Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375477 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

That would be Exile series by Spiderweb Software.

Namely, Exile III: Ruined World or something like that.

However 2001 is a bit too old for that, so try checking the official remake, Avernum 3
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

Space ship game recently changed its name. A big feature for it was that your ships have captains with thier own personality. uhm and had really cool space battles.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile

Space ship game recently changed its name. A big feature for it was that your ships have captains with thier own personality. uhm and had really cool space battles.

Can you muster a little more detail?  Are you certain it got released?

In control of a single ship?  Graphics looked like they'd be new in what year?
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In controll of one ship but your captain of a fleet... Uhm it had a lot of ship types and it was top down 2d combat

Also not released but in alpha/beta

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile

I believe you're thinking of Starsector(previously Starfarer).
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe you're thinking of Starsector(previously Starfarer).

Thank you!!!!

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

PS1 or maybe PS2 game that had a demo that came with a magazine (possibly this one).

Judging from the demo it had RPG bits on board the spacecraft and fighty bits where you were flying it.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, this is reeeeally old one and it has been bugging me for years. I was born in 81 but my grandfather and uncle were really into computers and there was always one in the house. This was a dos game that I got at an Electronics Boutique or something similar when I was probably around 8 or 9 that came on a  5 1⁄4-in floppy and was basically a medieval fighting game for the 386 that was mostly weapons based. I remember you could be a sorta robin hood looking guy, a dude with a quarterstaff, a knight with a sword etc.. and you would just vs fight and I remember it being really fun. I can't remember the name and have never been able to find anything about it online. I would love to find a screencap or even a download for some good nostalgia. I've looked through abandonware sites with no luck.

I also remember these Spiderman games that were basically adventure games with basic cga/ega pics to go along with it. Never could find any info on those either...

EDIT: This thread is aweome. Got me to thinking about all these great old games I used to play. I just thought of this game called Overlord or Supremacy: Your Will Be Done that I used to love. And anyone remember an old adventure game called Loom??  :D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 05:33:08 pm by joey4track »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Ok, this is reeeeally old one and it has been bugging me for years. I was born in 81 but my grandfather and uncle were really into computers and there was always one in the house. This was a dos game that I got at an Electronics Boutique or something similar when I was probably around 8 or 9 that came on a  5 1⁄4-in floppy and was basically a medieval fighting game for the 386 that was mostly weapons based. I remember you could be a sorta robin hood looking guy, a dude with a quarterstaff, a knight with a sword etc.. and you would just vs fight and I remember it being really fun. I can't remember the name and have never been able to find anything about it online. I would love to find a screencap or even a download for some good nostalgia. I've looked through abandonware sites with no luck.

Barbarian?
Gladiator?
Swashbuckler?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I also remember these Spiderman games that were basically adventure games with basic cga/ega pics to go along with it. Never could find any info on those either...

EDIT: This thread is aweome. Got me to thinking about all these great old games I used to play. I just thought of this game called Overlord or Supremacy: Your Will Be Done that I used to love. And anyone remember an old adventure game called Loom??  :D

Loom is an utter classic and available on steam (CD talkie version too).

The spiderman game is probably... Spider-Man.

The action game sounds possibly like Heroes of the lance?

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Barbarian?
Gladiator?
Swashbuckler?

Haha, none of those thanks! But they look really cool. This games graphics were probably most close to Barbarian in quality if not worse, it was a pretty early dos game.

Loom is an utter classic and available on steam (CD talkie version too).

The spiderman game is probably... Spider-Man.

The action game sounds possibly like Heroes of the lance?
Not Heroes of the Lance either, but I got excited because the name sounded familiar but that's definitely not the game. Man, I've been thinking about this game for years haha. I'm probably better off not finding it because it's probably not even as fun as I remember  :P  But that spider man game is totally what I was thinking of!!

This gave me a major flashback:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And that loom remake looks amazing!

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perhaps Windwalker or Moebius?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Does anybody know about a sort of browser wrestling game, where it's just these two blue guys trying to flip each other over?  You know, you have to jump and balance so that the other person falls on their head. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

casserol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is game I use to play when I was really young, I think it came out around the same time as the original starcraft. It was a medieval/fantasy type RTS I remember I loved it because there was a bunch of teired builders that could summon more and more powerful units and buildings. I think it was called kingdoms or somthing of that sort but I can never find it ):

Blood and magic ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vhnpi12z_0

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

I'm going to guess you are thinking about Defender of the Crown.

EDIT: Hmm... then again DotC had more than just vs fights.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 03:40:10 am by Aptus »
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 204