Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375516 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

Roguelike type thingy with graphics.  You land on a planet and have to not die.  Each race (human/beastly alien and squishy psionic thingy IIRC) plays completely differently.  You can die of cold.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

That would be Notrium.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

That would be Notrium.

I love you.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I found the game I was looking for. Anyone ever heard of Tanarus? It was actually published by Sony Online Entertainment. Fun times, fun times, too bad it's just no longer available.

Heh, if Sony released a modern remake of that game, they might actually be able to take on Wargaming in the tank MMO genre, because GODDAMN that game was fun
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, I'm remembering a game.

It was a sort of pixel-y game where you were essentially God. You were given a variety of options to sculpt the world below to your will in several different "rounds". Like, you could crash a meteor and then make it rain to create a lake in the crater. Or you could crash a meteor and then heat the world up to create a volcano. Stuff like that. Sometimes you had to make tough choices regarding life on the world. Eventually you could create two different kinds of sentient life: humans and rabbits, and depending on your choices they could either live in harmony or kill each other.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sandbox of God?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sandbox of God?
You rock! Thanks a bunch!

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile

A free game called Anarchists or something like that.  Turn based worm-like game where wizards attack each other with various projectile based spells...

Tried searching it up but no luck, I doubt it is still in existence though

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Not sure about worm-like, but you might want to look at Chaos: Battle of the Wizards. It's pretty old, but sounds like what you're looking for. There are plenty of new remakes for it, so it could've been one of them.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A free game called Anarchists or something like that.  Turn based worm-like game where wizards attack each other with various projectile based spells...

Tried searching it up but no luck, I doubt it is still in existence though
Lightning's Shadow sounds like something of the sort. Except for the title.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile

YES.  It was Lightning Shadow, but thank both of you guys so much for trying to help.  :D

Metalsoul212

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is game I use to play when I was really young, I think it came out around the same time as the original starcraft. It was a medieval/fantasy type RTS I remember I loved it because there was a bunch of teired builders that could summon more and more powerful units and buildings. I think it was called kingdoms or somthing of that sort but I can never find it ):

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

.......could id be along the lines of TA: Kingdoms?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am constantly impressed by the memory of people in this thread... so here is my beer-induced challenge....

A game I played on the A500, you controlled some kind of kangaroo-man who was a miner, possibly a Swedish miner, who had to hop/run through a mine jumping pits and avoiding dynamite and possibly collecting gold.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Cyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This one is bugging the crap out of me:

Looking for a shareware RPG game that I played back ~2001. It may be up to a decade older than that though...

It was a tile based fantasy RPG (not isometric). Your party is a single character on screen, but when combat is triggered they are all represented on a new map where you play out the combat in turns again the enemys.

You start in a big underground cavern, fighting mostly goblins I think.. and then later get to the surface. Can't remember much more though...

Had a character editor that was useful for reviving party members that died in combat.

Ahah I was looking for that exact same one. AND IT WAS ALSO BUGGING THE CRAP OUT OF ME. Thanks !
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 204