Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375474 times)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is an extremely old game I used to play on a black-and-green screen. It was a side-scrolling helicopter game, where enemies came from the right and you fought them. My memory is very foggy... but I had a lot of fun with that ancient game. Would anyone remember that?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is an extremely old game I used to play on a black-and-green screen. It was a side-scrolling helicopter game, where enemies came from the right and you fought them. My memory is very foggy... but I had a lot of fun with that ancient game. Would anyone remember that?

I'd suspect either Choplifter (or one of its clones) or Armor Alley.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Think a LOT older. Green and black side-scroller.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Think a LOT older. Green and black side-scroller.

no, I think he's right.  Armor Alley sounds like exactly it, I played it on a Apple II green-screen.  Also known as Rescue Raiders:

this is in color, but I played it in green:  http://pds8.egloos.com/pds/200806/05/08/e0000208_48473f134762b.jpg

like so:  http://leucht.com/photos/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2816&g2_serialNumber=2

or, Choplifter in green:  http://russpond.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/choplifter_lg-300x206.gif

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile

I remember an old demo version i played off a game last millennium(1998-2000). It was in either the German PCGames or the Gamestar magazine. It was an isometric rpg. You had 3 asian looking characters - one token female - and needed to close gates from which enemies would spawn endlessly. It wasn't necessarily a good game, it just bugs me that i can't remember what it was called. It had horrible sound effects that would loop endlessly.

Edit: Never mind - found it. It's Akuma - Demon Spawn.

Now to find out how to get this trash hit.

Edit Edit:Apparently it was called Lamentation Sword in Germany - and there are still some around on E-Buy.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 08:30:47 am by hachnslay »
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have two that I think might be toughies.

The first was, I think, on the PS2. You controlled a boat in some sort of military conflict, from a top down perspective. You could outfit it before missions, customizing the gun batteries and stuff, upgrading your crew.

The other one, most definitely on the N64, had you as a wizards apprentice in this big castle. It was a 3d third person. The intro sequence was all about going to visit some magical plant guy in the woods, finding his house empty, getting ambushed by goblins and poisoned. Then you get sent out on a quest to find an antidote or something, and you can recruit people into your party.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The other one, most definitely on the N64, had you as a wizards apprentice in this big castle. It was a 3d third person. The intro sequence was all about going to visit some magical plant guy in the woods, finding his house empty, getting ambushed by goblins and poisoned. Then you get sent out on a quest to find an antidote or something, and you can recruit people into your party.

Was it Aidyn Chronicles?

It's possibly my favorite RPG of the N64's limited selection.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dear sweet Hastur, yes it is! Thank you very much. Now to procure the game..
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

An old PC game that I believe came on floppy disks. Can't remember if it was DOS or Windows.

Anyway, it was a 3D racing game involving futuristic cars (they may have hovered). As you progressed through the game you could unlock new vehicles. I think you could shoot your competitors with lasers guns, and that may have been required to win.

Sorry if its a little unspecific. If it helps, I believe it came out around the same time as Wing Commander: Privateer.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

An old PC game that I believe came on floppy disks. Can't remember if it was DOS or Windows.

Anyway, it was a 3D racing game involving futuristic cars (they may have hovered). As you progressed through the game you could unlock new vehicles. I think you could shoot your competitors with lasers guns, and that may have been required to win.

Sorry if its a little unspecific. If it helps, I believe it came out around the same time as Wing Commander: Privateer.

Fairly common genre at the time, but perhaps MegaRace, Hi-octane or Wipeout? If MegaRace, the whole series is on GoG.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Maybe:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slipstream_5000

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile

Mkay, this is a DSiWare game, should be pretty unique at any rate.

It was an rts of sorts, involving various cellular organisms categorized by diet-herbivore, omnivore, predator. (Yes, I know that last one is off, but if I remember correctly that's how the last category is called instead of carnivore.)

I can't talk about the story because at the time I had read about the game the story was under wraps.

I can talk about different categories, though.

Herbivores were very easy to breed and feed, but were week in individual power. They also had some of the first support units-called queens or hives, one of the two.

Omnivores were apparently in the middle of stats, but with an emphasis on speed. I think they also formed the bulk of your ranged attackers?

Predators were tough to maintain, but extremely powerful-I remember some of them looking like sharks, and being about as powerful, too.

Sadly, I didn't read much beyond that.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

MegaRace? If MegaRace, the whole series is on GoG.
Holy crap, that's it! I had totally forgotten about the host until I saw those images!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

DwarfyDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Of course it's not safe! What are you, an ELF?!
    • View Profile

It's an in-browser game, similar to Hobowars in that you have a stat that you use to complete actions which slowly refills over time, plus a shopping/money system. The main difference is that Hobowars is about hobos, and the game I'm looking for was about pastries. The main currency is 'crumbs', and there's a maze that you explore. I (maybe falsely) remember the battles having graphics.
Small elves in your beard. The STD of the Dwarven world.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile

What is the name of this game? It seems to be a space 4X strategy where you can destroy stars.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 204