Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375521 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

There is game I use to play when I was really young, I think it came out around the same time as the original starcraft. It was a medieval/fantasy type RTS I remember I loved it because there was a bunch of teired builders that could summon more and more powerful units and buildings. I think it was called kingdoms or somthing of that sort but I can never find it ):

Total Annihilation: Kingdoms is what you're looking for.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tapper12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I'm trying to remember the name of a game I played a few years ago. I find it kinda annoying that I've forgot the name as it was probably my favorite platformer ever :/

Anyways, its a freeware platformer/rpg hybrid where you play as a girl infused with alien nanoids. And you've got to defend earth from an alien invasion while figuring out who you are and what happened through reading System Shock-styled audio logs. It was also possible to complete the whole game without killing a single enemy.

Pretty sure the name only consisted of three letters, but I cannot seem to remember.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile

Gah, what was that old Legend of Zelda game on I THINK the gameboy...color?  Or advance maybe?  Anyway, it was before Link to the Past, and it was in black and white I think.  There was this whale-creature in it with gems on it.  It also included a Time mechanic I think, where you could control it kinda.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Link's Awakening. Was also Oracle of Seasons/Ages, which messed with time a bit, but the whale thing was pretty specifically LA, iirc.

E: It wasn't before LttP, though. Couple years after. Can check this out for a fairly nice timeline/list.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 04:02:20 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I'm trying to remember the name of a game I played a few years ago. I find it kinda annoying that I've forgot the name as it was probably my favorite platformer ever :/

Anyways, its a freeware platformer/rpg hybrid where you play as a girl infused with alien nanoids. And you've got to defend earth from an alien invasion while figuring out who you are and what happened through reading System Shock-styled audio logs. It was also possible to complete the whole game without killing a single enemy.

Pretty sure the name only consisted of three letters, but I cannot seem to remember.
That would be Iji

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

That would be Iji
Beat me to it :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tapper12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That would be Iji

Yes, Thank you! I was googling every three letter combination I could find, but that was not one I thought of.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile

Does anybody know about a sort of browser wrestling game, where it's just these two blue guys trying to flip each other over?  You know, you have to jump and balance so that the other person falls on their head. 

is it by chance Wrestle Jump?
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

Hm, I've got another one.

I'm not sure where I saw it, it was possibly an after game report somewhere. It was a 4x space game where the player had (I think) corralled all of the solar systems under their control into a big clump and had built ships so large they dwarfed this massive ball of solar systems by a scale of 3 to 1. It had 3D graphics like Galactic Civilisations 2 but that's about all I remember.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Star Ruler, perhaps?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile

Star Ruler, perhaps?

Oh god, I remember make ships bigger than the universe. And that's not an overstatement.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

That seems about right, thank yea!
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Steamlined

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Boo.
    • View Profile

This game, I'm pretty sure it was on PlayStation, but I'm not 100% sure. You played on a 2D layout, and controlled some kind of space ship (Maybe?). There was some glowing orbs which surrounded your ship, that is where lasers come from when you shoot. You could select formations for these orbs. I remember as a child playing it with my Step-dad, and I remember selecting a formation in which the orbs spun around the ship. You fought enemies which flew onto the screen. Like I said, I'm pretty sure it was on PlayStation, but it may well be on another console. If anyone can answer this, I'll appreciate it a lot. Thanks!
"Mr. Churchill, You are drunk!"
"Yes. And you are ugly. But tomorrow, I will be sober. And you will still be ugly."

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This game, I'm pretty sure it was on PlayStation, but I'm not 100% sure. You played on a 2D layout, and controlled some kind of space ship (Maybe?). There was some glowing orbs which surrounded your ship, that is where lasers come from when you shoot. You could select formations for these orbs. I remember as a child playing it with my Step-dad, and I remember selecting a formation in which the orbs spun around the ship. You fought enemies which flew onto the screen. Like I said, I'm pretty sure it was on PlayStation, but it may well be on another console. If anyone can answer this, I'll appreciate it a lot. Thanks!

Gradius?

Steamlined

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Boo.
    • View Profile

Gradius?
You sir, have my immense thanks, You have no idea how grateful I am :D
Thanks for the really quick reply! ;)
"Mr. Churchill, You are drunk!"
"Yes. And you are ugly. But tomorrow, I will be sober. And you will still be ugly."
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 204