, there's this one game I used to the play the Demo in hotseat mode with my dad that I can't seem to find. It's essentially a Naval turn based strategy game, where you can build docks and boats, and take it in turns moving around islands destroying each other. I'm pretty sure it came out around 1998, give or take a few years.

I'm struggling to remember any real details about the game, but there wasn't a huge amount of boat types (at least not in the demo). It was 2D/Isometric, Also, for some reason the music reminded me of "Close to me" by The Cure. Also, it was a Windows game. Any ideas? :3
I would have said "Age of Sail", but I think that was realtime.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: November 05, 2013, 10:53:05 am »

My forgotten game is some sort of Shoot 'em up from around 2001-2 or so. Futuristic and kinda top down, it was 3D and had pretty good graphics for its time. You could pick from three ships which had different weapons and super attacks or something, and you could unlock another three once you completed the game. First boss was this giant three headed robot dog, another one was this dragon robot or something that you fought inside a volcano. Final boss was the egg shaped singularity of a black hole or something.
I also think it was a PS One port or something since it lacked a quit game button.

Was this a top-scroller like Major Stryker, or a free-roaming game like Zone-66?  By "kinda top down" do you mean actually top down, or sort of an above-and-behind view like starfox or something?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: November 05, 2013, 11:03:31 am »

Okay, here's something that should be an interesting challenge:

It was an arcade game, with multiple players (I want to say four) all on one massive screen. It was a sort of light gun shooter except the guns were mounted on swivels to allow free aim in most directions. I seem to recall that it was sci-fi themed and everyone had to blast stuff because I think they all shared a health bar.

Oh, and I only saw this game once: at Disney World in Florida, back in 2002 I think it was.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: November 05, 2013, 11:13:57 am »

A seemingly RTS kind of game for PC I saw my cousin playing a long time ago. Most of the things I saw were cheats:

There was a bear with eye-lasers. It made really annoying noises when it moved, it ran extremely fast, had a Canadian flag for a cape and could be obtained when OCANADA was typed into the cheat console.

There was also a "Titan" that the enemy supposedly obtained, it was insanely powerful.

Anyone know what game it might be?

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: November 05, 2013, 11:17:10 am »

A browser mulitplayer platform-racing game where everyone could make their own levels, customize their characters (hat/head/torso/boots) and improve their stats (speed/acceleration/jump height) and it was a second game in its series (there were at least 3 games in it, but the third one was bleh).

Your answer is practically in your description: Platform Racing 2 :P
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 204