Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375508 times)

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No worries dude! Glad I could help! :D

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

It's a browser MMO, and it's set in space you play a House and try to increase your empire and move to more planets and make your house bigger and have better standing and reputation, I remember one of the areas of building you could go into was psionics
Imperium Nova?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

A browser game set around city-building, army building and then management of said armies. Combat vessels were all airships and required food(?) for upkeep; city could have buildings upgraded like a forge for production, or a farm to sustain a bigger army, or a dock to provide an extra defense against attacks on the city, among others. Combat was simple and numbers based, some units had slight advantages over others or favoured certain tactical setups but generally the bigger fleet would win. You could attack other players' cities and "enslave" them, where they are forced to give you a certain percentage of wealth and resource income. It is possible to overthrow the conqueror from your city, but since they would be likely to have a strong military presence the mechanics somewhat favoured just waiting out the time until they lost hold from lack of presence.

I know I've asked about this one before but hey, maybe the crowd around here's changed :P
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

1piemaster1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A browser game set around city-building, army building and then management of said armies. Combat vessels were all airships and required food(?) for upkeep; city could have buildings upgraded like a forge for production, or a farm to sustain a bigger army, or a dock to provide an extra defense against attacks on the city, among others. Combat was simple and numbers based, some units had slight advantages over others or favoured certain tactical setups but generally the bigger fleet would win. You could attack other players' cities and "enslave" them, where they are forced to give you a certain percentage of wealth and resource income. It is possible to overthrow the conqueror from your city, but since they would be likely to have a strong military presence the mechanics somewhat favoured just waiting out the time until they lost hold from lack of presence.

I know I've asked about this one before but hey, maybe the crowd around here's changed :P
Battledawn? Awesome browser based game.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Battledawn? Awesome browser based game.
I've seen Battledawn before, the game I'm thinking of is definitely similar, but it is literally just airships as military units.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Freesky Online sounds similar.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Freesky Online sounds similar.
The name sounds familiar too. I think that might be it.
Though it doesn't exist anymore, which is a shame.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

This suddenly popped into my head but...

It was basically a single player MUD, all I remember was that there were things called "Mantras" that you can use.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Could this be it?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

I'm afraid not, the game was played in real-time rounds, like an actual MUD.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Then I have no idea, sorry :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have vague memories of a shooter where you shoot spiders. I can't remember if it was just spiders. It was 2D with the spiders crawling from the top of the screen to the bottom I think.

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile

DS game. Strategy rpg. Units faced the four non-cardinal directions. A hero unit commanded a group of generics in front of them. I don't remember much else-too much of a headache right now.

There might have been something about a hero in the name.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have vague memories of a shooter where you shoot spiders. I can't remember if it was just spiders. It was 2D with the spiders crawling from the top of the screen to the bottom I think.

Not Tempest is it?  I mean, that isn't 2d and the spiders crawled up instead of down, but I cant think of any other spider shooters.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

world war 1 airplane game where u "influence" the front line based on where u attack.  wasnt red baron but u flew a red airplane early to mid 90s i think i saw this game
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 204